PDA

View Full Version : Mexican carry?

bdcheung
06-21-2012, 11:45 AM
http://www.freep.com/article/20120615/NEWS03/120615029/Man-shoots-himself-in-the-penis-in-Birmingham?odyssey=obinsite

A Southfield man is recovering after accidentally shooting himself in the penis as he adjusted his gun, according to police.

The 45-year-old heating and air-conditioning company employee was on a job in Birmingham on Tuesday when the incident took place, Birmingham Police Deputy Chief Mark Clemence said today. He was getting ready to work and was moving the .40-caliber Glock pistol in his pants when it discharged at 11:15 a.m.

Kyle Reese
06-21-2012, 11:47 AM
This is what happens when one approaches carrying a handgun in a negligent and cavalier manner. Stupid hurts.

Jay Cunningham
06-21-2012, 12:01 PM
New definition of "leaving a tip".

ToddG
06-21-2012, 12:09 PM

Now that's funny.

LittleLebowski
06-21-2012, 12:22 PM
First episode of Archer.

TGS
06-21-2012, 12:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS-7zTzrSAA

NEPAKevin
06-21-2012, 12:45 PM
It could have been a lot worse. It’s a big bullet; you’re not talking a small bullet.

Good thing it wasn't a .45... :rolleyes:

Kyle Reese
06-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Good thing it wasn't a .45... :rolleyes:

If that had been the case, we'd have witnessed a rift in the space/time continuum due to the sheer power.

phil_in_cs
06-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Obviously he was not professional enough to carry a Glock .40

TR675
06-21-2012, 01:58 PM
This is my rifle, that was my gun,

I can still fight but can't have fun.

Zhurdan
06-21-2012, 02:55 PM
New nickname... Shortround.

JHC
06-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Damn. If only he'd been carrying C3. ;)

gtmtnbiker98
06-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Damn. If only he'd been carrying C3. ;)Oh no you didn't!?

LHS
06-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Obviously he was not professional enough to carry a Glock .40

Brilliant.

David Armstrong
06-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Damn. If only he'd been carrying C3. ;)
Condition Three does have its place for carry, however. If I am carrying a gun like a Glock, which does not have a manual safety per se, and do not have access to a holster which covers the trigger guard (as is strongly recommended by the Glock factory), and have to shove the gun into my waistband, I'll make sure the chamber is empty.
Mas Ayoob, Guns Magazine, Feb. 2001

NEPAKevin
06-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Although he had a permit to carry the gun, he may face charges of reckless discharge of a firearm, Clemence said. The city's prosecutor is expected to review the case, he added.

I wonder how the prosecution will get the evidence to stand up in court.

bdcheung
06-22-2012, 03:21 PM

It'll be a hard case to make, but I'm sure there will be numerous penetrating questions.

Zhurdan
06-22-2012, 03:23 PM

WIN!

As long as it doesn't take longer than 4 hours, he should be fine.

JHC
06-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Condition Three does have its place for carry, however. If I am carrying a gun like a Glock, which does not have a manual safety per se, and do not have access to a holster which covers the trigger guard (as is strongly recommended by the Glock factory), and have to shove the gun into my waistband, I'll make sure the chamber is empty.

You know Plaxico wishes he'd done the same.

LHS
06-23-2012, 12:06 AM
It'll be a hard case to make, but I'm sure there will be numerous penetrating questions.

He may need a public defender if his assets come up short, though.

Ed L
06-23-2012, 03:21 AM

Mas Ayoob also wrote:
FWIW, I've always taught (and practiced) carrying the auto pistol with a round chambered, including the cocked and locked single action. In many defensive uses of the pistol, the good guy or gal can only get one hand on the gun.

I carry with one in the pipe, so does every law enforcement agency I know of in this country, and for several good reasons already stated by others on this thread, it is what I continue to recommend.

from: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215241&highlight=chambered

On another note, I believe the FN 5.7 handgun was designed specifically to be carried stuffed in your pants with a round in the chamber with the safety off. If you do encounter any accidental discharges, a quick trip to a body piercer should provide you with plenty of options to fill in the new hole. Why do you think the 5.7 round is so popular with Goth and Heavy Metal Bands.

David Armstrong
06-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Mas Ayoob also wrote:
FWIW, I've always taught (and practiced) carrying the auto pistol with a round chambered, including the cocked and locked single action. In many defensive uses of the pistol, the good guy or gal can only get one hand on the gun.

