PDA

View Full Version : SIG P320 AXG Scorpion - A Factory Metal Frame P320

HCM
10-06-2020, 01:22 PM
Well, It is a modular handgun, I suppose this was coming eventually whether SIG did it or not.

P320 AXG SCORPION
Combining the weight and balance of a metal framed pistol with the performance and reliability of the P320.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-axg-scorpion.html?utm_campaign=LEGION_P320_AXG_Scorpio n&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua&fbclid=IwAR3HED_Z0geaRVw9VnGbN7oJz9RSHAP0KG-noVYPVs2zOXG95Nqui74QwiE

Texaspoff
10-06-2020, 01:34 PM
Well, It is a modular handgun, I suppose this was coming eventually whether SIG did it or not.

P320 AXG SCORPION
Combining the weight and balance of a metal framed pistol with the performance and reliability of the P320.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-axg-scorpion.html?utm_campaign=LEGION_P320_AXG_Scorpio n&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua&fbclid=IwAR3HED_Z0geaRVw9VnGbN7oJz9RSHAP0KG-noVYPVs2zOXG95Nqui74QwiE

Sig going after the purists it looks like, trying to win over the legacy series hold outs. IMO it looks like a more modern 229, which may or may not be a bad thing, depending on the QC.

Interested in seeing what the price point is going to be. Sig will at least add $100 for the G-10 grip panels alone.... :)

All things considered, I actually like this more than the standard 320 in any of it's configurations. Wonder why the design change on the mag release? They have had that triangle release for quite a while starting with the 2022, wonder is the design doesn't play well with metal?

At least everything else looks cross compatible.

TXPO

HCM
10-06-2020, 02:16 PM
Sig going after the purists it looks like, trying to win over the legacy series hold outs. IMO it looks like a more modern 229, which may or may not be a bad thing, depending on the QC.

Interested in seeing what the price point is going to be. Sig will at least add $100 for the G-10 grip panels alone.... :)

All things considered, I actually like this more than the standard 320 in any of it's configurations. Wonder why the design change on the mag release? They have had that triangle release for quite a while starting with the 2022, wonder is the design doesn't play well with metal?

At least everything else looks cross compatible.

TXPO

Don't corners potentially induce stress cracks in metal ? The metal around the mag release on the 226/226 is thin and I know you can damage the frame there if not careful when reversing mag catches. the round mag catch is probably a god move.

PA AXG = Alloy Xseries Grip

JonInWA
10-06-2020, 02:22 PM
I agree, looks much like a striker-fired P229. Kind of a reverse of the P350 to P320 route....

My thought is that it's probably a more viable route for .40/.357 SIG chamberings with the additional weight provided, but I doubt that's SIG's intent or market target.

I'm sure the concept is eminently viable. The devil in the details will be SIG's attention to detail and product integtrity in the manufacturing and assembly process-patrticularly quality control, and in thoroughly testing before released into the market stream.

If the 9mm ammunition shortfally continues for a protracted period, I might seriously consider this in .40, but if I go that route, it would be competing against the new Glock Gen3 G22 and SIG's own DA/SA P2022 for my discretionary income dollars.

Best, Jon

John Hearne
10-06-2020, 04:10 PM
I'd be curious to see how the weight compares to an X frame with the grip weight. I'm also assuming that those are legit grip panels that could be swapped to adjust for size. Hmmmm….

Also, the new magazines look good. I never understood why they put the witness holes on the side a right handed shooter wouldn't see them.

Zincwarrior
10-06-2020, 04:14 PM
I'd be curious to see how the weight compares to an X frame with the grip weight. I'm also assuming that those are legit grip panels that could be swapped to adjust for size. Hmmmm….

Also, the new magazines look good. I never understood why they put the witness holes on the side a right handed shooter wouldn't see them.

It says 31 ounces I believe.

