PDA

View Full Version : P30 LEM question

Jcs3151
06-17-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm looking for some help. I have recently transitioned over to the P30 LEM with the TLG trigger. My accuracy shooting it is not what I have expected. I have been an instructor for the past 19 years, 14 with da/sa guns, Sigs and the past 5 with Glocks and 1911's . My question is when shooting the lem trigger do you return the trigger to to reset are let it all the way back out after firing a shot, I know I need to put in more time down range just looking for some assistance. Thank you.

TCinVA
06-17-2012, 10:20 AM
You don't need to let the trigger all the way out, but it is a pretty long reset and it may take some dry fire practice to learn to catch it.

YVK
06-17-2012, 01:44 PM
My question is when shooting the lem trigger do you return the trigger to to reset are let it all the way back out after firing a shot, I know I need to put in more time down range just looking for some assistance. Thank you.

This is just a personal opinion, but I think that working trigger in reset is one of harder things about shooting LEM. It is easy to let it go forward too far and then you need to negotiate the entire length of pull. Similarly, letting finger separate from the trigger face will penalize you in the same way, while it is not going to happen with DA/SA, Glock and 1911.

jstyer
06-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Jcs,

Try learning to reset the trigger during the recoil cycle. Reseting the trigger while the slide/gun is reciprocating allows you to be prepping your trigger for the next cycle using time that is normally just wasted.

The other advantage (especially with the LEM imo) is that since you're reseting the trigger in this dead time, it doesn't matter so much if you release "exactly" to reset. If you go past a little, who cares! Even when releasing almost to the full travel of the trigger, if you begin the process immediately after the recoil cycle begins, you'll have more than enough time to work the trigger as the gun does its thing and the sights settle back down.