PDA

View Full Version : Easy Glock Gen 5 Grip Plug with Backstrap Mod

stomridertx
09-05-2020, 02:31 PM
This is nothing groundbreaking, and I'm pretty sure I'm no where near the first person to do this. That said, photographs of mods are useful for people searching for info and trying to decide how to solve issues.
I like the Glock medium beavertail backstrap as-is. I also like to install a grip plug to help eliminate the potential sticking point on reloads. The best plugs are not available to use with the backstrap, which leaves the Pearce PG-G4MF as the available plug option for this application. While it will fill the space for the non-existent problem of "debris" getting into the trigger mechanism (has this really ever happened?), the sharp ledge is still there and you can get the magazine stuck there at the right angle. It's not a show stopping problem, but I like it fixed anyway. Taking some fine grit sandpaper and simply rounding off the sharp edge of the half moon cut is enough to completely eliminate this issue and makes the plug a really good $4.00 investment. It's way cheaper than all the aluminum carry magwells on the market. Since I have another new Gen 5 Glock and I just did the mod again, I figured it's worth a picture and a post for Google searchers.

blues
09-05-2020, 02:37 PM
You just reminded me that I don't have a grip plug on my Gen5 G26. If it starts to bug me, I'll know who to blame.

;)