JSGlock34
10-06-2020, 05:32 PM
They had introduced an aluminum frame for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier guards two years ago, so they've played around with aluminum frames before. Interesting that they changed the magazine release.

https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Tomb_Hero-700x429.jpg

SwampDweller
10-06-2020, 05:48 PM
This is something that would really interest me. I've just been burned by Sig's (lack of) QC so many times that I don't think I could drop the dough in good faith. Even with my 226 Stainless Nitron that started out promising, after a couple of thousand rounds it started developing serious reliability issues and had to be sent back. After I got it back I had no interest in owning it and swore off Sigs of all kinds.

RevolverRob
10-06-2020, 06:00 PM
P320 AXG SCORPION

So, it goes off when you drop it, it bends ejectors if you insert a mag too firmly, and it has running changes that creates compatibility issues between different, supposedly interchangeable parts (the anti-thesis' of modularity)?

:D

___

A metal P320 with a thumb safety would have my attention. But I'll wait about 5-6 years for the drop safety, bent ejectors, and generation 4 guns to come out.

HCM
10-06-2020, 06:04 PM
So, it goes off when you drop it, it bends ejectors if you insert a mag too firmly, and it has running changes that creates compatibility issues between different, supposedly interchangeable parts (the anti-thesis' of modularity)?

:D

___

A metal P320 with a thumb safety would have my attention. But I'll wait about 5-6 years for the drop safety, bent ejectors, and generation 4 guns to come out.

The drop safety and ejector issues have nothing to do with modularity other than it is Alanis Morissette level ironic that the modular handgun does not have a modular ejector.

What are the modularity issues other than mag base plates?

They have pretty clearly figured out how to make the 320 drop safe, at least when they want to Or when someone makes them.

Bigghoss
10-06-2020, 06:24 PM
A metal P320 with a thumb safety would have my attention

This. If Sig makes that gun with a thumb safety I'd get one.

APS-PF
10-06-2020, 07:29 PM

Me Three. Also, please make the new stand alone FCUs available with a manual safety already installed. I think they were supposed to be released this month?

VT1032
10-06-2020, 07:44 PM

Think of it like the Windows 10 of pistols. Why come up with a new generation gun when you can just push out a patch next week that will fix a problem and introduce two more?

jeep45238
10-06-2020, 07:57 PM

If it shares the control locations of their current manual thumb safety P320's, I'll hard pass on that one.

WOLFIE
10-06-2020, 08:15 PM
The magazine floor plate should stop over insertion and therefore prevent damaging the ejector. Perhaps I missed something about the design and the ejectors can be damaged?

jeep45238
10-06-2020, 08:25 PM
The magazine floor plate should stop over insertion and therefore prevent damaging the ejector. Perhaps I missed something about the design and the ejectors can be damaged?

Ejector is internal to the stamped frame of the serialized fire control unit - use a mag that doesn't have a floor plate to prevent over insertion, slam it home, and you bend the ejector.

tlong17
10-06-2020, 08:36 PM
Seems like the easy solution is to use a mag that has a proper floor plate

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HCM
10-06-2020, 09:01 PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Define "proper" as there are factory mags which are supposed to be "proper" but don't actually stop the mag where they should. Specifically the factory 21 rounders and the Legion 17 rounders.

Bigghoss
10-06-2020, 09:10 PM
If it shares the control locations of their current manual thumb safety P320's, I'll hard pass on that one.

If I didn't carry an M17 at work I wouldn't touch any of the P320 pistols. I hate how small and low the manual safety is. But it's what they issue me so I want to keep everything the same.

MGW
10-06-2020, 09:25 PM
If they would just make it with a hammer and decocker.

I’m going to guess they found a way to scavenge existing tooling to make parts for this. If there is one thing Sig is good at it’s squeezing every dime possible out of stuff they all ready have.

Wonder if they have a buyer for this already? I also wonder if this will be a limited run.

RevolverRob
10-06-2020, 09:40 PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Or you know...build a gun with an ejector that isn't made out of weak sauce MIM and/or is replaceable. Like virtually every pistol designed over the previous 120 years.

As mentioned there are factory magazines, meant for a specific grip, that can be over-inserted.

