PDA

View Full Version : The Right Stuff series remake on Disney Plus (Nat Geo channel)

LittleLebowski
11-15-2020, 03:27 PM
I think they are doing a great job, I need to reread the book (https://www.amazon.com/Right-Stuff-Tom-Wolfe-ebook/dp/B00139XSBA/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=The+right+stuff&qid=1605471797&sr=8-4) now, since it’s been something like thirty years I read it, but I do tire of the methodical documentation of infidelity by the astronauts and I still think John Glenn’s documented nascent political plans were weird. That being said, it’s a worthy effort and you won’t hate it even if you loved the original movie, give it a shot.

Guerrero
11-15-2020, 03:34 PM
Watched the first episode. Thought they did a horrible job of differentiating between the characters. The show seems to assume you already know well who they are. The focus on the infidelity (which was a real thing) and the John Glenn politician stuff annoyed me, too.

LittleLebowski
11-15-2020, 03:37 PM
Watched the first episode. Thought they did a horrible job of differentiating between the characters. The show seems to assume you already know well who they are. The focus on the infidelity (which was a real thing) and the John Glenn politician stuff annoyed me, too.

That was a glorious ass chewing by Shepard in the opening scene, I enjoyed that :D

LittleLebowski
11-16-2020, 10:06 AM
Stephanie B I figured you might enjoy this.

Doc_Glock
11-16-2020, 11:08 AM
I watch that movie over and over as a kid. Didn’t read the book to last year they were both quite good excited to check this out.