PDA

View Full Version : Colorado State IDPA Championship

WyoXd
06-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Anyone here shooting it?

Third time for me... can't wait! 400 miles and is still the closest sanctioned match for me.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

theblacknight
06-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Good luck man.

ErnieB
06-16-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm shooting it.

Taking my first vacation in 10 years and heading to Colorado for some camping, hiking, relaxing and shooting the match. Stages were posted yesterday if you haven't seen them yet.

Stuffbreaker
06-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Shot it and ended up with a match bump to Expert. Really stoked considering that this is only my second "real" IDPA match excluding a couple Classifiers where I sucked ballz. Killer facility.

WyoXd
06-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Shot it and ended up with a match bump to Expert. Really stoked considering that this is only my second "real" IDPA match excluding a couple Classifiers where I sucked ballz. Killer facility.

Nice Job!!!!

I had a little trouble with trigger finger discipline when I started pushing it and for some reason on steel targets I have a bad habbit of shooting with more of a target focus than sight focus--resulting in some stupid misses on steel:o But overall I had a great time. This match has gotten better every year. I missed getting a bump to SSP master by 1.22 seconds.:(

Stuffbreaker
06-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Nice Job!!!!

I had a little trouble with trigger finger discipline when I started pushing it and for some reason on steel targets I have a bad habbit of shooting with more of a target focus than sight focus--resulting in some stupid misses on steel:o But overall I had a great time. This match has gotten better every year. I missed getting a bump to SSP master by 1.22 seconds.:(

Good job to you, as well! The SSP Experts in my squad really hauled the mail, and you apparently smoked them. I too struggled with my trigger, coming completely off of it between shots on the speed stages like Pig Wrastlin. My sight focus is getting better under stress, but I did find myself looking at the targets a bit too much. Tactical sequence is a new concept to me, and I jacked that up a couple times as well. Apparently, all the FAST drills are helping because I got lots of kudos for the speed of my reloads.

taadski
06-28-2012, 01:13 PM
The Broses put on another great one in Montrose. They're definitely a class act. I shot on Friday and helped S.O. for a few hours match day. I had a great time. The shooting was definitely neck and neck in SSP Expert with only 3 seconds separating the top 3 (and 10 seconds separating the top 5). And WyoXd, I don't think we met but, if I recall correctly, you and I went back and forth for that spot last year too. ;) Nice shooting everyone!

T

WyoXd
06-28-2012, 04:39 PM
And WyoXd, I don't think we met but, if I recall correctly, you and I went back and forth for that spot last year too. ;)

taadski,

I believe you are correct--guess it was your turn this year--Congrats! And congrats on the bump! I think you were gone by the time I got to the stage you had been SO'ing on.

taadski
06-29-2012, 10:35 PM
taadski,
I think you were gone by the time I got to the stage you had been SO'ing on.

Yeah, I was dealing with a tough work schedule those couple of days and was only there for a couple 3 hours on Saturday. I was on stage 11 (the long one with the steel) while I was there. At any rate, great shooting. I hope to officially meet ya sometime.

T