HCM - My understanding is there are some rolling changes to small parts that cannot be swapped into any FCU. Something to do with pre/post drop recall changes (I'm no expert in this regard). More glaring an issue, to me, is that the thumb safety cannot be added to any non-safety FCU, but any thumb safety FCU can be converted to non-thumb safety. That sort of defeats the purpose of that particular argument for modularity across the whole 320 line.

HCM
10-06-2020, 09:53 PM
Or you know...build a gun with an ejector that isn't made out of weak sauce MIM and/or is replaceable. Like virtually every pistol designed over the previous 120 years.

As mentioned there are factory magazines, meant for a specific grip, that can be over-inserted.

HCM - My understanding is there are some rolling changes to small parts that cannot be swapped into any FCU. Something to do with pre/post drop recall changes (I'm no expert in this regard). More glaring an issue, to me, is that the thumb safety cannot be added to any non-safety FCU, but any thumb safety FCU can be converted to non-thumb safety. That sort of defeats the purpose of that particular argument for modularity across the whole 320 line.

That's an issue. Thumb safeties can be added to non TS FCUs but you have to cut the TS notch. There are some vendors which perform this service though it would likely void your warranty.

S&W used to do the same but eventually just went with TS capable as the basis for everything.

Texaspoff
10-07-2020, 06:36 AM
Don't corners potentially induce stress cracks in metal ? The metal around the mag release on the 226/226 is thin and I know you can damage the frame there if not careful when reversing mag catches. the round mag catch is probably a god move.

PA AXG = Alloy Xseries Grip

Very good point, that would be a good reason for sure.

TXPO

Texaspoff
10-07-2020, 06:58 AM
While I do like the AXG and the 320 as a whole, generally speaking the 320 is still a beta release. I have been to their armory schools, and subject to the 320 propaganda since it was released. Despite what Sig or anyone says, the R&D put into the 320 was subpart at best.

The 320 is a good idea, and as someone said, the devil is in the details. The whole modular things has been overplayed, and frankly I don't even think Sig knows what it means now. The ejector cannot be replaced without a new FCU, the non safety models can't be converted without aftermarket modification, the original drop issue, as well as numerous changes that were done to the Mil guns and the continued rolling changes. I mean there are several aspects of the 320 that should have been found and resolved before the initial release, and would have be discovered if a decent level of R&D was given to the 320.

Sig simply took a P250 and threw in a striker fired system and marketed it. The 250 didn't have a ton of history behind it either, certainly not enough to warrant a release without much testing. Doing this was a cost effective way to get into the striker pistol market and the new heads at Sig knew it and took the gamble. In some ways it paid off, in others not so much.

Knowing what I know from the industry and Sig's current leadership, I have no doubt, this has driven the 320 program from the start. Profit, profit, and more profit, we will worry about product flaws and revisions as we go. It will be cheaper to fix problems than to delay a release. These issues with Sig products have not been exclusive to the 320 either, see P365.

With all that, I have said this before and still stand behind my statement. The 320 will mature into an excellent platform, modularity aside. Eventually, when all of the design, and specifications issues are worked out, meaning a final version that is more reliable and less prone to damage and failure finally makes it into circulation, the 320 Sig should have made in the first place will be here.

I'm not condemning Sig or the 320, I own several. I will however not purchase any more until the platform has proven itself and it looks like it may take a while.

TXPO

claymore504
10-07-2020, 09:33 AM
Looks interesting for sure. I personally will not go back to the P320. I really liked it years ago, but I went DA/SA and got away from the P320 and striker guns in general. With the weird "random going off in holsters" issues being talked about on this forum and the constant changes with the platform by Sig, I just would not feel good about going back to the P320. We had national night out last night here in my neighborhood and some police officers showed up. One was carrying a full size P320 9mm and said he loved it and had had it since the P320 came out. He said he switched from a Glock Gen3 17 years ago to the P320 and his qual scores improved right off the bat. So, for the people using the P320 and enjoying it, I am happy for you and carry on.

