PDA

View Full Version : 320 striker reset spring

GJM
11-16-2020, 10:33 PM
My wife started having an issue with her newest Legion CO pistol, where the tip of the striker would protrude when the slide was locked back and she went to insert a magazine at “make ready.” Discussed this with another friend who shoots high round counts through a 330 Legion, and he has to routinely replace the striker reset spring. When we got the striker out, we were astounded at how small such an important spring was. It is the little itty bitty part.

Archer1440
11-16-2020, 11:01 PM
My wife started having an issue with her newest Legion CO pistol, where the tip of the striker would protrude when the slide was locked back and she went to insert a magazine at “make ready.” Discussed this with another friend who shoots high round counts through a 330 Legion, and he has to routinely replace the striker reset spring. When we got the striker out, we were astounded at how small such an important spring was. It is the little itty bitty part.

What’s the round count on this one?

GJM
11-16-2020, 11:06 PM
What’s the round count on this one?

Only about 2,500 live fire and modest dry fire.

Eyesquared
11-16-2020, 11:09 PM

Would you happen to know if the striker assembly and the related springs are the same between the Legion and a normal P320? It's time for end of year maintenance and I don't have the patience to untangle the 10 million Benos threads about P320 triggers and all the various combinations of aftermarket parts. I have heard that the legion has a different striker spring but I can't seem to find any place to buy the damn thing anyways.

GJM
11-16-2020, 11:12 PM
Would you happen to know if the striker assembly and the related springs are the same between the Legion and a normal P320? It's time for end of year maintenance and I don't have the patience to untangle the 10 million Benos threads about P320 triggers and all the various combinations of aftermarket parts. I have heard that the legion has a different striker spring but I can't seem to find any place to buy the damn thing anyways.

Good question, my friend says the Legion part is different from a regular X5, but Sig told my wife they are the same. My wife bought ten springs from Brownell’s today, which was the only place she could find them.

Archer1440
11-17-2020, 07:39 PM
Only about 2,500 live fire and modest dry fire.

As you know, every dry fire cycle does count against the lifespan of the springs on the striker mechanism. For me, my dry to live fire ratios are about 100-1. So I stay on top of these sorts of issues by treating dry fire as if it is live when it comes to small parts (and I dry fire a specific dedicated pistol, in my case, a VP9, which is arguably a lot more robust than a 320 series SIG).

lwt16
11-17-2020, 08:51 PM
Section 4.2 of my P320 armorer’s manual recommends replacement of the “striker assembly” at 20,000 round intervals.

I’d say that spring wore out too soon.

That’s for 9mm models. All others are 15k intervals.

Regards.

KevH
11-18-2020, 01:13 PM
Sigh....

GJM
11-23-2020, 10:14 PM
Picture of a new spring and a worn out one.

ghost8six
04-13-2022, 09:31 AM
Picture of a new spring and a worn out one.

How did you get a new spring?

I have 4 p320 pistols. I have found 2 broken striker reset springs after low round counts. Contacted sig and their customer service was rude and only said I could send my firearms in to be inspected for 55 dollars. I told him in depth that it didn't need to be inspected, I was telling him the exact issue. His response was they don't sell that spring individually.

When a 7 dollar spring can make your gun go down, and the only option is buying a new 60 dollar striker assembly is solution, that's ridiculous.

JTQ
04-13-2022, 03:09 PM

From above

My wife bought ten springs from Brownell’s today, which was the only place she could find them.

theJanitor
04-13-2022, 05:30 PM
I'm taking possession of a X5 legion in a couple weeks and this is a little disheartening. and the search at brownells seems fruitless too:

willie
04-13-2022, 08:26 PM

I have 4 p320 pistols. I have found 2 broken striker reset springs after low round counts. Contacted sig and their customer service was rude and only said I could send my firearms in to be inspected for 55 dollars. I told him in depth that it didn't need to be inspected, I was telling him the exact issue. His response was they don't sell that spring individually.

When a 7 dollar spring can make your gun go down, and the only option is buying a new 60 dollar striker assembly is solution, that's ridiculous.

I thought that Sig had got their act together, but I guess not.

ghost8six
04-13-2022, 08:38 PM
I thought that Sig had got their act together, but I guess not.

I've been looking everywhere to find the striker reset springs. After dealing with a rude sig customer service rep I don't know what else to do. I'm not gonna go buy 60 dollar striker assemblies because their springs are breaking prematurely. The striker assemblies are also out of stock most places as well.

