PDA

View Full Version : GONE! The Cunning Man giveaway

Coyotesfan97
09-21-2020, 08:49 PM
I was going through a stack of books and found a second copy of The Cunning Man by Dave Butler and Aaron Ritchey (https://www.amazon.com/Cunning-Man-D-J-Butler-ebook/dp/B07YX9W767/). It’s a good book and I’ll pass it on. If you like Manly Wade Wellman’s John the Balladeer (https://www.amazon.com/JOHN-BALLADEER-Manly-Wade-Wellman/dp/0671654187/) you’ll like Hyram Woolley.

“It’s the depths of the Depression, and a mining town in Utah is shut down. Something has awakened underground, and now a monster roams the tunnels. While contentious owners squabble, poor worker families go hungry. Along comes Hiram Woolley. Hiram is a man with mystical abilities derived from the commonsense application of Scots-Irish folk wisdom and German braucher magic. He possesses an arcane Bloodstone that allows him to see a lie the moment it is spoken.

Behind the played-out farms and failed businesses are demons, curses, sorcerers, and unatoned wrongs. Bags of groceries and carpentry won’t be enough this time.The job will take a man who has known sorrow. A man who has known war. A man of wisdom. A man of magic.”

I’ll do a random drawing next Monday 9/28. If you’re interested a simple I’m in is good.

Nocturnalis Discipulo
09-21-2020, 09:20 PM
I’m in. That sounds interesting.

backtrail540
09-21-2020, 09:21 PM
I'm in

MichaelD
09-21-2020, 10:16 PM
The book takes place in Utah, and sounds like something Larry Correia would write. I'm in.

Chuck Whitlock
09-22-2020, 09:44 PM
Sounds cool.
I'm in.

09-24-2020, 05:12 PM
Sounds like it'd be interesting.

Please count me in, thank you!

Coyotesfan97
09-29-2020, 03:12 AM
And Chuck is the lucky winner!

Chuck Whitlock
09-29-2020, 10:44 AM
And Chuck is the lucky winner!

A cool thing to wake up to!

Thank you, Sir!

Balisong
11-01-2020, 08:09 PM
I was going through a stack of books and found a second copy of The Cunning Man by Dave Butler and Aaron Ritchey (https://www.amazon.com/Cunning-Man-D-J-Butler-ebook/dp/B07YX9W767/). It’s a good book and I’ll pass it on. If you like Manly Wade Wellman’s John the Balladeer (https://www.amazon.com/JOHN-BALLADEER-Manly-Wade-Wellman/dp/0671654187/) you’ll like Hyram Woolley.

“It’s the depths of the Depression, and a mining town in Utah is shut down. Something has awakened underground, and now a monster roams the tunnels. While contentious owners squabble, poor worker families go hungry. Along comes Hiram Woolley. Hiram is a man with mystical abilities derived from the commonsense application of Scots-Irish folk wisdom and German braucher magic. He possesses an arcane Bloodstone that allows him to see a lie the moment it is spoken.

Behind the played-out farms and failed businesses are demons, curses, sorcerers, and unatoned wrongs. Bags of groceries and carpentry won’t be enough this time.The job will take a man who has known sorrow. A man who has known war. A man of wisdom. A man of magic.”

I’ll do a random drawing next Monday 9/28. If you’re interested a simple I’m in is good.

I just wanted to say that I didn't opt "in" to this giveaway because I no longer read physical books. But your description was very interesting, so I downloaded a Kindle sample and really liked the beginning. Enough that I bought and downloaded the book and recommended the book to my Mom as well. I'm still working on a big book I had already started, but the Cunning Man is the next one I'm reading. Mom has already read it because she goes through about 5 books a month. So anyways, thank you for bringing this book to our attention, as well as the generous giveaway!

Coyotesfan97
11-01-2020, 11:51 PM
I just wanted to say that I didn't opt "in" to this giveaway because I no longer read physical books. But your description was very interesting, so I downloaded a Kindle sample and really liked the beginning. Enough that I bought and downloaded the book and recommended the book to my Mom as well. I'm still working on a big book I had already started, but the Cunning Man is the next one I'm reading. Mom has already read it because she goes through about 5 books a month. So anyways, thank you for bringing this book to our attention, as well as the generous giveaway!

Thank you! I’m glad you and your Mom bought it. I follow Dave on social media pretty closely and I’ve read most of his series. I’m lucky I’ve won a couple of his raffles when he gives swag away.

Balisong
11-02-2020, 12:23 AM
Thank you! I’m glad you and your Mom bought it. I follow Dave on social media pretty closely and I’ve read most of his series. I’m lucky I’ve won a couple of his raffles when he gives swag away.

Thats really cool. I'll have to also check some of his other stuff. Is the Cunning Man a series or a 1 and done?

Coyotesfan97
11-02-2020, 12:48 AM
Thats really cool. I'll have to also check some of his other stuff. Is the Cunning Man a series or a 1 and done?

He’s writing the sequel. I can’t remember when it’ll publish. He’s written Cunning Man short stories for various anthologies.

Look at the Witchy Eye series it’s great. He won a Dragon Award for it this year.

I also like In the Palace of Shadow and Joy which was released recently.

The Rock Band Fights Evil is fun reading.

Fun facts: He likes to sing and he likes hats.

ETA The Jupiter Knife is available as an eArc from Baen Books. It’ll be published 2/21

“EVEN GHOSTS NEED HELP FROM A CUNNING MAN. A new novel in the Cunning Man series from Dragon Award-nominated author D.J. Butler and Aaron Michael Ritchey.

Hiram and his son Michael are dowsing a well in Eastern Utah when they hear a cry of help from the ghost of a small boy, torn to pieces by wild animals. Before they can even begin to look into that tragedy, however, a prosperous local rancher is murdered right before their eyes.

In an attempt to both help the ghost and find the killer, Hiram and Michael must navigate an eccentric cast of characters that includes failed bank robbers, a seductive fortune-teller, an inept sheriff, a crazy prospector, and a preacher with an apocalyptic grudge against the Roosevelt administration.

The mystery, however, isn’t just in the hearts of men. There’s an astrological puzzle that Michael, now his father’s apprentice, must solve. Meanwhile, the murderer is moving slowly against Hiram and Michael, forcing them into a trap from which there is no escape.

Published: 2/2/2021”

Balisong
11-02-2020, 06:46 PM
Thanks for that info! I took a screenshot of it so I can refer to it for future book (kindle) purchases :D