LockedBreech
10-07-2020, 10:11 AM
I really, really like the look of the AXG. It has beautiful aesthetics and marrying the classic P-series feel with a more modern upper is smart. I just wish I had any faith whatsoever in Sig's ability to pull it off with quality and consistency.

HeavyDuty
10-07-2020, 11:16 AM
So, how long before the cease and desist letter from CZ shows up at SIG?

Zincwarrior
10-07-2020, 11:42 AM
Technically this is the second metal frame P320 this year. However, I don't know if the first went anywhere as things went all Covidy after the announcement.
https://thegundealer.net/product/sig-sauer-p320-x-five-alpha-9mm-pre-order-2162-99/

HCM
10-07-2020, 11:55 AM
While I do like the AXG and the 320 as a whole, generally speaking the 320 is still a beta release. I have been to their armory schools, and subject to the 320 propaganda since it was released. Despite what Sig or anyone says, the R&D put into the 320 was subpart at best.

The 320 is a good idea, and as someone said, the devil is in the details. The whole modular things has been overplayed, and frankly I don't even think Sig knows what it means now. The ejector cannot be replaced without a new FCU, the non safety models can't be converted without aftermarket modification, the original drop issue, as well as numerous changes that were done to the Mil guns and the continued rolling changes. I mean there are several aspects of the 320 that should have been found and resolved before the initial release, and would have be discovered if a decent level of R&D was given to the 320.

Sig simply took a P250 and threw in a striker fired system and marketed it. The 250 didn't have a ton of history behind it either, certainly not enough to warrant a release without much testing. Doing this was a cost effective way to get into the striker pistol market and the new heads at Sig knew it and took the gamble. In some ways it paid off, in others not so much.

Knowing what I know from the industry and Sig's current leadership, I have no doubt, this has driven the 320 program from the start. Profit, profit, and more profit, we will worry about product flaws and revisions as we go. It will be cheaper to fix problems than to delay a release. These issues with Sig products have not been exclusive to the 320 either, see P365.

With all that, I have said this before and still stand behind my statement. The 320 will mature into an excellent platform, modularity aside. Eventually, when all of the design, and specifications issues are worked out, meaning a final version that is more reliable and less prone to damage and failure finally makes it into circulation, the 320 Sig should have made in the first place will be here.

I'm not condemning Sig or the 320, I own several. I will however not purchase any more until the platform has proven itself and it looks like it may take a while.

TXPO

I wonder how much of that sub-par R&D was the result of rushing to have a striker fired gun available for the MHS/DOD, FBI/DOJ and various DHS 9mm pistol solicitations. By 2012/2013 it wasn't a secret these entities would be seeking significant numbers of 9mm pistols.

RevolverRob
10-07-2020, 12:04 PM

TXPO

The approach Sig took with this is the 'American automaker' approach. We'll test it, but then we know there will be rolling changes, recalls, etc. As long as make more money selling them than we do repairing them, then we have it under control.

___

I concur that 'modularity' is overplayed these days. We've already seen most folks aren't actively changing their FCU and configurations around (some are, but most aren't) so it doesn't really matter. Folks are going to end up with multiple pistol sizes pretty much regardless (folks aren't swapping FCUs between frames, as part of a 'carry rotation'). And the general level of 'modularity' only needs to apply to the ability to swap parts with minimal fitting from the end-user/armorer.

HCM
10-07-2020, 01:28 PM
The approach Sig took with this is the 'American automaker' approach. We'll test it, but then we know there will be rolling changes, recalls, etc. As long as make more money selling them than we do repairing them, then we have it under control.

___

I concur that 'modularity' is overplayed these days. We've already seen most folks aren't actively changing their FCU and configurations around (some are, but most aren't) so it doesn't really matter. Folks are going to end up with multiple pistol sizes pretty much regardless (folks aren't swapping FCUs between frames, as part of a 'carry rotation'). And the general level of 'modularity' only needs to apply to the ability to swap parts with minimal fitting from the end-user/armorer.