I also found another thread that some gunsmith has been seeing this often enough to take note of it. As for now I'm switching back to glock. If one of these springs breaks, a piece of it could fall into the striker assembly giving you a malfunction making the gun inoperable until you disassemble it. I have to trust my guns to work all the time, not part of the time.

I don't know how more people aren't aware of this.

JCN
04-13-2022, 08:50 PM
I've been looking everywhere to find the striker reset springs. After dealing with a rude sig customer service rep I don't know what else to do. I'm not gonna go buy 60 dollar striker assemblies because their springs are breaking prematurely. The striker assemblies are also out of stock most places as well.

I also found another thread that some gunsmith has been seeing this often enough to take note of it. As for now I'm switching back to glock. If one of these springs breaks, a piece of it could fall into the striker assembly giving you a malfunction making the gun inoperable until you disassemble it. I have to trust my guns to work all the time, not part of the time.

That looks like something that could have a good enough replacement part from something at Wolff Springs.

If someone measures and calipers it, I’ll bet you could make something work.

GJM
04-13-2022, 08:57 PM
Just asked my wife about this. Since this is an issue that comes from pressing the trigger in dry fire without a snap cap, she is using just one pistol for dry fire, and she mostly just touches the face of the trigger, or presses the trigger once without resetting it. Since that change in procedure, this has become a non issue. Press the trigger and reset the slide constantly on a bunch of 320 pistols, and you will have a bunch of broken springs to replace.

Super77
04-13-2022, 09:05 PM
I love shooting my X5 in CO but I have so little faith in it that I bought a complete spare slide. That said, no issues in about 5500 rounds. I’d like to get a line on these springs, or something close, at some point.

HCM
04-13-2022, 09:08 PM

I have not seen this or heard of it. For reference I have about 20k rounds on both personal and issued p320s. Locally I have 300 shooters with P320s out of about 12,000 nationwide (we have a few k using personal Glocks.

Despite this, I’m sure this is occurring but it indicates to me the issues is a batch or batches of reset springs rather than a deficiency inherent to the design.

Is this occurring in all P320 models or only the Legions ?

Not the first time SIG (or Glock or insert brand here) has had a bad batch of parts.

SIG is also not the only OEM which doesn’t sell all individual parts directly. In addition to Brownells, you can often get SIG parts not available from SIG at Top Gun Supply or Midwest Gun Works (MGW).

ghost8six
04-13-2022, 09:09 PM
Just asked my wife about this. Since this is an issue that comes from pressing the trigger in dry fire without a snap cap, she is using just one pistol for dry fire, and she mostly just touches the face of the trigger, or presses the trigger once without resetting it. Since that change in procedure, this has become a non issue. Press the trigger and reset the slide constantly on a bunch of 320 pistols, and you will have a bunch of broken springs to replace.

A duty handgun adopted by the military that you can't dry fire? Snap cap or not, that's not okay. You can dry fire a glock or an m&p thousands of times without snap caps. I know because i do it all the time. The only thing that should cause is extra wear on normal springs. The recoil, and the trigger springs mainly. To each their own, but this is poor quality in my opinion.

HCM
04-13-2022, 09:15 PM
A duty handgun adopted by the military that you can't dry fire? Snap cap or not, that's not okay. You can dry fire a glock or an m&p thousands of times without snap caps. I know because i do it all the time. The only thing that should cause is extra wear on normal springs. The recoil, and the trigger springs mainly. To each their own, but this is poor quality in my opinion.

You can dryfire a Glock thousands of times without a snap cap or other mitigation , but per Glock you shouldn’t. It will eventually cause a failure of the breechface.

HCM
04-13-2022, 09:19 PM

Is this from the striker fall not being mitigated by a snap cap or is this like the CZs where the life span of the spring is X number of cycles whether live or dry ?

GJM
04-13-2022, 09:30 PM
I have not seen this or heard of it. For reference I have about 20k rounds on both personal and issued p320s. Locally I have 300 shooters with P320s out of about 12,000 nationwide (we have a few k using personal Glocks.

Despite this, I’m sure this is occurring but it indicates to me the issues is a batch or batches of reset springs rather than a deficiency inherent to the design.

Is this occurring in all P320 models or only the Legions ?

Not the first time SIG (or Glock or insert brand here) has had a bad batch of parts.

