PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Oak Cliff Attempted Robbery/Shooting

Shotgun
08-17-2020, 12:23 PM
An acquaintance of mine (victim) is conducting some business in Oak Cliff and is walking back to his car from an Oak Cliff residence. Two guys pull up. At least one gets out and points a gun at the victim's head, from only one or two feet away, and says give me your wallet or I will kill you. Victim, thinking he is dead anyway, draws his .380 pocket pistol and shootout ensues. Victim is shot in arm and perhaps on one side of the abdomen, but nothing life threatening. Many missed shots apparently, with victim's vehicle getting shot a number of times. Don't know if any of the victim's rounds landed on the perpetrator. All of this is second, third, fourth hand, and etc. What I do know that happened is that a shootout occurred, apparently at very close range (at least at first), victim suffers at least one gunshot wound, and unsuccessful robber gets back in vehicle and drives away with his accomplice.

How is this not reported? I have Googled the incident on several occasions and can find nothing. Oak Cliff shootings are not a novelty, but how does something like this, when someone actually got hurt, not make the news?

Have wondered where the perpetrator would go for medical care if any of victim's rounds connected. Once again, third and fourth hand information: story is that if a perpetrator gets shot he may travel hours away to get to an out of town hospital in the hopes of not getting connected to a shooting.

And, just another example that we need to be carrying when we are out and about. Never know when evil may find us.

HCM
08-17-2020, 01:06 PM
An acquaintance of mine (victim) is conducting some business in Oak Cliff and is walking back to his car from an Oak Cliff residence. Two guys pull up. At least one gets out and points a gun at the victim's head, from only one or two feet away, and says give me your wallet or I will kill you. Victim, thinking he is dead anyway, draws his .380 pocket pistol and shootout ensues. Victim is shot in arm and perhaps on one side of the abdomen, but nothing life threatening. Many missed shots apparently, with victim's vehicle getting shot a number of times. Don't know if any of the victim's rounds landed on the perpetrator. All of this is second, third, fourth hand, and etc. What I do know that happened is that a shootout occurred, apparently at very close range (at least at first), victim suffers at least one gunshot wound, and unsuccessful robber gets back in vehicle and drives away with his accomplice.

How is this not reported? I have Googled the incident on several occasions and can find nothing. Oak Cliff shootings are not a novelty, but how does something like this, when someone actually got hurt, not make the news?

Have wondered where the perpetrator would go for medical care if any of victim's rounds connected. Once again, third and fourth hand information: story is that if a perpetrator gets shot he may travel hours away to get to an out of town hospital in the hopes of not getting connected to a shooting.

And, just another example that we need to be carrying when we are out and about. Never know when evil may find us.

First, did it actually happen ?

If a shooting actually happened was it actually a robbery ?

If it happened and it was a robbery it happened in Oak Cliff. It is an “interesting” place.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HFcneB0EVRM

Shotgun
08-17-2020, 01:23 PM
First, did it actually happen ?

If a shooting actually happened was it actually a robbery ?

If it happened and it was a robbery it happened in Oak Cliff. It is an “interesting” place.

A shooting actually happened. I have seen pics of gunshot wound in the victim's arm in the hospital.

Attempted robbery reportedly, but only lead and copper was exchanged according to the story.

Never heard of or seen that video before today, but for much of Oak Cliff "interesting" would be accurate. Some of Oak Cliff is very upscale though. Million dollar plus homes down there in some areas. There is a lot of old Dallas money in certain areas of Oak Cliff.

wvincent
08-17-2020, 01:30 PM

You rollin with that sick beat in your G-Ride, Dawg?

JRB
08-17-2020, 01:41 PM
Regular folks' defensive gun use is rarely news, unless there's a fatality or it happened in a school/courthouse/somewhere 'interesting' etc.

Parking lot in broad daylight in a known sporty area? Won't even be a page 10 mention unless it's a relevant very-current tidbit for some broader piece on crime in the area.

Chance
08-17-2020, 01:45 PM
How is this not reported?

I subscribe to Dallas Morning News and usually only see reports of shootings in Oak Cliff when someone died. Here are the two most (https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2020/08/15/man-dies-after-being-shot-near-east-oak-cliff-church-friday-night/)recent (https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2020/08/09/23-year-old-woman-found-fatally-shot-in-west-oak-cliff-dallas-police-say/). Not to minimize what happened to your acquaintance, but someone being wounded by gunfire in that part of town isn't unusual or particularly interesting to the public.

andre3k
08-17-2020, 09:59 PM
If it happened at night it's normally only the freelance video guys out shooting, not major stations. If it's a busy night they won't make it to every shooting. If it's an area that has a lot of shootings then it's luck of the draw on what gets covered.

HCM
08-18-2020, 12:46 AM
You rollin with that sick beat in your G-Ride, Dawg?

A good hunter knows his quarry.

Plus I dated a woman who grew up in (and made it out of) Oak Cliff.

Rex G
08-18-2020, 08:47 AM

Unless someone actively tells a news media source, an incident such as this would probably go unreported in the Houston area news media. I would think It may be similar, in other large urban areas.