Just because people are not swapping configurations daily or weekly doesn’t mean modularity is not valuable, especially for institutional users. If one of my officers buys a personal P320 and decides they want a bigger or smaller gun it’s a matter of buying the appropriate OEM parts, having an instructor or armorer swap it out, and shooting a qualification with the new configuration. As opposed to having to D authorize the old gun then do an armor inspection, qualification And the administrative process of getting a new gun approved in the system.

Having small medium and large sizes of various configurations is also useful given our last three issued duty guns have been one size fits all.

John Hearne
10-07-2020, 04:33 PM
^^^
This so much. I'm not swapping components on a daily basis but I did "setup" two different P320s' for two very different users. The agency buys the P320 Carry in 9mm. (Any 320 in 9, 40, or 45 may be carried if the officer buys it themselves.)

One user was a female admin type. I ended up getting her a X compact grip module which made the pistol physically smaller and fit her hand better. She shot it better and it was easier for her to carry on a daily basis. For another user - a full duty belt wearing, gifted shooter, I bought an X grip module, weight and full length slide. I then added Trijicon HD-XR's. The P320 with X grip and weight shoots like a completely different gun.

Once the configuration is set, it doesn't change much but an institutional customer, to have one serialized part that you can setup as needed, it is a gift.

Get it dialed in and then leave it alone is the true use of the modular pistol.

(The problem is that nobody cares or knows any better. Safariland makes a whole bunch of parts to make their holsters fit the female structure better. If installed correctly, these parts can make a huge difference. The number of female officers I've seen with a properly setup holster can be counted on one hand with several fingers left.)

JonInWA
10-07-2020, 04:58 PM
I appreciated being able to swap from the OEM Compact grip module to the X-Carry one on my personal P320 RX-the angles and ergos are better for me, and it was ideal to be able to effectively test the Check-Mate contract 17 round fullo-size magazines with the Henning Group basepads (frankly, given what we've seen of magazine over-insertion issues with the ejector part of the FCU chassis, in my case switching to the larger module was darn near essential...).

I'd be willing to experiment with the aluminum frame-in black.

Berst, Jon

Bigghoss
10-07-2020, 07:23 PM
Technically this is the second metal frame P320 this year. However, I don't know if the first went anywhere as things went all Covidy after the announcement.
https://thegundealer.net/product/sig-sauer-p320-x-five-alpha-9mm-pre-order-2162-99/

It looks like a Shadow and an Arex had some kids and those kids started inbreeding.

AMC
10-07-2020, 11:12 PM
It looks like a Shadow and an Arex had some kids and those kids started inbreeding.
That is unkind. And also kinda true.

Bigghoss
10-08-2020, 10:50 AM
More info about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9XDS1quSkI

UNK
10-08-2020, 03:46 PM

___

I see value in it. I need a large module with a flat trigger. I can take the same gun and easily throw another module on it at the range for someone else. Or I can take a class with the full size length module then swith it over to a compact length for carry. What pisses me off is they are making L X grip modules to fulfill govt contracts but they dont sell them to the public.

tcba_joe
10-09-2020, 12:27 PM
Just because people are not swapping configurations daily or weekly doesn’t mean modularity is not valuable, especially for institutional users. If one of my officers buys a personal P320 and decides they want a bigger or smaller gun it’s a matter of buying the appropriate OEM parts, having an instructor or armorer swap it out, and shooting a qualification with the new configuration. As opposed to having to D authorize the old gun then do an armor inspection, qualification And the administrative process of getting a new gun approved in the system.

Having small medium and large sizes of various configurations is also useful given our last three issued duty guns have been one size fits all.

Not to mention the DoD organizations that are securing unit upgrades for the M17 and M18. Safety removals, x grips, magwell, flat triggers for SOCOM units as well as X-Compact grips.

https://soldiersystems.net/2020/09/22/sig-sauer-m18-m18-x-conversion-kit/
The kit described is their X-Compact conversion. The pictured unit is the M18X they're providing to SOCOM. X-Full configurations are being carried by an SMU.