SIG is also not the only OEM which doesn’t sell all individual parts directly. In addition to Brownells, you can often get SIG parts not available from SIG at Top Gun Supply or Midwest Gun Works (MGW).

Lock the slide back, and see if the tip of the striker is protruding. I just grabbed my three AXG Pro competition pistols (non Legion, 4.7 inch slides). Two were fine, and my highest use one has the striker tip just slightly protruding.

I don't believe it is a Legion or bad batch of springs issue.

I checked a number of our 365 pistols, and didn't observe any issues, but I am not sure if that is a function of the 365 design, or that we just don't dry fire the 365 like our competition pistols.

I am not sure I would call this poor "quality," but I would call it a poor design.

Here is the part, and it is a very tiny spring.

GJM
04-13-2022, 09:33 PM
Is this from the striker fall not being mitigated by a snap cap or is this like the CZs where the life span of the spring is X number of cycles whether live or dry ?

I believe it is the striker fall not being restrained by a snap cap.

Fun exercise for folks on PF -- lock your 320s back and see if the striker is protruding at all.

lwt16
04-14-2022, 08:34 AM
I'm over about 35 copies and will be doing an inspection of them all soon. Some are early models that were sent back for the voluntary recall and some are recent manufacture dates. If I see any issues, I'll report back.

So far, we haven't had this particular spring fail but I suspect that most are relative low round count pistols. While I am an advocate of dry fire, I fear that it falls on deaf ears amongst my social circle of P320 shooters. I have had one recently on my bench that had issues with the trigger return spring but I am not sure that was a failure or a "shooter messing with it" issue.

I do prefer the design of the 365 striker return spring and it is quite different from the 320 design. Even though Sig armorer instructors are told to recommend full striker assembly replacement should something go wrong, mine still taught us how to break it down to the bits.

Disappointing that you can't get the individual spring from Sig or a parts supplier.

Regards.

HCM
04-14-2022, 08:49 AM
I'm over about 35 copies and will be doing an inspection of them all soon. Some are early models that were sent back for the voluntary recall and some are recent manufacture dates. If I see any issues, I'll report back.

So far, we haven't had this particular spring fail but I suspect that most are relative low round count pistols. While I am an advocate of dry fire, I fear that it falls on deaf ears amongst my social circle of P320 shooters. I have had one recently on my bench that had issues with the trigger return spring but I am not sure that was a failure or a "shooter messing with it" issue.

I do prefer the design of the 365 striker return spring and it is quite different from the 320 design. Even though Sig armorer instructors are told to recommend full striker assembly replacement should something go wrong, mine still taught us how to break it down to the bits.

Disappointing that you can't get the individual spring from Sig or a parts supplier.

Regards.

We have seen some P320 trigger return spring failures at low round counts (2-3k)but there was a cluster of them within a few months and then the issue went away, indicating either a QC or improper assembly issue.,

GJM
04-14-2022, 10:02 AM
I want to clarify my earlier post. One might assume, based on what I said, that the spring is binary, as in good or bad.

Last night, when I checked my three competition pistols, the striker was slightly protruding on my most used one. This morning, it wasn’t. I asked my wife about it and she said that in the beginning stages of wear, the tip of the striker may or may not protrude. Presumably when the spring is in pieces/mangled, the tip reliably protrudes. At that point, it could interfere with a slide lock reload.

For someone that dry fires a lot, they should consider a dry fire slide or at least a dedicated striker assembly.

HCM
04-14-2022, 10:55 AM

Regards.

IME you can get the spring (and other SIG bits) via re-sellers like TGS, MGW and sometimes Brownells, but SIG declines to sell them directly. I’ve had the same experience in the past with P229 parts.

GJM
04-14-2022, 11:44 AM

lwt16
04-14-2022, 11:45 AM
IME you can get the spring (and other SIG bits) via re-sellers like TGS, MGW and sometimes Brownells, but SIG declines to sell them directly. I’ve had the same experience in the past with P229 parts.

Yes, I may have a couple of spares in my kit at home as when we went to these pistols, I took initiative and ordered a decent supply of various parts and springs. I've sure had to dig into that supply with our copies but still have several parts left.

I'm now trying to get a decent 365 parts kit on hand as several within my circle have bought 365s, XLs and such.

GJM
04-14-2022, 01:00 PM
Has anyone closely compared to 320 striker design to the 365 to see if it is similar?

