PDA

View Full Version : HTML Content Claim in Thread not Posting

farscott
10-14-2020, 07:16 AM
I am getting messages that due to HTML content in a post, it is not allowed. The issue is the post is all text with the Quote function being used. Any ideas on what I did?

OlongJohnson
10-14-2020, 08:52 AM
This may be related.

The content of the page that comes up when I hit "New Posts" is almost all text. Not every time, but several times last night and this morning.

RoyGBiv
10-14-2020, 09:08 AM
I've had this happen twice today. I remembered to capture it the second time.

I think it's happening when I select text and add a link to it....

Hmm.... And.... I am not able to upload an image and add it to my post....
I uploaded this image to the web and had to link to it.

FF browser on Win10 with all updates.

https://i.postimg.cc/HW7T5jk5/Denied2.jpg

LittleLebowski
10-14-2020, 09:11 AM

Where are you at physically? That looks like a corporate firewall.

HCM
10-14-2020, 09:58 AM
I just tried uploading an image and it is not going through.

RoyGBiv
10-14-2020, 09:59 AM
Where are you at physically? That looks like a corporate firewall.

Home office. No VPN.
Frontier FiOS. No firewall other than the same modem I've been using for years. Firmware is dated March 2019, so, nothing new there.

First time it happened today was on my tablet. Second time was on this PC.

Trying to reproduce it.... I can paste a link. If I type some text, I can select it and add a link to it. No problem.
If I copy/paste a headline from a news article, then add a link to it.... that's when I get the error.
In trying to figure out whether it's the headline that comes over with embedded HTML in addition to fonts, etc.... or the combination of the headline and link added, I think I managed to lock up PF for a few minutes. I was able to paste the headline and successfully get a preview, and when I added the link to the headline the site went TU. Hopefully that's helpful?

LittleLebowski
10-14-2020, 10:02 AM
Home office. No VPN.
Frontier FiOS. No firewall other than the same modem I've been using for years. Firmware is dated March 2019, so, nothing new there.

First time it happened today was on my tablet. Second time was on this PC.

Trying to reproduce it.... I can paste a link. If I type some text, I can select it and add a link to it. No problem.
If I copy/paste a headline from a news article, then add a link to it.... that's when I get the error.
In trying to figure out whether it's the headline that comes over with embedded HTML in addition to fonts, etc.... or the combination of the headline and link added, I think I managed to lock up PF for a few minutes. I was able to paste the headline and successfully get a preview, and when I added the link to the headline the site went TU. Hopefully that's helpful?

Extremely helpful, thank you. I am taking action.

Doc_Glock
10-14-2020, 10:45 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/HW7T5jk5/Denied2.jpg

I have had this happen several times. Once when trying to post a video link, once when trying to quote and reply. Different computers and servers.

RoyGBiv
10-15-2020, 05:57 AM
Test,,,,, ETA: Fixed! Thanks.

L.A. Lakers Hold Victory Parade In Beijing (https://babylonbee.com/news/la-lakers-to-hold-victory-parade-in-hometown-of-beijing)

farscott
10-15-2020, 06:23 AM
My issue also seems to be resolved.