PDA

View Full Version : DA hammer fire options

Hruk
06-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Im looking to get something for a carry gun for awiw, I want a DA or DA/SA hammer fired, something 9mm or bigger, Im looking for options

ToddG
06-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Rumors are that the HK P30 (http://pistol-training.com/archives/2668) is a nice gun. :cool:

I also like the SIG P229, though as you'll find with quick search there are many of us who are a little wary of current SIG production. Still, if a P229 was the gun that worked best for you, I'd get one and just be prepared for the possibility that you might get unlucky and need to send it to SIG for warranty work before it's 100%.

FotoTomas
06-15-2012, 03:59 AM
I am a big fan of the Beretta brand and the 92D Centurion in particular. The Beretta 92 is a classic that keeps on going and can be easily found at discounts for police tradeins around the country. Lots of "D" models, DAO and "F" models, DA/SA with safety and the occasional "G" model which is DA/SA but with a decocker only, no safety.I currently have a pair of D model Centurions for personal defense at the house.

Since my agency switched from the Beretta D to the SIG 229r DAK I have started carrying the same off duty. I can concur with Todd that it is another great option.

jetfire
06-15-2012, 09:14 AM
If I was told tomorrow that I could only have one gun that I had to carry and shoot in matches AND it had to be hammer fired I'd go out and buy a Sig SP2022 or whatever the hell it's called. Actually I'd buy 2, because for a combined cost of $600 I might as well.

Jac
06-15-2012, 11:26 AM
If I was told tomorrow that I could only have one gun that I had to carry and shoot in matches AND it had to be hammer fired I'd go out and buy a Sig SP2022 or whatever the hell it's called. Actually I'd buy 2, because for a combined cost of $600 I might as well.

More like $700; unless you've got a line on a deal you'd like to share...

Hruk
06-15-2012, 02:30 PM
I like the both the hk's and the sigs, from the looks of them. The 92 was on my list, but I couldnt find one at all.

As for the Hk's how do the variants work?

Oh and something i should have mentioned in the op, I am a left handed shooter, so the more ambi controls the better, but if theres a safety it def needs to be ambi

F-Trooper05
06-15-2012, 03:45 PM
I like the both the hk's and the sigs, from the looks of them. The 92 was on my list, but I couldnt find one at all.

As for the Hk's how do the variants work?

Oh and something i should have mentioned in the op, I am a left handed shooter, so the more ambi controls the better, but if theres a safety it def needs to be ambi

That leaves out SIG.

For a DA/SA P30 you want a V3. For a DA/SA USP and HK45 you want a V1 (except with an ambi safety it's something like a V9 or some weird number you never hear about).

Hruk
06-15-2012, 04:30 PM
is it that the sigs have no ambi safety or that they have no safety at all?

I was under the impression that they just have a decocking lever and no safety at all

LHS
06-15-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm a big fan of the Beretta 92 series, but it's hard to find the right models anymore. Probably the best for overall CCW is the 92G Compact, but they're getting to be fairly rare. The HK P30S with the V3 setup does tickle my fancy, but good luck finding magazines.

98z28
06-15-2012, 08:00 PM
is it that the sigs have no ambi safety or that they have no safety at all?

I was under the impression that they just have a decocking lever and no safety at all

The DA/SA SIGs do not have safeties, but the decock and slide release levers are on the left side of the gun. They cannot be reversed.

Hruk
06-15-2012, 08:50 PM
aw didnt realize that, anyone have any experience with the FNX line of FN'S or are they relatively new and untested?