HeavyDuty
04-14-2022, 01:20 PM
I believe it is the striker fall not being restrained by a snap cap.

Fun exercise for folks on PF -- lock your 320s back and see if the striker is protruding at all.

Sample of three, all manufactured in the last year and low round count: no.

(X5 Legion, M18, P320 AXG)

358156hp
04-14-2022, 07:20 PM
I just ordered spares from Midwest Gun Works (MGW). Two of my P320s were used, and I don't know what sort of life they led before I got them.

An ounce of prevention...

JCN
04-14-2022, 07:33 PM
https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/1300848-R

lwt16
04-14-2022, 08:57 PM
Has anyone closely compared to 320 striker design to the 365 to see if it is similar?

If you would like, I can break them down side by side and post pics. Just let me know and I can probably do that first thing in the morning.

TheNewbie
04-15-2022, 01:39 PM
Is there a safety issue with this? Besides the gun not functioning I guess.

JCS
10-28-2022, 08:54 PM
Recently discovered this issue on my main p320 x5 legion while I was doing some other safety testing on it.

I am quite sure I have exceeded 20k trigger pulls on this gun between dry and live. I’m not sure when it failed because there are no issues with actually shooting the gun.

They are not easy to find in stock anymore. On another forum someone said sig no longer sells individual striker assembly parts.

So far I have had the trigger return spring fail and now this spring. The trigger return spring was a catastrophic failure because the trigger stopped resetting. The striker return spring is a failure I suppose but the gun still works.

With the reports of p320s going off in holsters it was a little alarming to see the striker protruding out but it can be pushed back in with little force so I don’t believe it could cause an issue.

Oddly enough the most recent Reddit claim of the p320 ad had a broken striker return spring I believe.

JCS
10-29-2022, 01:19 PM
Update. New vs old spring. Old one is a mangled mess. No spring to it at all anymore.

Texaspoff
10-31-2022, 07:11 AM
Recently discovered this issue on my main p320 x5 legion while I was doing some other safety testing on it.

I am quite sure I have exceeded 20k trigger pulls on this gun between dry and live. I’m not sure when it failed because there are no issues with actually shooting the gun.

They are not easy to find in stock anymore. On another forum someone said sig no longer sells individual striker assembly parts.

So far I have had the trigger return spring fail and now this spring. The trigger return spring was a catastrophic failure because the trigger stopped resetting. The striker return spring is a failure I suppose but the gun still works.

With the reports of p320s going off in holsters it was a little alarming to see the striker protruding out but it can be pushed back in with little force so I don’t believe it could cause an issue.

Oddly enough the most recent Reddit claim of the p320 ad had a broken striker return spring I believe.

Don't loose any sleep over this. I too have had this spring fail, and I removed it, ordered a new one and ran the pistol until it arrived without issue. Even though Sig calls this a striker return spring, it's really a redundancy part. The striker will reset without this spring, and function perfectly fine. Glock and most other striker pistols do not have this type of spring in their striker assemblies. I wouldn't be surprised if Sig doesn't delete this spring at some point. Even with it's failure, it does not create a situation where the pistol could fire by itself. As you discovered, when the spring fails, it typically collapses on itself and the striker eventually beats it into a little ball. At most it could create a light strike situation, not allowing the striker to achieve maximum travel, but to my knowledge hasn't even caused this issue.

As stated previously, Glocks do not have this type of spring in their striker assemblies, and repeated dry fire has in some cases caused a failure of their breech faces. IMO I believe Sig put this spring in the design to mitigate that with the 320, and simply called it a striker return spring.

TXPO

Clusterfrack
10-31-2022, 10:39 AM
This is an optimistic interpretation, and I hope you're right. The best scenario is that Sig engineered the p320 so well that it is robust to small parts failures. Personally, I doubt that. I have low confidence in Sig's engineering, based on multiple serious prior issues with the 320.

Deleting parts to eliminate failures is consistent with what I would expect from Sig: continued rolling modifications to keep making millions on a problematic design.

Don't loose any sleep over this. I too have had this spring fail, and I removed it, ordered a new one and ran the pistol until it arrived without issue. Even though Sig calls this a striker return spring, it's really a redundancy part. The striker will reset without this spring, and function perfectly fine. Glock and most other striker pistols do not have this type of spring in their striker assemblies. I wouldn't be surprised if Sig doesn't delete this spring at some point. Even with it's failure, it does not create a situation where the pistol could fire by itself. As you discovered, when the spring fails, it typically collapses on itself and the striker eventually beats it into a little ball. At most it could create a light strike situation, not allowing the striker to achieve maximum travel, but to my knowledge hasn't even caused this issue.

