PDA

View Full Version : Spain to Germany - Just send us money.

Kyle Reese
06-08-2012, 10:31 AM
HERE (http://world.time.com/2012/06/07/spain-doesnt-want-a-bailout-just-send-money-now/)

This is getting more and more surreal. It reminds me of the South Park episode where Canada goes on strike, and they want "free money from the internet".

BaiHu
06-08-2012, 11:54 AM
The biggest problem with the euro-experiment (yes I voted for press-out) is that it a) would never work the way it was designed and b) Germany had the most to gain with a lowered currency, cheap labor and low rates. Everyone else in the zone became Germany's b*&%h. Now Germany's surprised that they're coming to Germany for help; of course they are, because they're the strongest in the zone.

ETA: How did Spain get a housing bubble? Because their mortgage rate was based off of ECB rates, which are set by Germany.

This is like saying everyone has to run a 5 minute mile, but most of the people are out of shape or have never run, but one of you is an Olympic runner and the Olympic runner sets the time/pace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

fuse
06-09-2012, 03:01 AM
It reminds me of the South Park episode where Canada goes on strike, and they want "free money from the internet".

solid episode, and solid correlation

fixer
06-09-2012, 07:10 AM
What is scary is that problems aren't just with Spain or Greece, there is plenty brewing in Ireland, Italy, Portugal, etc...

The ECB doesn't have the shoes to wade through this...mess.

BaiHu
06-09-2012, 03:17 PM
What is scary is that problems aren't just with Spain or Greece, there is plenty brewing in Ireland, Italy, Portugal, etc...

The ECB doesn't have the shoes to wade through this...mess.

The world is about to get a lesson that the Native American's preached a long time ago, that someday the white man will learn he can't eat money. However, b/c the Eurozone situation is so serious, I mean so serious that even our dunderhead of a Commander in Chief just gave a speech about how the Europeans are about to break the world, they will have to fix it.

If one side of the largest currency trading pair (USD/EUR) in the world defaults, then literally the world as we know it, is over. All the doomsday preppers I've mocked will have been right. Luckily I have enough stuff to get me where one of my prepper friends lives, but that won't change the fact that our financial system as we know it, will be gone.

It is b/c of this dire fact that they will have to do something and it is because everyone knows this that it can't be the disaster people are anticipating. It is akin to having the whole fire department waiting outside your house as an arsonist is starting a fire, the house just can't be burnt down to the ground.

This is not the Black Swan the world is anticipating, b/c a Black Swan, by its very nature, is the disaster that no one expects/anticipates, like Japan's tsunami/nuclear fallout.