PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking my HK45c

SGT_Calle
06-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Well, I went ahead and dropped some dough over at hkparts.net this week. Ordered a LEM trigger set and some Heine sights.
I installed the LEM this afternoon. Holy cow. Looks like I will be relearning this pistol, lol. So far, using some snap caps, I really like it. I can't say that I am any sort of super shooter anyway so I'll still be pretty much starting from zero-ish. I've got less than 1000 rnds through the HK so far and it is my only pistol right now.
I'm waiting to hear back from one person on pushing the sights, someone my LGS suggested.
I'll be making a trip to the range Thursday to make sure everything works right (for sure) before heading up to SC for the weekend and carrying.

Any words of wisdom?

GJM
06-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Any words of wisdom?

Shoot a lot of rounds thru a .22 DA revolver.

SGT_Calle
06-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Shoot a lot of rounds thru a .22 DA revolver.

I'll try to talk my stepdad out of his Single Six while visiting this weekend! Thanks.

GJM
06-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Don't think that will do what you need, as you want a DA revolver for practicing rolling the trigger through.

gtmtnbiker98
06-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Be careful getting those sights installed, often times they require fitting and IMO best left to Heine to do the installation.

SGT_Calle
06-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Be careful getting those sights installed, often times they require fitting and IMO best left to Heine to do the installation.

Good to know, thank you!

Al T.
06-18-2012, 07:47 PM
If you are close to Columbia, holler. I have a couple of .22LR revolvers you might like. :D

Odin Bravo One
06-18-2012, 09:47 PM
I am actually pretty pleased with the 45c out of the box.

Trigger could be tightened up a bit, and I suppose mine may take a trip out to Bruce Gray. While it's there, sights could stand to go. But like the P30, I found it pretty legit out of the box.

Still, interested to see your results. Keep us posted.

SGT_Calle
06-19-2012, 06:41 AM
I am actually pretty pleased with the 45c out of the box.

Trigger could be tightened up a bit, and I suppose mine may take a trip out to Bruce Gray. While it's there, sights could stand to go. But like the P30, I found it pretty legit out of the box.

Still, interested to see your results. Keep us posted.

I liked the trigger as well but wanted to try something different. If I don't like it after a few hundred rounds I'll just return it to factory. I was a little freaked about doing the job myself but used a great series of videos that a guy from the HK forum posted.
I'd love to have a P30 to go with my 45c.

SGT_Calle
06-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Snuck out of work early and hit the range today.
I ran 50 rounds of reloads (Hornady action pistol with once fired brass) that my stepdad just finished last weekend and 10 rounds of my new carry ammo (Ranger T, 230 grain, standard velocity). Pistol performed perfectly. I like the trigger.
No luck on the sights yet, still checking into local gunsmiths.