I carry with one in the pipe, so does every law enforcement agency I know of in this country, and for several good reasons already stated by others on this thread, it is what I continue to recommend.

from: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215241&highlight=chambered

On another note, I believe the FN 5.7 handgun was designed specifically to be carried stuffed in your pants with a round in the chamber with the safety off. If you do encounter any accidental discharges, a quick trip to a body piercer should provide you with plenty of options to fill in the new hole. Why do you think the 5.7 round is so popular with Goth and Heavy Metal Bands.
Right. There are times when C1 is the better choice, there are times when C3 is the better choice. Sometimes the trick is figuring out which. As JHC pointed out, Plaxico made the wrong choice.:D

CCT125US
06-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Now, now, no need to get testy.

NEPAKevin
06-25-2012, 09:14 AM
He may need a public defender if his assets come up short, though.

Preferably one with a firm grasp of the penile system.

fuse
06-25-2012, 11:00 AM
HE HAS AN INJURED PENIS BECAUSE HE SHOT HIMSELF THERE IN HIS PENIS.

sorry, I am bad at puns.

Failure2Stop
06-26-2012, 03:22 PM
HE HAS AN INJURED PENIS BECAUSE HE SHOT HIMSELF THERE IN HIS PENIS.

sorry, I am bad at puns.

You just won the internet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BaiHu
06-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Some people should be carrying their penis in C4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDss8V2OME4

TGS
06-26-2012, 08:29 PM

I'm so glad I was born in 1984, and not 1974. Thus, I wasn't really exposed to the horrible fashion and weird frickin' music of your age.

My god.

Zhurdan
06-26-2012, 11:33 PM

"Internet radio killed the video star, Internet radio killed the video star."

I'm not young by any means, but I've only ever heard that song on internet radio. I had no idea they made a video! AWESOMESAUCE!

LOKNLOD
06-27-2012, 07:47 AM

How will wrapping it in plastic explosive help?

Otherwise entitled: "Banging Chicks - You're Doing It Wrong"

BaiHu
06-27-2012, 09:45 AM

I yield to you, Professor Moriarty-you have won, this time, at the intertubz.

*BOW*

Catch. You. Later ;)

NEPAKevin
06-27-2012, 12:30 PM

Banging Chicks and detachable penises? I think of his guy...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518td2rBO1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

While I understand the sentiments regarding responsible gun handling and so forth, at the end of the day, when a guy dings his dingle, isn't a little compassion in order?

BaiHu
06-27-2012, 12:53 PM
While I understand the sentiments regarding responsible gun handling and so forth, at the end of the day, when a guy dings his dingle, isn't a little compassion in order?

Dude, this is the internet-we're perfect! We get to laugh at 'the others'. :cool:

LOKNLOD
06-27-2012, 01:21 PM
I think maybe the guy is just dyslexic, and somebody told him to cock his Glock...

BaiHu
06-27-2012, 02:06 PM
I think maybe the guy is just dyslexic, and somebody told him to cock his Glock...

Any chance you are Al Gore? Because you are owning the internet today! And now I'm appropriating your free information and making it my sig line.

NEPAKevin
06-28-2012, 09:52 AM
If you are going to have a detachable penis, it might as well be modular too. SIG could make one and call it the Pee 250. Then you could have a penis in various sizes, colors, and calibers. Maybe even special editions like a rainbow-titanium.

LHS
06-28-2012, 10:18 AM
If you are going to have a detachable penis, it might as well be modular too. SIG could make one and call it the Pee 250. Then you could have a penis in various sizes, colors, and calibers. Maybe even special editions like a rainbow-titanium.

Viking penis FTW.

TGS
06-28-2012, 10:23 AM
This is just getting weird.

You guys have a fascination with penises rivaled only by Marine grunts at the rank of LCpl and below.

LOKNLOD
06-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Any chance you are Al Gore? Because you are owning the internet today! And now I'm appropriating your free information and making it my sig line.

BaiHu,
That has got to be the first - and hopefully last* - time I will ever be compared to Al Gore...

*unless said comparison is based on the fact that both of us are extremely rich and wield large political power.

tremiles
06-28-2012, 06:46 PM

I don't think mexican carry was what King Missle had in mind when they recorded "Detachable Penis".

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2