PDA

View Full Version : Surefire Shot Timer App for iPhone

F-Trooper05
03-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Does anyone have this? I had it on my iPhone 3 and it worked great. I just got the iPhone 4 and now it doesn't work for shit. I downloaded it on my girlfriend's phone also and it doesn't work there either. I hit the start button on both of them and the buzzer goes off, but it doesn't record anything. The sensitivity is turned all the way up, but still nothing. Any thoughts?

Frank B
03-18-2011, 02:32 AM
As far as I know, it's only working with OS 3.XX.

Frank D.
03-18-2011, 02:35 AM
Was posted in the iPhone apps thread. There are more extensive threads and maybe fixes (?) at the enos forums, but AFAIK its a known issue that hasn't yet been addressed.

F-Trooper05
03-18-2011, 03:19 AM
Guess I missed the apps thread. Sorry for re-posting. While I'm on the topic though, I noticed that if you blow into the bottom of the phone the app records it as if a shot was being fired. Kind of weird.

Frank D.
03-18-2011, 04:52 AM
IIRC it has something to do with the new background-noise canceling mics in the iPhone 4 - I would guess that it would also cancel out excessively loud noises.

Actually, heres a thought - why don't you try it on lower sensitivities. No idea if that will work though.

VolGrad
03-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Actually, heres a thought - why don't you try it on lower sensitivities. No idea if that will work though.I tried that too on my iPhone4 and it didn't help.

About the only thing it's good for as is is a par timer. O well, it's worth every penny I paid for it. :cool:

3-7-77
03-22-2011, 06:26 PM
I tried it for a while on my 3GS. It worked well for dry-fire but was crap with live fire.

John Ralston
03-23-2011, 10:21 AM
The one on my Droid doesn't work for shit - just doesn't pick up consistently (dry fire), and often it will pick up the start beep as a shot and you can't have it vibrate or you will get a false trip as well.

orionz06
03-23-2011, 11:49 AM
There is an alternative shot timer app that may work better. It is made by Taurus....

But I have found that depending on the case and what I set the thing on they may work better or worse. I have not tried it, but someone told me that if you use an inline microphone it works better.

VADavid
03-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Unfortunately the one by Taurus (now called Free Shot Timer) doesn't work in iPhone 4 either. As noted, it's a hardware limitation.

VolGrad
03-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Unfortunately the one by Taurus (now called Free Shot Timer) doesn't work in iPhone 4 either. As noted, it's a hardware limitation.

This was my result too.

orionz06
05-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Surefire updated the app for iPhone and it is supposed to be more effective with airsoft (read dry fire) and guddago for the iPhone 4.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g109/lecokev/ThreadNecro.gif

F-Trooper05
05-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Surefire updated the app for iPhone and it is supposed to be more effective with airsoft (read dry fire) and guddago for the iPhone 4.[/IMG]

I just downloaded it again and it's still not working for me?

orionz06
05-27-2011, 12:12 PM
There are a few settings to tweak. Mine was picking up dry fire in a small room last night.

JeffJ
05-27-2011, 02:58 PM
I've got an Iphone 3g and the surefire app works really well. I haven't noticed any real problems except for the jerk 3 stalls down shooting his 30.06 at the indoor range, but I don't think that has anything to do with the app.

After everything I've heard about the problems with the iphone 4, which I plan on getting shortly - I'm planning on keeping the 3g as a dedicated shot timer - it seems to work really well, at least for my training schedule - I think it would be funny to see someone running a class or a match with one, but with the complaints that Todd (and others) have recently thrown out at every shot timer on the market I don't see a reason to spend the money.

Prdator
05-27-2011, 03:26 PM
I just updated my Surefire app and its working better now than ever!!!!
You do have to "calibrate" it but that's a snap to do!!