PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6920

WDW
06-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Just ordered a new Colt 6920 Magpul Edition off Buds for $1060 out the door. I wanna get in an intermediate carbine course. Can anyone recommend one in the south eastern US, ad close to TN as possible. I just sold my M&P 15OR because after 5,000 rds some durability issues began to present themselves & I figured I give Colt a try, especially @ that price.

GJM
06-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Randy Cain of Cumberland Tactics lives in TN -- not sure of his schedule.

LittleLebowski
06-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Bring F2S out.

Suvorov
06-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Just ordered a new Colt 6920 Magpul Edition off Buds for $1060 out the door. I wanna get in an intermediate carbine course. Can anyone recommend one in the south eastern US, ad close to TN as possible. I just sold my M&P 15OR because after 5,000 rds some durability issues began to present themselves & I figured I give Colt a try, especially @ that price.

Not to jump the track here, but as an M&P 15 owner approaching the 5000 rnd mark, I would like to know what durability issues you began to see? Feel free to PM if needed.

Al T.
06-09-2012, 05:31 PM
IMHO, 5k is where you need to evaluate springs, extractors and such items.

WDW
06-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Not to jump the track here, but as an M&P 15 owner approaching the 5000 rnd mark, I would like to know what durability issues you began to see? Feel free to PM if needed.

Roll pins backing out, my hammer developed a huge gouge at its base and a disturbing loss in intrinsic accuracy.

F-Trooper05
06-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Can anyone here give their opinion on the 6920 vs a DDM4? I have an opportunity to get a Magpul 6920 new for about 1K, but if I got it I'd like to put on a DD rail which would put the overall cost at about the same as a DDM4. Is there any reason to get one over the other?

Failure2Stop
06-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Can anyone here give their opinion on the 6920 vs a DDM4? I have an opportunity to get a Magpul 6920 new for about 1K, but if I got it I'd like to put on a DD rail which would put the overall cost at about the same as a DDM4. Is there any reason to get one over the other?

When it comes to the solid manufacturers, my advice is to get the one that has the features you know you prefer. If you don't have enough experience or the ability to clearly articulate your preference, just start off with the base model that is the easiest to acquire.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JDM
06-12-2012, 05:27 PM

The rail is factory installed on the DD rifle. That is a benefit, albeit a small one.

BWT
06-12-2012, 05:33 PM
https://danieldefense.com/faq

We guarantee all of the products we sell. If you are not 100% satisfied with any of our products, contact us and we will send UPS to you for a return. As soon as we receive your return, we will give you a full refund. If you have any problem with any of our products down the road, we want to be the first to know. We will help you resolve your problem as quickly and inexpensively as possible. Solving your problem gives us the knowledge to prevent problems in the future and the opportunity to prove our character to another satisfied customer.

WDW
06-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Stupid NICS! I had my dang Colt in my hands then the system crashed so I have to go back tomorrow. I have 1,000rds & a 100 yd private range for Fri. Hope its back up tomorrow. I'm impatient :)

tmoore912
06-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Are Tennessee license holders (I can't remember what it is called in Tenn) not able to bypass the NICS check when purchasing a firearm?

That is one of the nice advantages of having a GWCL.

joshs
06-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Are Tennessee license holders (I can't remember what it is called in Tenn) not able to bypass the NICS check when purchasing a firearm?

That is one of the nice advantages of having a GWCL.

No. Only certain permits/licenses are NICS exempt. NICS Exemption Chart (http://www.atf.gov/firearms/brady-law/permit-chart.html)

jstyer
06-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Stupid NICS! I had my dang Colt in my hands then the system crashed so I have to go back tomorrow. I have 1,000rds & a 100 yd private range for Fri. Hope its back up tomorrow. I'm impatient :)

If their computer crashed, why didn't they just call it in?

WDW
06-12-2012, 10:25 PM
If their computer crashed, why didn't they just call it in?
They tried. TBI said their stuff was so jacked up they couldn't even do call-ins at the time.