PDA

View Full Version : Are the updated Leupy DPP's available yet?

CDFIII
09-03-2020, 02:45 PM
I have been looking but unable to find out if the new updated DPP's are available for purchase yet? I know they are supposed to update the battery contacts... any other upgrades they plan on doing to the DPP's?

HCM
09-03-2020, 03:00 PM
I have been looking but unable to find out if the new updated DPP's are available for purchase yet? I know they are supposed to update the battery contacts... any other upgrades they plan on doing to the DPP's?

They have been available for a few months It’s an in-line change no new model number /2.0 etc.

The new ones with the improved battery contact have a blue backing under the battery contact vs green for the original DPPs.

CDFIII
09-03-2020, 03:03 PM
Well... That figures! Guess I will have to find them local and see what color is in the compartment. I'm hoping they are better than the previous models.

HCM
09-03-2020, 03:07 PM
Well... That figures! Guess I will have to find them local and see what color is in the compartment. I'm hoping they are better than the previous models.

Or order from a place that will take it back no questions if it turns out to be old stock.

MGW
09-07-2020, 10:35 AM
For what it’s worth I ordered one from Dawson a couple weeks ago. It has the blue backing.

GJM
09-07-2020, 11:02 AM
Believe last two letters of serial are “AG,” which is manufacturing date code.

paherne
09-07-2020, 11:46 AM
How about the NV capable DPPs?

feudist
09-08-2020, 03:03 PM
GJM

Are these holding up? Did the various issues you've found get resolved?

GJM
09-08-2020, 04:17 PM
GJM

Yes

feudist
09-08-2020, 04:19 PM
Yes

That was pithy.

:cool:

backtrail540
09-08-2020, 06:44 PM
GJM

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?20009-Delta-Point-Pro-battery-life-sucks/page24

I believe he addresses it in the last half dozen or so pages here

paherne
09-08-2020, 07:04 PM
Yes

Thank you for that information. I will purchase a unit based on your recommendation.

GJM
09-08-2020, 07:34 PM
Thank you for that information. I will purchase a unit based on your recommendation.

Is your slide direct milled? If not, you should also look at the SRO.

paherne
09-08-2020, 07:54 PM
Is your slide direct milled? If not, you should also look at the SRO.

I've got a 2019 STI Stacatto P that is direct milled for the DPP. I have a Gen2 RMR on there now, but I'd like to run the DPP if it's fit for duty. I don't currently have any pistols set up for sport to run an SRO on. Perhaps when I retire in the next 16 months, I'l l finally have to time to try IDPA and IPSC.

GJM
09-08-2020, 07:55 PM
I've got a 2019 STI Stacatto P that is direct milled for the DPP. I have a Gen2 RMR on there now, but I'd like to run the DPP if it's fit for duty. I don't currently have any pistols set up for sport to run an SRO on. Perhaps when I retire in the next 16 months, I'l l finally have to time to try IDPA and IPSC.

If you can make BUIS work with the Pro on your installation, I think the Pro compares favorably to a RMR in display quality.

paherne
09-08-2020, 08:07 PM
If you can make BUIS work with the Pro on your installation, I think the Pro compares favorably to a RMR in display quality.

I'm anxious to try it, and to be honest, I had given up on the DPP based on others' experiences with earlier models. I'll give it another shot.

Humble Man
09-09-2020, 12:31 PM
4 year old DPP with 30,000 + rounds before it went south. Was with Leupold repair less than 3 weeks, just returned today. New glass, new battery cover lid, and new circuit board. New circuit board is blue, not green just as previously identified. Hopefully another 4 years and 30,000 + rounds.

MDFA
10-02-2020, 07:00 AM
I received my DDP from Dawson Precision the other day. It has the Blue board and is an AG serial number, so I believe it's the most recent version. I ordered it for my Staccatto C2 DUO to try the direct milling. (Still waiting on the C2 DUO)... I like the increased size of the window over my RMR and of course the ease of changing the battery. If it doesn't work out, it's an easy changeover to an RMR with the supplied plate.