PDA

View Full Version : Zie Germans do it better, mein freund...

BaiHu
06-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Anyone ever experienced any range like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyq90LEZe4k&feature=g-all-lik

bdcheung
06-13-2012, 09:54 AM

LHS
06-13-2012, 10:30 AM
I want one.

jstyer
06-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Freaking A!!!! That must be some kind if self healing, regenerative, wolverine projector screen or something... imagine how awesome it would be to run Virtual Reality with live ammo :eek:

CCT125US
06-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Makes me want another HK.

TGS
06-13-2012, 11:19 AM
The virtual range? Yes. Except we were using M240's, M249's and M16's and shooting at virtual commies in their virtual commie vehicles.

That video was kinda scary to me, how guns are pretty much only a plaything for the rich. What a bunch of dweebs. Especially the salesman wearing a vest...wtf, is he from the 1920's or something? Reminds me of the old dude in the tweed jacket wearing tacticool shooting gloves while blasting away with Arsenals double-1911 monstrosity thing.

skyshark
06-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Having lived in Germany for a few years (just moved back last summer), I saw their shooting community get smaller with each passing year thanks to stupid laws, high license fees, and brainwashing. But the shooters & hunters who rermain are a real hard corps group that are fanatical about the sport (yes, in Germany it's just a sport). While living there, I was only able to shoot at a few ranges, most of which were really nice, but I never saw anything like that.

ToddG
06-13-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't speak German, but I'm assuming the first thing the narrator says is, "Because we don't live in the United States of America, we have to shoot skeet indoors where it won't scare the neighbors and hunt via video game."

skyshark
06-13-2012, 11:43 AM
I don't speak German, but I'm assuming the first thing the narrator says is, "Because we don't live in the United States of America, we have to shoot skeet indoors where it won't scare the neighbors and hunt via video game."

Todd,
If shooting on Sunday, that's absolutly true. No loud noise allowed on Sunday or you get a visit from die polizie, keine scheisse!

Kyle Reese
06-13-2012, 02:27 PM
In Germany, the private ownership of firearms is tightly regulated and controlled by the government. They have no 2nd Amendment, and the lawful ownership of firearms is reserved for those who show a "legitimate" need to possess a firearm. Hunting is much more regulated as well (and expensive).

When I had family from Germany visit about 8 years ago, they were absolutely stunned at how accessible firearms were to the "common person" in the United States (keep in mind this was in Maryland), and how you could just.....buy a box of 12 gauge ammo at Walmart and a case of 9x19 online and have it at your door a few days later.

F-Trooper05
06-13-2012, 06:17 PM
An indoor range a fraction as nice as that would be packed 24/7 up here in the winter time. If only I was a billionaire...

JConn
06-13-2012, 06:25 PM
I'd still rather shoot outside.

BaiHu
06-13-2012, 06:44 PM
I'd still rather shoot outside.

Dbl ditto.

An indoor range a fraction as nice as that would be packed 24/7 up here in the winter time. If only I was a billionaire...

Ditto.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Long tom coffin
06-13-2012, 08:16 PM
In Germany, the private ownership of firearms is tightly regulated and controlled by the government. They have no 2nd Amendment, and the lawful ownership of firearms is reserved for those who show a "legitimate" need to possess a firearm. Hunting is much more regulated as well (and expensive).

When I had family from Germany visit about 8 years ago, they were absolutely stunned at how accessible firearms were to the "common person" in the United States (keep in mind this was in Maryland), and how you could just.....buy a box of 12 gauge ammo at Walmart and a case of 9x19 online and have it at your door a few days later.

lulz. Wo ist ihre familie aus, landsmann?

My family has been over in the states for some time, but we still maintain relationships with our cousins back home. I had a cousin over last year as an exchange student, staying with some relatives. She saw one of my m4's and was shocked that I could buy it and walk out of the story with it after a little bit of paperwork.

ToddG
06-13-2012, 09:28 PM
I had a cousin over last year as an exchange student, staying with some relatives. She saw one of my m4's and was shocked that I could buy it and walk out of the story with it after a little bit of paperwork.

Why? What does she know about you that we don't??? :cool:

Long tom coffin
06-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Why? What does she know about you that we don't??? :cool:

Because she found out...uh, no, wait........ I swear I had something for this. Something about suppressors and a black balaclava.

Robert Mitchum
06-14-2012, 12:18 AM
The cops in Germany have big guns
Matthias Botthof
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RMDI_zn-6vs/TyOGCOi_NyI/AAAAAAAAb0c/UGPIJlYBcGE/s1600/DSC_0114%257E4.jpg

Kyle Reese
06-14-2012, 11:48 AM
lulz. Wo ist ihre familie aus, landsmann?

My family has been over in the states for some time, but we still maintain relationships with our cousins back home. I had a cousin over last year as an exchange student, staying with some relatives. She saw one of my m4's and was shocked that I could buy it and walk out of the story with it after a little bit of paperwork.

They hail from Rheinland Pfalz, in a town called Rockenhausen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockenhausen). Beautiful, rural country there and nice folks. Yours? :)

Long tom coffin
06-14-2012, 06:04 PM
They hail from Rheinland Pfalz, in a town called Rockenhausen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockenhausen). Beautiful, rural country there and nice folks. Yours? :)

Hail, neighbor! Mine are a little farther up north, in Beckum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beckum,_Germany), in North-Rhine Westphalia.

I've been to the -Pfalz area before, and it is amazingly beautiful, and was pretty reminiscent of the area around Beckum. Never made it to Rockenhausen, though. Close as I got to that was Trier, which was a sight in itself.

abu fitna
06-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Freaking A!!!! That must be some kind if self healing, regenerative, wolverine projector screen or something... imagine how awesome it would be to run Virtual Reality with live ammo :eek:

I have shot at a few European range with projection targets. They aren't so much self healing as projected against a scrolling background that can be advanced to present a clean backstop. Older generations were fixed images. FATS type solutions were a natural evolution. Downside is most are fixed distance...typically 25 to 50 metres for handgun. Many also have slow fire restrictions.

Lot of potential there though, and the basic technologies are getting much cheaper. I expect we will see innovation soon enough, and at the retail price point. Then again, as long as the old guard is making money hand over fist with dank unventilated concrete boxes that they don't even really have to light with more than one sad tube, or a wood table in a field, change will be slower than it should be.

SGT_Calle
06-15-2012, 05:49 AM
What a bunch of dweebs. Especially the salesman wearing a vest...wtf, is he from the 1920's or something? Reminds me of the old dude in the tweed jacket wearing tacticool shooting gloves while blasting away with Arsenals double-1911 monstrosity thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfTn5-EYTEs&feature=youtube_gdata_player