PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P Semi-Auto Pistols Quiz!

hoppy70
06-22-2012, 03:13 PM
S&W M&P Semi-Auto Pistols Quiz!

I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course and now I am on the Ruger Double Action Revolvers. I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the near future.

There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them hopefully correctly but during my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following quiz questions. I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these few quiz questions? Please correct my wrong answers!

Thanks for your help.

Note #27. The magazine catch, thumb safety and the slide stop are ambidextrous. - True or false

Note #28. The magazine spring pushes the front of the follower
a) up
b) down

Note #29. The striker assembly does not have or need a return spring. - True or -false

Note #30. A slave pin must be used on what assembly in order for it to go back into the frame?
a) The sear assembly
b) The fire control assembly
c) The trigger assembly
d) No slave pin is required for the reassembly of this pistol

Note #31. The locking block (insert) must go into the frame before the trigger assembly. - True or false

Note #32. When putting the takedown lever back into the frame, the notch on the takedown lever must be facing down toward the takedown lever spring (retaining wire). - True or false

Note #33. The trigger bar must be put into its position on the fire control system, after the fire control system is fully situated in its position in the frame. - True or false

Note #34. When driving in pins with tapered ends, the tapered end must go in last. - True or false.

derekb
06-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Note #27. The magazine catch, thumb safety and the slide stop are ambidextrous. - True or false

So, you haven't even looked at some pictures of this gun?

bdcheung
06-22-2012, 03:24 PM
ummm....

BCL
06-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Not to be a dick, but you have like 10 threads with questions about different firearms for this course you are taking. How many of the guns that are in this course have you actually had your hands on?

jetfire
06-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Isn't asking a bunch of strangers for help on your homework kind of cheating?

hoppy70
06-22-2012, 11:00 PM
ummm....

Threre are many diferent firearms in this course. I have just finished with the Ruger and did not edit my text. Thanks for bring it to my attention.

hoppy70
06-23-2012, 06:19 PM

I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course and now I am on the S&W M&P Semi-Auto Pistols. I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the near future.

There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them hopefully correctly but during my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following quiz questions. I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these few quiz questions? Please correct my wrong answers!

Thanks for your help.

a) up
b) down

Note #29. The striker assembly does not have or need a return spring. - True or -false

Note #30. A slave pin must be used on what assembly in order for it to go back into the frame?
a) The sear assembly
c) The trigger assembly

Note #31. The locking block (insert) must go into the frame before the trigger assembly. - True or false

Note #32. When putting the takedown lever back into the frame, the notch on the takedown lever must be facing down toward the takedown lever spring (retaining wire). - True or false

Note #33. The trigger bar must be put into its position on the fire control system, after the fire control system is fully situated in its position in the frame. - True or false

Note #34. When driving in pins with tapered ends, the tapered end must go in last. - True or false.

Corrected an error in the text!

hoppy70
06-25-2012, 07:16 AM

I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course and now I am on the Ruger Double Action Revolvers. I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the near future.

Thanks for your help.

a) up
b) down

a) The sear assembly
c) The trigger assembly

Added some of my answers!