PDA

View Full Version : Alone: Season 7 *spoilers*

LittleLebowski
08-07-2020, 09:25 AM
Usually the new episode drops on Friday morning. My family is disappoint :(

I'd say that Alaskan guy Roland has got this all sewn up unless he gets hurt.

Hieronymous
08-07-2020, 09:38 AM
Usually the new episode drops on Friday morning. My family is disappoint :(

I'd say that Alaskan guy Roland has got this all sewn up unless he gets hurt.

Agreed. He may be the first participant to ever gain weight. ;) Seriously, though, imagine the calorie burn required to harvest, field dress and transport that beast. That was possibly the most epic and primal episode ever.

LittleLebowski
08-07-2020, 09:42 AM
Agreed. He may be the first participant to ever gain weight. ;) Seriously, though, imagine the calorie burn required to harvest, field dress and transport that beast. That was possibly the most epic and primal episode ever.

Yup. First contestant on there that is at the level of Jordan (winner of last season).

Grey
08-07-2020, 09:57 AM
Jordan was a beast, so sad he lost all his fat last season!

I need to catch the new season!

0ddl0t
08-07-2020, 03:41 PM
How is Joe Nicholas doing?

Hieronymous
08-07-2020, 03:50 PM

I may not be totally caught up, but he was struggling with food. I don't see him lasting, unfortunately.

LittleLebowski
08-07-2020, 05:01 PM

He tapped out last episode or the one before it. He was not doing good on calories, relying too much on snares and berries.

JCS
08-07-2020, 09:06 PM

I thought the same. Then....

*spoiler*

This episode it said he has still lost 44 lbs. He seems to be the most set up to do it but considering they aren’t even halfway to 100 yet it doesn’t look good.

Amos seems to be skating by.

Keilyn understandably has a lot of breakdowns mentally.

Callie seems like a dark horse. Mentally she seems like she can make it and she doesn’t have spouse or kids back at home.

Roland is just a bad dude. I have really enjoyed him. He stabbed the musk ox to death. Almost as savage as Jordan killing the wolverine last season

Hieronymous
08-07-2020, 09:42 PM
I thought the same. Then....

*spoiler*

This episode it said he has still lost 44 lbs. He seems to be the most set up to do it but considering they aren’t even halfway to 100 yet it doesn’t look good.

Amos seems to be skating by.

Keilyn understandably has a lot of breakdowns mentally.

Callie seems like a dark horse. Mentally she seems like she can make it and she doesn’t have spouse or kids back at home.

Roland is just a bad dude. I have really enjoyed him. He stabbed the musk ox to death. Almost as savage as Jordan killing the wolverine last season

Yeah, just watched a few more. 44 pounds or 20% of body weight! How’bout the close encounter with wolves!? Crazy.
Thinking the Canadian woman is looking strong if she can add the ice fishing to the rabbit sets.

LittleLebowski
08-14-2020, 08:54 AM
https://www.cdc.gov/tularemia/index.html

JCS
08-14-2020, 08:00 PM
https://www.cdc.gov/tularemia/index.html

Ya screw that. I don’t know anything about it but if I see an animals liver that looks like that I’m not eating any of it.

I don’t think anyone will make it to 100 days. There is only one episode left and to this point they are barely halfway.

I would rank them
Roland
Callie
Kielyn

LittleLebowski
08-21-2020, 08:07 AM
Watching the season finale with the family now.

Cory
08-22-2020, 03:20 PM
I've watched every season of Alone, with the exception being "the beast" season or whatever.

I was pretty happy to see the winner take it home.

Roland definitely deserved the win. He had the best shelter by far, best food stocks, and serious skills. That being said, it really sucked to see Callie get taken out by medical.I remember thinking that was a shitty way to be runner up when it happened in the 3rd season in Patagonia. It would have been far better to see which of the two of them stayed the longest. I was seriously impressed with Roland's skill and knowledge, and seriously impressed with Callie's ability to remain in high spirits the vast majority of the time. Two different strengths, but both of them really carried themselves well. I also don't mean to downplay Callie's skill. It was impressive, just not as much so as Roland's. I think if she wasn't medical'd, Roland would have still won. He seem'd to have far more firewood ready to go and was also trying his hand at ice fishing.

Great season.

Hieronymous
08-22-2020, 07:40 PM
Musk ox stomach contents? He earned the win. Thought Kielyn would have pulled it off; she was super impressive.

LittleLebowski
08-22-2020, 07:48 PM
Musk ox stomach contents? He earned the win. Thought Kielyn would have pulled it off; she was super impressive.

I called it for Roland several episodes back. The only other contestant that could go head to head with Roland is Jordan from last season. Roland and Jordan are big league, the rest are minor leagues.

Hieronymous
08-22-2020, 07:57 PM
I called it for Roland several episodes back. The only other contestant that could go head to head with Roland is Jordan from last season. Roland and Jordan are big league, the rest are minor leagues.

No doubt his lifetime of experience was in full display. Site selection is really an interesting component to the show as well. Timing of the lake freeze was clearly different for some, opening options. Getting a site that bordered migration patterns. Ultimately, those with a strong mindset, more than surface level knowledge and a superhuman work ethic to really stock up before the hard winter get the best results and offer the most knowledge and entertainment.

I’d love to see the tropical version of this soon.

Robinson
09-20-2020, 12:04 AM
I finally binge watched the entire seventh season -- the first I've watched of the Alone series. It was pretty good all the way through.

I started getting the feeling that Roland would win the contest early on. His shelter was well designed, the chimney allowed smoke to escape, and he always kept his wits about him.

A big win was that he had the good fortune of spotting the musk ox, got a good shot off, and then had the grit to get close and finish it. Clubbing the porcupine was a good move too. The ladies were actually both pretty impressive despite their low points, but Roland deserved to win IMO.

I just went back and started watching Season 6 and after the second episode no one really seems like they have a handle on the situation yet.

Robinson
09-20-2020, 10:37 PM
Okay after episode 3 of season 6 I find myself hoping the bears get some of the contestants.

Robinson
09-21-2020, 11:28 PM
More Season 6: Jordan appears to be cluefull. He may be able to bag a moose, we'll see. I am rooting for him.

One of the contestants has stabbed herself twice with sharp implements.

A dude cried over killing a squirrel for food. Later he fell in the lake.

What the hell was that Krav Maga (supposedly) escape from a front choke the one dude showed the camera? I take it he has never been choked by a strong person.

Come on bears, you can do it.

Shotgun
08-01-2021, 06:57 AM
I just finished watching season 7 on Netflix. This was fascinating. Who would ever think about saving the contents of a musk ox belly to eat when you run out of other options? I did not think Roland would win because he was limited on his fishing which provides fat.

I have read about people starving on a steady diet of rabbit simply because rabbit provides no fat. I was thinking Keilyn would win simply because she got lucky in finding a fishing lure and could ice fish. Roland had an entire ox to eat, but it was lean.

Too bad no other seasons are available.