PDA

View Full Version : Lessons From the Street DVD

ToddG
03-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Tom Givens of Rangemaster (and pistol-forum.com SME) has just announced the release of his new DVD, Lessons From the Street.

http://www.rangemaster.com/logo_rm_xmas.jpg

This is a professionally produced video based on Tom's now famous presentation of ten shootings involving Rangemaster students over the past decade. I have not seen the video yet, but I have been to Tom's presentation in person and it is incredibly informative and eye opening. It covers in detail these ten shootings which occurred at short, medium, and long ranges; indoors and outdoors; day and night; against single and multiple threats.

The video is $14.95 plus $2.00 shipping. They don't have a webshop, so call 901-370-5600 to purchase a copy.

fuse
03-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Sold.

VolGrad
03-17-2011, 11:44 AM
For less than $20 it's prob worth it. Thanks.

TAP
03-17-2011, 12:05 PM
I took a one day class from Tom a few years ago and learned a lot from his mindset portion of the class. His newsletters are also very informative and I have gone back through the archives and read most of the student involved shooting reports.

I'll have to check out the video.

Jay Cunningham
03-17-2011, 12:07 PM
One of these days when I can do it I'm going to get a class with Tom - the DVD seems like a real good value.

Kyle Reese
03-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Sold. Can't wait to check it out. :)

Frank B
03-17-2011, 01:20 PM
ordered!

Kyle Reese
03-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Frank,
You're probably the only guy in all of Germany that will own that DVD! :cool:

Frank B
03-17-2011, 01:32 PM
could be, but I doubt it.:)

Chuck Haggard
03-19-2011, 06:24 AM
ZI haven't seen the DVD either, but in person Tom's presentation is top notch. He is a gifted speaker, very knowledgeable, and has given this subject a great deal of thought, analysis and effort.

If you carry a gun, and you have a chance to hear Tom give this class, do it.

WobblyPossum
03-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Ordered a copy. Thanks for the heads up.

Kyle Reese
03-22-2011, 05:50 PM
I just finished watching this DVD. Well worth the price of admission. Mr.Givens does an excellent job presenting 10 individual lethal force encounters and the particulars of each.

ToddG
03-22-2011, 06:36 PM
I have to agree. Got mine yesterday and watched it last night. I've heard the ten stories before, but the "interview" at the end really brought out a lot of great general points.

Prdator
03-22-2011, 06:57 PM
I got mine yesteday as well;) ( thanks Tom!) Ive seen some of this before, but that does not matter as I leaned more watching it this time!!!!!

This is a must have DVD. and if you've not trained with Tom you Need to!!

John Ralston
03-23-2011, 01:06 AM
I watched my copy today (Thanks Tom!), and I must say that it is very good info. Lots to think about and reflect on - how would I have handled that?

I was amazed at the hit ratios the people were getting - it pays to practice.

NickDrak
03-23-2011, 02:28 AM
Im calling tomorrow to order a copy....

WobblyPossum
03-23-2011, 07:21 PM
I just finished it. A great deal of good information that re-affirms the idea that a lot of trouble is avoidable by not doing stupid things in stupid places with stupid people.

Frank B
03-24-2011, 05:03 PM
My copy should be on itīs long way by today!
Cant wait to see it.

Aray
03-25-2011, 05:49 AM
One of these days when I can do it I'm going to get a class with Tom

That sounds like a very good idea.

JohnN
04-02-2011, 05:08 PM
The DVD was well worth the money. Excellent material.

Took a Dynamic Marksmanship class from Tom and Jim Higginbotham several years ago and was impressed by their presentation.

9 Micky Mouse
04-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I got know Tom has got more that just 10 student involved shootings I believe it is around 64.

I have 17 students from 94 to date the last was May 2010

Frank B
04-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Today I finally got the chance to watch my copy.
There are some interesting lessons to learn from. Most of these scenarios are transferable to Germany, too.

KentF
04-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Just ordered my copy.

TGS
04-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Just ordered my copy.

I just ordered mine as well.

One of the most beneficial pieces of training I ever got was in John Murphy's CCSD course where he went over actual shootings and violence in society. He used not only statistics but videos of the actual assaults. So to say the least, I'm quite excited to get this DVD from someone that's spoken so highly of on 10 actual shootings. Honestly, unless Tom Given's is including LEO's in that number of 64, it completely blows my mind that he could have that many student involved shootings. So to hear that alone is a real good reminder that violence is a part of our lives and that it doesn't come when we're ready.

You guys liked the DVD I'm guessing?

900-DRIVER
04-25-2011, 07:02 PM
it could have been an i tunes download since it was just him talking the whole time, thats just my 2 cents, i did like the stories they really make you think / nothing like learning from people who have been there and done that.
overall i would rate it 4 out of 5

LOKNLOD
04-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Let me ask this: Is this DVD something that would be helpful for new or non-shooters, who are showing an interest in self defense or are at least open-minded enough to take the time to watch? Or is it something that you would only get the most out of if already "one of us" so to speak?

I have some friends and family that are barely to the point of getting started and some good mindset sure wouldn't hurt...

Kyle Reese
04-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Totally worth it for shooters or non shooters. Mr.Givens articulates the situations in a clear and concise manner, and I think anyone serious about personal defence should watch it.

Let me ask this: Is this DVD something that would be helpful for new or non-shooters, who are showing an interest in self defense or are at least open-minded enough to take the time to watch? Or is it something that you would only get the most out of if already "one of us" so to speak?

I have some friends and family that are barely to the point of getting started and some good mindset sure wouldn't hurt...

Prdator
04-26-2011, 10:43 AM

I would say yes, Tom does really just his "normal" talk in it as well, there is so much Truth in it that I think it would be great for the new and experienced!!

NGCSUGrad09
04-26-2011, 10:48 AM
I was fortunate to attend a Rangemaster conference back when they were held in Memphis. This was towards the beginning of my carrying a gun and it was one of the best experiences a person could have from that perspective. The one session that stood out the most and remains with me today was Tom Givens presentation. His presentation is a great benefit both the newer and experienced guys.

Prdator
04-26-2011, 02:24 PM
I was fortunate to attend a Rangemaster conference back when they were held in Memphis. This was towards the beginning of my carrying a gun and it was one of the best experiences a person could have from that perspective. The one session that stood out the most and remains with me today was Tom Givens presentation. His presentation is a great benefit both the newer and experienced guys.

You do know he has one in Tulsa OK May 14-15, 2011 right? and one in Cave City KY Oct 8-9.

These events are not to be missed with Several training opportunities from some of the top trainers in the country. You can register at www.rangemaster.com, look under Tactical Conferences.

JHC
04-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Tom Givens giving a classroom session about sighted/indexed shooting vs "point shooting": "Just put your front sight on the fucker and shoot the son of a bitch. I'VE DONE IT! IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING HARD!"

Epic presentation.

NickA
09-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Got to watch it this weekend at the Combined Skills course and we were provided a copy. I will definitely have my wife watch it also. She's not a shooter (yet) but there's some good lessons to be learned anyway. This was my first training with Tom and as noted well worth it. His lecture is to the point, no BS, and still entertaining.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

NETim
08-31-2012, 05:51 PM
I need not hear more. On order.