PDA

View Full Version : Another affluent dude runs out with his gun! Goes on a car chase!

Glenn E. Meyer
07-10-2020, 09:10 AM
Another affluent guy runs out with his gun! Goes on a car chase!

https://www.9news.com/article/news/investigations/local-ceo-seen-in-images-brandishing-gun-at-hispanic-man-who-got-lost/73-13f71819-701f-4768-af71-8d133a6e6349

Advertisement
'I am gonna blow your head off!' CEO of energy company pulls a gun on a Hispanic man and his girlfriend who accidentally drove into his private estate

Note that the couple was screwed by Apple Maps! Been there on that (not a gun / car chase) but navigation maps being full of crap.

CEO claims he is not a racist but his meds messed up his noggin. Note in the pictures what looks like a POS gun and the stylish, flattering combat attire. Pink polos do look better.

Nephrology
07-10-2020, 09:16 AM
In the incident report, Favret initially denied to a responding deputy that he pulled out his gun when confronting Ochoa. He changed his story when the sheriff's deputy showed him the photos taken by Ochoa’s girlfriend. Favret told the deputy he didn’t remember that part of the incident. According to the report, Favret told officers he was on pain medication.

Nice

FrankinCA
07-10-2020, 09:38 AM
That CEO should take a MUC class with Cecil

vcdgrips
07-10-2020, 09:51 AM
"Initially, Ochoa declined to press charges because the wedding’s host threatened to cancel it if he moved forward with legal charges at the time, he wrote in a statement."

Some prosecutors would consider obstruction of justice charges against the host given that threat. Particularly if you could show some type of connection to the original defendant beyond mere neighbors.

Stephanie B
07-10-2020, 11:08 AM
CEO claims he is not a racist but his meds messed up his noggin. Note in the pictures what looks like a POS gun and the stylish, flattering combat attire. Pink polos do look better.

New rule: If your net worth is over $1M, the MSRP of your heater must cost at least 0.1% of that (up to a maximum of, oh, $6K).

JodyH
07-10-2020, 11:13 AM
Now he gets some brandishing, kidnapping, assault w/deadly, whatever charge CO has for handling a firearm while impaired and a DUI for driving while impaired.

Noice!

Totem Polar
07-10-2020, 12:34 PM
CEO dude is on the wrong side of the optics on this one.

Hambo
07-10-2020, 12:38 PM
New rule: If your net worth is over $1M, the MSRP of your heater must cost at least 0.1% of that (up to a maximum of, oh, $6K).

Can you get a Stan Chen 1911 for under $6K?

vcdgrips
07-10-2020, 12:43 PM
Built on your gun maybe...

Paul D
07-10-2020, 12:48 PM
Maybe the pain meds enhanced his CEO sense of entitlement.

lwt16
07-10-2020, 12:49 PM
2020.....the year that keeps on giving me tons of good examples of "what not to do" when teaching classes/clinics.

Glenn E. Meyer
07-10-2020, 01:01 PM
Not a gun incident but a CEO!

CEO might be a competitor for Florida Man in the 2020's.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ceo-apology-racist-rant-targeting-asian-american-family-california/

Went nuts over Happy Birthday.

Then gives the usual BS apology:

“I can only imagine the stress and pain they feel,” he said of the family. “I was taught to respect people of all races, and I will take the time to reflect on my actions and work to better understand the inequality that so many of those around me face every day.”

I should have started a practice for CEO/Violence Rehab! Should it have a gun range? I only went shooting with one CEO of a tech company. Had some high end 1911 - which wouldn't run!

JodyH
07-10-2020, 01:03 PM
One of the reasons I went into business for myself.
I saw how stupid a lot of really successful and wealthy businessmen were.
If those dummies can make it, I damn sure have a chance.

Stephanie B
07-10-2020, 01:08 PM

Can you get a Stan Chen 1911 for under $6K?

That's a floor, not a ceiling. If that guy's going to wave around a powder-blue Taurus, he ought to be driving a rusted-out Bronco.

Glenn E. Meyer
07-10-2020, 01:14 PM

I can't resist, JodyH - get ready for your run in the 2024 primaries. No offense, please. Sorry, sorry! :)

Lost River
07-10-2020, 01:22 PM

Hard to do when you can no longer own a firearm, post adjudication.. (though I doubt that is likely to be a realistic outcome),

That said, that egotistical jackass, no matter his wealth would not be allowed in a class of mine.

Since he is who is he is though, (and even though he further admitted to doing what he was doing, under the influence of a narcotic) it is reasonable to presume what will happen is that an obvious felony(s) will get reduced to very minor crimes. Checks will get written with lots of dollar signs. A few re-election campaigns will be enhanced and life will go on.

It is fortunate that the victims in the case had the presence of mind to snap the pics that they did, otherwise this likely would have gone absolutely nowhere, or even bad for them.

JRB
07-10-2020, 01:35 PM

Mr Burch may have to first kick this guys ass on a mat a few times to make sure he listens. Or maybe I'd just like to see him kick this CEO's ass. Hmmm...