As stated previously, Glocks do not have this type of spring in their striker assemblies, and repeated dry fire has in some cases caused a failure of their breech faces. IMO I believe Sig put this spring in the design to mitigate that with the 320, and simply called it a striker return spring.

Texaspoff
10-31-2022, 02:25 PM
This is an optimistic interpretation, and I hope you're right. The best scenario is that Sig engineered the p320 so well that it is robust to small parts failures. Personally, I doubt that. I have low confidence in Sig's engineering, based on multiple serious prior issues with the 320.

Deleting parts to eliminate failures is consistent with what I would expect from Sig: continued rolling modifications to keep making millions on a problematic design.

I completely agree with you on how SIG handles these situations, but my experience with the platform, since its introduction and seeing thousand upon thousands of rounds through various models, and seeing this spring fail, I have yet to see the striker return spring cause any issues other than being a nuisance when changing or getting lost in the carpet. :)

To add, one of the Glock armorer tests is with an empty pistol, cycle the slide, and pull the trigger and holding it to the rear shake the pistol back and forth, at which time you should hear a rattle. That is the striker/firing pin moving freely inside the striker channel, including being able to penetrate the breech face.

The 320 's striker/firing pin doesn't do this because of the striker return spring. In other words if anyone is worried about a free moving striker/firing pin, stop carrying your Glock immediately. Not saying the 320 is safer or the Glock is unsafe, it's just the nature of their designs. There are a lot of internet commandos, spewing information as if it is the gospel truth and written in stone when it is nothing more than one person opinion. We must all remember there are always three sides to every story, with the truth being somewhere in the middle.

When the 320 was proven to have a drop fire issue, I shelved mine as well as all the ones the officers in our department were carrying until a fix was found. Once returned from the VUP, we conducted our own tests, including destroying a frame to prove to ourselves, they were in fact safe to carry. So until there is absolute proof, like the drop fire condition, that the 320 has a design flaw causing an un commanded fire condition, I will continue to carry my 320 on duty. I will also continue carrying my Glocks, since Glock leg was proven to be operator error rather than a design defect.

TXPO

JCS
10-31-2022, 03:12 PM

TXPO

Thanks. After looking into it more, from what my pea brain can understand it’s basically a useless spring. I replaced one and I’m gonna monitor to see how few rounds it takes to make it useless again.

I’m glad to hear about your updates on the p320. Mine are all post upgrade and now that I understand how the striker safeties work, I don’t see how it’s possible for the gun to go off in the holster without the trigger being pulled. I found a video where a guy makes the sear drop without pulling the trigger and the striker safety prevents it from actually firing even with the sear dropping.

TicTacticalTimmy
10-31-2022, 04:45 PM
I
To add, one of the Glock armorer tests is with an empty pistol, cycle the slide, and pull the trigger and holding it to the rear shake the pistol back and forth, at which time you should hear a rattle. That is the striker/firing pin moving freely inside the striker channel, including being able to penetrate the breech face.

The 320 's striker/firing pin doesn't do this because of the striker return spring. In other words if anyone is worried about a free moving striker/firing pin, stop carrying your Glock immediately. Not saying the 320 is safer or the Glock is unsafe, it's just the nature of their designs. There are a lot of internet commandos, spewing information as if it is the gospel truth and written in stone when it is nothing more than one person opinion. We must all remember there are always three sides to every story, with the truth being somewhere in the middle.

TXPO

I do not beleive your statement about Glocks to be correct. When the weapon is cocked the protrusion on the trigger bar is physically preventing the striker from moving forward, it is not "free floating" like the firing pin on an AR15. When you pull the trigger, the trigger bar has cleared the striker. If you keep the trigger pinned to the rear, then yes, at that point the striker is "free floating".

A hammer fired gun uses a firing pin spring that is putting constant rearward pressure on the firing pin, preventing it from moving forward until a force counteracts that spring. I believe that hammer fired guns without such springs (Tokarev I think?) have been shown to be very drop un-safe.