You don't have to utilize, or personally need, all the advantages of the P320 modularity. But the MHS is barely being issued and units are already taking advantage of its versatility.

As for whoever said "stupid MIM ejector"... Being as it's part of a stamped sheet metal FCU your blind bias is showing. While a definite argument could be made in favor of a seperate ejector, the fact is its not MIM unless someone is MIMing sheet metal then stamping and bending it.

GlockenSpiel
10-09-2020, 12:40 PM
So it doesn't have the recoil-dampening flex of polymer, or the recoil-absorbing weight of steel. Also less adjustable in terms of overall grip size or trigger reach than the polymer, but I guess you can get g10 or other grips if you want that. You can coat it to match the slide or polish and anodize it if you want.

It seems more like a cosmetic/style thing to me. If they'd made it out of steel that would make sense for competition or a heavy weight duty gun, but this does not get those benefits.

shane45
10-09-2020, 01:28 PM
I dont know about that. Im not that worried about the dampening effects of recoil in a 9mm. But I can say that I MUCH prefer a metal frame over a polymer one. Ive got an assortment of polymer and I live with it. But I feel like my grip on metal and G10 for example is much better to me. Not sure I can really articulate why.

taadski
10-09-2020, 02:14 PM
What pisses me off is they are making L X grip modules to fulfill govt contracts but they dont sell them to the public.

Large X series grips are available at a number of online retail sources, fwiw.

MattyD380
10-09-2020, 03:52 PM
This is something I'd potentially be interested in. If...

-They released a shorter-grip version... preferably a single stack.

-They offered a safety (or they made it DA/SA and offered a decocker)

Until then... I will continue to amass P239s and ignore the P320 line.

ScotchMan
10-09-2020, 04:51 PM
I hope this is wildly successful so Glock and S&W start to make Gucci versions of their guns with metal frames and flat triggers. An all-steel G34 with a bougey trigger from the factory is something I could get excited about. Walther is doing it with the PPQ so there is precedent. No interest in owning another Sig yet though.

UNK
10-09-2020, 05:10 PM

Like where?

taadski
10-09-2020, 06:06 PM
Like where?

My agency just got an order of them from Sig directly. So that’s one option, although I’m not currently seeing them on their site. Ya might call em. But TGS has them in stock right now and there were a couple other vendors that had them available when I was googling around the other day.

Top gun supply:
https://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p250-320-x-series-grip-9-40-357-full-size-large-black.html

UNK
10-09-2020, 06:12 PM
My agency just got an order of them from Sig directly. So that’s one option, although I’m not currently seeing them on their site. Ya might call em. But TGS has them in stock right now and there were a couple other vendors that had them available when I was googling around the other day.

Top gun supply:
https://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p250-320-x-series-grip-9-40-357-full-size-large-black.html

At your agency were they part of the contract? I know they were with certain agencies and it took forever for Sig to ship them. Sig had them on their website as pre order but took that option down. Thats the first time Ive seen them anywhere. Thanks!

HCM
10-09-2020, 07:25 PM

TGS only has the full size - no L carry.

I finally got one via work a few months ago but have not seen any actually in stock or available for sale anywhere. Only med and small.

Chuck Whitlock
10-11-2020, 06:23 PM
I agree, looks much like a striker-fired P229. Kind of a reverse of the P350 to P320 route...

This is something I'd potentially be interested in. If...

-They released a shorter-grip version... preferably a single stack.

-They offered a safety (or they made it DA/SA and offered a decocker)

Until then....

And here I am excited about the possibility of a compact (15 rd. magazines) grip module to retrofit to my P250C's. I could see running the carry version.

I doubt they will offer SM/MED/LG grips, but I may have to coon-finger one to get a feel for trigger reach.