JAD
07-10-2020, 01:43 PM
Not a gun incident but a CEO!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ceo-apology-racist-rant-targeting-asian-american-family-california/

Went nuts over Happy Birthday.

Fake news. He was just excited about fluctuations in the prime interest rate.

Raymond Orosa and his family were celebrating his wife's birthday at Bernardus Lodge and Spa's Lucia restaurant when Michael Lofthouse can be seen on camera (https://www.instagram.com/p/CCRsJF7DDeX/) harassing them, saying, "F— you Asians,"

Stephanie B
07-10-2020, 01:59 PM

I am so stealing this.

Stephanie B
07-10-2020, 03:47 PM
So, what are we guessing as to the gun that drugged-out CEO Man was branishing? Taurus? SCCY?

Trooper224
07-10-2020, 03:54 PM
This last thing that jackass needs is a better gun.

TDA
07-10-2020, 04:03 PM
His statement is nuts. So he was voluntarily intoxicated, saw a strange car, cut it off and boxed it in, then got out with pistol in hand... but it’s cool, he couldn’t see that the other guy identified as Mexican-American, so it’s not racist. Like that makes it fine/legal/ok.

Zincwarrior
07-10-2020, 04:13 PM
His statement is nuts. So he was voluntarily intoxicated, saw a strange car, cut it off and boxed it in, then got out with pistol in hand... but it’s cool, he couldn’t see that the other guy identified as Mexican-American, so it’s not racist. Like that makes it fine/legal/ok.

Well, one is acting crazy, the other ends his CEO career.

I wonder if he's done this before. I hope they sue the hell out of him.

Stephanie B
07-10-2020, 06:49 PM

Nothing adds up in his favor. He was claiming that he was worried because people have been poaching elk, so he goes to challenge a couple in a sedan who drove up the driveway to his house. And then he's going to chase them down, on an apparently public street, and confront those suspected poachers? He's going to wave around a cheap-jack .380/9mm at people who, if they were truly poachers, might have a 7mm or better rifle or two?

And this guy's a CEO of a company? And he's the local Cynthia of the HOA (https://heavy.com/news/2020/07/paul-favret/).

Glenn E. Meyer
07-15-2020, 12:12 PM
CEO loses his head:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/tech-ceo-found-decapitated-dismembered-nyc-apartment/story?id=71794870&cid=clicksource_4380645_2_heads_hero_live_twopack_ hed

He was pronounced deceased by first responders on the scene Tuesday afternoon.

Saleh's torso was detached from his head and limbs, which were found nearby in several large bags, sources said.

That seems to be clue that he was deceased.

NEPAKevin
07-15-2020, 12:21 PM
That seems to be clue that he was deceased.

Meh, just another COVID fatality.

Glenn E. Meyer
07-15-2020, 12:22 PM
Easy to ventilate a head?

paherne
07-15-2020, 12:33 PM

No class can fix stupid.

AKDoug
07-15-2020, 03:28 PM
New rule: If your net worth is over $1M, the MSRP of your heater must cost at least 0.1% of that (up to a maximum of, oh, $6K). Easy now, just because someone has $1M in net worth doesn't mean any of it is liquid. A $600 Glock serves me just fine.

No shit. That's been my mantra for decades. All the headaches of running my own business are completely worth it. When I read the threads about corporate bullshit some folks go through and interviewing for those positions, I am sure glad I don't have to dick around with that.

TAZ
07-15-2020, 03:48 PM
People are crazy. They are stressed out. They have been cooped up with nothing but doom and gloom news 24/7. That’s a pretty ripe combination for doing dumb shit.

We will soon see a push for more control on guns as evidenced by the St. Louis lawyer, now this guy and a few more who will undoubtedly loose their shit as we go into lockdown #2.

2020 is turning into an awesome year. Ain’t it?

Hideeho
07-15-2020, 04:25 PM
Some (could be many) do not understand break in contact is when to call LE not jump in truck and give chase.

Nephrology
07-15-2020, 04:58 PM
Some (could be many) do not understand break in contact is when to call LE not jump in truck and give chase.

But Mah Rights

Malamute
07-15-2020, 05:01 PM
...It is fortunate that the victims in the case had the presence of mind to snap the pics that they did, otherwise this likely would have gone absolutely nowhere, or even bad for them.

This is yet another good reason to have a dash cam.

Even if he had only freaked out to the degree of calling LE, their version (turning around looking for friends house) would be vastly different, and provable, from his deluded version.

Hideeho
07-15-2020, 05:04 PM
But Mah Rights

You make an eloquent argument. I can only counter with I have the right to go back to what I was doing now that you’re gone.

SCCY Marshal
07-16-2020, 03:15 PM
So, what are we guessing as to the gun that drugged-out CEO Man was branishing? Taurus? SCCY?

I think Captain Underpants has himself a 9mm SCCY CPX-2. Potato photo on my phone but am pretty sure. Something about it seems off to be the flat topped .380 CPX-3. Nor am I seeing any black where the safety would be on a CPX-1 or CPX-4.