PDA

View Full Version : M&P Shield POI

oboe
06-22-2012, 09:15 PM
I thought I was nuts [and maybe I am] or the world's poorest marksman [and maybe I am]. Just to check my sanity and marksmanship, I asked one of the pros at the shop to shoot my M&P Shield. He cane up with the same result - it shot extremely high and very wide to the left. The shop adjust the front sight, and it move POI about halfway from where it had been to where it should be. After the second front sight adjustment, it shot dead on [at seven yards - who knows what it will do when I lengthen the range].

The front sight now looks visibly off center to the left.

What would cause this anomaly? What, if anything, can be done about it?

JM Campbell
06-22-2012, 10:07 PM
My new one was low and left.....corrected grip and used 3 dot and not top of sights....problem fixed for me.

YMMV

ETA: I was over gripping the thin frame and was pushing left. Eased up on the grip and lights out. NickA shot mine as well last weekend and had no where as much to the left POI as me...he was pretty dead on with a flayer or two.

VolGrad
06-23-2012, 12:54 PM
I shoot mine top of the post and have no issues.

JBP55
06-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Moving the rear sight to the left will cause you to shoot left. If the pistol is shooting left you need to move the rear sight to the right.
Disregard, I reread your post and saw where the front sight, not the rear sight was moved which is a little unusual.