HCountyGuy
10-17-2020, 07:07 AM
Local gun shop got one in, price is right at $1100. Gotta say it is pretty nice, though the reset is a little long and mushy feeling. I do like the optics cut not being a whole rear sight plate deal like the M17/M18. I don’t want to like it given Sig’s reputation as of late, but damn it’s tempting. Price could be a bit better though, can’t see why this should really rate more money than similar variants of the hammer-fired gun.

Good news is it fits existing P320 Compact holsters.

ETA: It also balances very nicely, as in it doesn’t feel as top-heavy as the regular P320s. Feels even better than the Legion module.

HCountyGuy
10-17-2020, 08:28 PM
Sig sure is proud of it. It comes with a dial-locked case.

Texaspoff
10-19-2020, 08:20 AM

That's how they justify the high cost of the the AXG320. :rolleyes:

TXPO

shane45
10-19-2020, 08:34 AM
Handled one sat. Didnt like it nearly as much as I thought I would. Something is just off in the grip shape, for me anyway

Hieronymous
10-19-2020, 03:57 PM

Not a bad idea IMHO. I'd rather the industry be proactive than reactive. Unlike us (at least I hope) many never give a thought to responsible storage. This makes it easy and at least provides some level of security. It'd be a very nice value added for the sales proposition on a stock pistol. For this model, and at this price, it may not be a big value added, but I like the concept.

MattyD380
10-19-2020, 11:01 PM
I wonder if we’ll see a new category of boutique-y metal-framed guns emerge. Q4 steel was the first. Now this. As someone said, it’d be cool to see high end, metal-framed M&Ps and others. Then maybe it’ll all come full circle and everyone will feel ill-equipped without the superior balance and shootability of a solid metal-framed pistol.

Texaspoff
10-20-2020, 10:36 AM
Handled one sat. Didnt like it nearly as much as I thought I would. Something is just off in the grip shape, for me anyway

Same here, was able to handle and shoot one a few days ago. Shoots like a 320, not much difference that I could tell. The grip feels like an X grip, but with different texturing. Aside from the ability to change the grip panels out, I see no advantage over the standard 320, especially for the cost.

Some folks are just going to have to have one though. If nothing else, Sig has definitely become a marketing machine.

TXPO

Zincwarrior
10-20-2020, 11:04 AM

OK...

ccmdfd
10-20-2020, 01:41 PM
Not a bad idea IMHO. I'd rather the industry be proactive than reactive. Unlike us (at least I hope) many never give a thought to responsible storage. This makes it easy and at least provides some level of security. It'd be a very nice value added for the sales proposition on a stock pistol. For this model, and at this price, it may not be a big value added, but I like the concept.

Beretta 92X Performance comes with a similar case.

Maybe it's the latest and greatest gun fad.

Zincwarrior
10-20-2020, 02:09 PM
Beretta 92X Performance comes with a similar case.

Maybe it's the latest and greatest gun fad.

Its an interesting idea, except I'm the guy who would immediately forget what the combo is. :rolleyes:

ccmdfd
10-20-2020, 02:12 PM
Its an interesting idea, except I'm the guy who would immediately forget what the combo is. :rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/a6iW-8xPw3k

zaitcev
06-03-2021, 12:13 AM
So, do we have anyone put something like 3,000 rounds on their AXG yet? I'm curious how the metal holding up, are there any cracks?

fixer
06-03-2021, 05:44 AM
Don't corners potentially induce stress cracks in metal ?

yes

Chuck Whitlock
08-15-2021, 02:58 PM

P320 AXG SCORPION

I handled one of these in my LGS a few weeks ago.
It felt very nice.

And now look at what is available in the Sig store:

https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-axg-carry-medium-grip-module.html

I must say that I'm mightily tempted to go down this rabbit hole with my P250's.

HeavyDuty
08-15-2021, 04:02 PM
I finally handled one of the AXG Scorpions yesterday. Interesting, but not enough to peel my wallet open.

UNM1136
08-16-2021, 08:09 AM

I carry a small, thin steel shim in my wallet to decode those types of locks, because I am very, very much "that guy".

Oh, and #securitytheater (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=securitytheater) .

pat