JCS
10-31-2022, 05:18 PM
I do not beleive your statement about Glocks to be correct. When the weapon is cocked the protrusion on the trigger bar is physically preventing the striker from moving forward, it is not "free floating" like the firing pin on an AR15. When you pull the trigger, the trigger bar has cleared the striker. If you keep the trigger pinned to the rear, then yes, at that point the striker is "free floating".

A hammer fired gun uses a firing pin spring that is putting constant rearward pressure on the firing pin, preventing it from moving forward until a force counteracts that spring. I believe that hammer fired guns without such springs (Tokarev I think?) have been shown to be very drop un-safe.

You are both saying the same thing. The Glock test is done without re-racking the slide.

On the p320 if the striker return spring is broke the striker will be free floating after you pull the trigger (but don’t rack the slide. But once you rack the slide tension is put back on the striker so it’s not free floating.

Texaspoff
10-31-2022, 07:43 PM

Im referring to cycling the slide, pulling the trigger and holding to the rear, but not re racking the slide. The striker is in it's resting mode, as if it had just set off a round. The striker is free floating within the stiker channel in this condition, and you can hear it rattle. If you have a glock, try it. That is what it is supposed to do. If you do not hear it rattle, the firing pin channel could be dirty, or oily or the striker block may not be fully disengaging the firing pin. The rattle is normal, no rattling is not normal and needs to be examined further. This is one of the Armorers function tests. It works on all Generations of Glock.

TXPO

psalms144.1
10-31-2022, 07:53 PM
I'm a little confused at this point. I thought somewhere upthread folks were talking about this spring failing causing the firing pin to protrude, and possible slam fires.

I don't own a P320, don't plan on buying one anytime soon, just trying to stay educated...

TicTacticalTimmy
10-31-2022, 08:29 PM
Im referring to cycling the slide, pulling the trigger and holding to the rear, but not re racking the slide. The striker is in it's resting mode, as if it had just set off a round. The striker is free floating within the stiker channel in this condition, and you can hear it rattle. If you have a glock, try it. That is what it is supposed to do. If you do not hear it rattle, the firing pin channel could be dirty, or oily or the striker block may not be fully disengaging the firing pin. The rattle is normal, no rattling is not normal and needs to be examined further. This is one of the Armorers function tests. It works on all Generations of Glock.

TXPO

Sorry if I was being unclear in my previous post.

The part I was disagreeing with was when you said 'if this bothers you, stop carrying your glock'. While you are carrying the gun, the striker is not free floating. That is the time when you would naturally be worried about it free floating, as that is when inertia could cause the striker to contact the primer, such as from a drop. The fact that it is free floating when the trigger is held back is a nonissue, unless someone slams the muzzle into the ground while pinning the trigger back.

Texaspoff
11-01-2022, 07:48 AM
Sorry if I was being unclear in my previous post.

The part I was disagreeing with was when you said 'if this bothers you, stop carrying your glock'. While you are carrying the gun, the striker is not free floating. That is the time when you would naturally be worried about it free floating, as that is when inertia could cause the striker to contact the primer, such as from a drop. The fact that it is free floating when the trigger is held back is a nonissue, unless someone slams the muzzle into the ground while pinning the trigger back.

I gotcha, yes the strikers are not free floating when they are in their cocked position in any other striker guns. I was simply using the free floating striker as an example to show that even with a failure of the striker return spring in the 320, it would still function normally. I wasn't clear on what condition the pistol is when the striker is free floating, that's my fault.

Because of the design and where it sits in relation to the striker, it's failure also would not cause the striker to protrude through the breech face causing a slam fire. There isn't anyway for the spring or it's part to migrate into an area of the striker that would cause the striker to stick in the forward position. Again, I'm not 100% why they even included the part in the design, and in the armors course they don't know either, other than their explanation it aids in resetting the striker. Which in action, the striker will reset itself without the aid of the spring.

TXPO

JCS
11-01-2022, 05:00 PM
I'm a little confused at this point. I thought somewhere upthread folks were talking about this spring failing causing the firing pin to protrude, and possible slam fires.

I don't own a P320, don't plan on buying one anytime soon, just trying to stay educated...

Slam fires have been mentioned but I don’t see any validity to it. The striker isn’t stuck it’s more free floating.

I’ll add it sticks out in dry fire. Whether or not it would stick out after a round goes off in the chamber is a mystery to me. But it requires a very small amount of force to go back into the striker channel so I don’t understand how it could cause a slam fire in the current generation of striker.