PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden's Plan to End Gun Violence.

StraitR
07-23-2020, 11:54 PM
Below are just the section titles and bullet points. If you haven't read it yet, pull up a chair, it's ugly.

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

- Hold gun manufacturers accountable.

- Get weapons of war off our streets.

- Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

- Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.

- Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities.

- Reduce stockpiling of weapons.

- Keep guns out of dangerous hands.

- Require background checks for all gun sales.

- Close other loopholes in the federal background check system.

- Reinstate the Obama-Biden policy to keep guns out of the hands of certain people unable to manage their affairs for mental reasons, which President Trump reversed.

- Close the “hate crime loophole.”

- Close the “Charleston loophole.”

- Close the “fugitive from justice” loophole created by the Trump Administration.

- End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions.

- Create an effective program to ensure individuals who become prohibited from possessing firearms relinquish their weapons.

- Incentivize state “extreme risk” laws.

- Give states incentives to set up gun licensing programs.

- Adequately fund the background check system.

- Establish a new Task Force on Online Harassment and Abuse to focus on the connection between mass shootings, online harassment, extremism, and violence against women.

- Expand the use of evidence-based lethality assessments by law enforcement in cases of domestic violence.

- Put America on the path to ensuring that 100% of firearms sold in America are smart guns.

- Hold adults accountable for giving minors access to firearms.

- Prioritize prosecution of straw purchasers.

- Notify law enforcement when a potential firearms purchaser fails a background check.

- Require firearms owners to report if their weapon is lost or stolen.

- Stop “ghost guns.”

- Reform, fund, and empower the U.S. Justice Department to enforce our gun laws.

- Direct the ATF to issue an annual report (https://giffords.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Addressing-Gun-Violence-in-America%E2%80%94Policy-Solutions-and-Ideas-to-Build-a-Safer-Future-in-2020%E2%80%94Giffords.pdf) on firearms trafficking.

- Require gun owners to safely store their weapons.

- Dedicate the brightest scientific minds to solving the gun violence public health epidemic.

- Prohibit the use of federal funds to arm or train educators to discharge firearms.

- Address the epidemic of suicides by firearms.

- Make federal programs more trauma-informed.

- Create a network of trauma care centers.

- Train health care and other service providers in trauma-centered care.

Josh Runkle
07-24-2020, 12:15 AM
I didn’t envision myself voting for Trump, but the Biden campaign sure does keep pushing me that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wise_A
07-24-2020, 01:13 AM
[B][B]- Prioritize prosecution of straw purchasers.

Sometimes a blind, senile squirrel really does find a nut.

Alternate ending: Proof of the Broken Clock Theorem.

BONUS DIRECTOR'S CUT: Well, I guess in infinite parallel universes, over a near-infinite amount of time in office, Joe Biden eventually gets one right.

---

But he'd still find a way to fuck it up.

feudist
07-24-2020, 01:14 AM
Biden is a lickspittle lapdog.Always has been.

Bergeron
07-24-2020, 07:40 AM
Yeah, this is someone else’s maximum anti-gun agenda, that Biden has now accepted as his own. I hope that all the gun rights groups heavily advertise this new agenda of Biden’s.

NETim
07-24-2020, 07:55 AM
No worries. Brilliant strategy. Some gun owners will vote for him anyways.

beenalongtime
07-24-2020, 08:01 AM
Below are just the section titles and bullet points. If you haven't read it yet, pull up a chair, it's ugly.

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

- Get weapons of war off our streets.

I am guessing this means they weren't planning on selling those old Marine tanks to the general public?:rolleyes:

Grey
07-24-2020, 08:07 AM
Going to turn me into a single issue voter at this rate...

blues
07-24-2020, 08:12 AM
Uncle Joe....

https://cdn.britannica.com/54/60154-050-B02509B6/Joseph-Stalin-1950.jpg

"Gun control. It's the beginning of a beautiful relationship. I'll allow it."

Jim Watson
07-24-2020, 08:39 AM
What is the Charleston Loophole? Do I need to take a road trip before he takes office?

WobblyPossum
07-24-2020, 09:49 AM
What is the Charleston Loophole? Do I need to take a road trip before he takes office?

That’s what he’s calling the law allowing an FFL to transfer a firearm to a buyer after three days if the background check results haven’t come back yet. If the background comes back as a “Deny” after that time period, the FFL is supposed to notify the ATF if they have already completed the transfer.

blues
07-24-2020, 09:53 AM
Frankly, I liked Joe better when I just sniffed hair...instead of getting in it.

Grey
07-24-2020, 09:56 AM
That’s what he’s calling the law allowing an FFL to transfer a firearm to a buyer after three days if the background check results haven’t come back yet. If the background comes back as a “Deny” after that time period, the FFL is supposed to notify the ATF if they have already completed the transfer.

How is that a loophole?

Guerrero
07-24-2020, 10:00 AM
How is that a loophole?

Also, there’s no such thing as the “Charleston loophole.” I realize that activists such as Feinblatt think every gun purchase in America reflects a “loophole” that needs to be closed, but the three-day waiting limit on checks was purposely written into the 1998 law — which makes it the opposite of a loophole. The provision was added to the law to ensure that the FBI couldn’t arbitrarily deny Americans their Second Amendment rights. The Charleston church shooter obtained his gun — despite his drug use — not because of problems with the law but because of a data-entry error. If that is distressing to Feinblatt and his organization, perhaps he should ask the Democratic House to stop ignoring FBI requests for more NICS funding.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/07/the-media-cant-stop-misleading-on-guns/

cheby
07-24-2020, 10:30 AM
Once again, the names should be irrelevant. Total gun control is the fundamental point of the Democratic party agenda. It doesn't matter who is running. If they could confiscate all guns they would. They can't right now but the new generation of Democrats don't even hide the agenda anymore...
What's more interesting is why the left all over the world is so obsessed with gun control and limiting the self defense rights in general. In USSR, even karate training was illegal at some point for example. I think gun control is a perfect case study of American politics of the last 50 years.

ccmdfd
07-24-2020, 10:35 AM
Frankly, I liked Joe better when I just sniffed hair...instead of getting in it.

M'mmmmmmmmm!
Clairol, my favorite!

Arbninftry
07-24-2020, 10:38 AM
At this point the Democrat party is and has been a puppet of Soros/Bloomberg and other anti-gun types. Why would anyone vote that way is beyond me. You may hate Trump, but he is not a communist supporter like Biden.

Willard
07-24-2020, 06:39 PM
Going to turn me into a single issue voter at this rate...

I find that if I'm on the same page as the candidate on this issue, most of the others aren't much different either.

JohnO
07-24-2020, 07:13 PM

[/B][/B]
- Notify law enforcement when a potential firearms purchaser fails a background check.

[

My son works in a gun store. Last week the shop called the state for a transfer authorization number for customer purchasing a firearm. The guy was denied on the basis of an active warrant. The store dragged their feet for a short period of time and 5 local cops came an and scooped the guy up.

Looks like the system we have works.