PDA

View Full Version : Do we have CBP officers who work in major airports around here?

YVK
08-03-2020, 10:05 AM
I have a situation/question that I can't find an answer to anywhere. My parents live in Russia. They normally visit me every summer, July through mid-August. It is their vacation / relaxation / be taken care of time. They have been pretty much locked up in a 660 sq ft apartment since mid March and are going nuts so, while I am concerned with a travel-related covid issues, I want them to come over and visit.

The problem is that I can't find any definitive answer whether they would be allowed to enter the country. Russia is not explicitly listed as a country whose citizens are banned from entering. Aeroflot apparently has some (scarce) flights to JFK but nobody really knows if they do fly or sell tickets and then cancel / delay flights. That is as much as we know. We can't find any definitive answer from Dept of State site, US CBP site, or Russian sites. There is a US Consulate in their town but it is effectively closed and isn't of help.

Any info or pointers would be appreciated.

scw2
08-03-2020, 10:39 AM
If you don't get an answer, you might be able to post in travel related forums or communities like Flyer Talk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trending.php) to see if frequent travelers know the answer to your question.