PDA

View Full Version : PF docs: reaction to tetanus booster?

LittleLebowski
08-11-2020, 07:30 AM
Mrs. Lebowski cut her finger pretty badly slicing vegetables this weekend and got it cleaned up along with a tetanus booster. Now she's exhibiting a lot of these symptoms (https://www.rxlist.com/tetanus-side-effects-drug-center.htm).

Hambo
08-11-2020, 07:41 AM
That's not very specific. I've had some mild reactions to vaccines and no big deal. If she has hives or difficulty breathing that's an issue.

Sounds like your wife is like mine: shouldn't play with sharp things. This is the answer https://www.amazon.com/Cut-Resistant-Gloves/b?node=393303011

LittleLebowski
08-11-2020, 07:48 AM
That's not very specific. I've had some mild reactions to vaccines and no big deal. If she has hives or difficulty breathing that's an issue.

Sounds like your wife is like mine: shouldn't play with sharp things. This is the answer https://www.amazon.com/Cut-Resistant-Gloves/b?node=393303011

She was having slight breathing issues last night, low grade fever, and then sweated it out. Her infectious diseases doctor brother assured her this wasn’t due to the tetanus booster.

She has such a glove, don’t ask me why it wasn’t in use.

Rick R
08-11-2020, 07:57 AM
Interesting, my SIL’s and her beau were visiting his mother last weekend, the next day mom comes down with chills, fever other symptoms. Everyone freaks out and gets ready to lock down.

Turns out she cut her finger and got a tetanus shot a day or so before. Wonder if there’s a problem with the latest batch?

RJ
08-11-2020, 08:42 AM
She has such a glove, don’t ask me why it wasn’t in use.

Obviously goes without saying, but for your health, I would not advise asking one's spouse this question, at least, not right at the moment. :cool:

I hope all ends well for Mrs. LL.

LittleLebowski
08-11-2020, 08:56 AM
Obviously goes without saying, but for your health, I would not advise asking one's spouse this question, at least, not right at the moment. :cool:

I hope all ends well for Mrs. LL.

She's not too high strung, but Latinas and knives...:D

beenalongtime
08-11-2020, 12:06 PM
She's not too high strung, but Latinas and knives...:D

Was her maiden name Gallo, and previously married?

awp_101
08-11-2020, 01:12 PM

Unless LL can do a PF livestream when he asks. I’d stop down and watch that...

LittleLebowski
08-11-2020, 01:55 PM
Was her maiden name Gallo, and previously married?

Nope and nope.

GearFondler
08-11-2020, 02:09 PM
I got a Tetanus shot in my early 20's that had me feeling like death for about 24hrs... fever, chills, body aches, foggy-headed, etc.
My previous one and subsequent ones have not had any noticeable effects on me.

TheRoland
08-11-2020, 07:24 PM
I have the low-level side-effects every time I get a tetanus booster, to various degrees. And I've had a few extra tetanus shots over the years due to being impaled by various dirty objects (don't ask). Every time I'm miserable for a day.

So far I have not died of tetanus so I assume they're working, but it's never fun.

Sharkbite
08-11-2020, 10:55 PM
My last booster was about 14 years ago..( I know, I know) and I was sick as a dog for 2 days afterward. I may have been fighting off something when the tetanus refocused my body's immune system on it instead. After a couple days, I was fine.

I thought I was headed for lock jaw-ville, but a buddy's nurse wife said it wasn't unusual to have illness reactions to the shot.