PDA

View Full Version : purpose of block adaptor assy on Berreta PX4 compact

oc3
06-28-2020, 08:24 PM
I see from reading threads on this site there are some very knowledgeable folks concerning this pistol.
I wondered if this is a wear item or what exactly is the purpose of this piece that fits in front of the cam block on the compact model.
Thank you for anyone having time to respond.

Guerrero
06-28-2020, 09:11 PM
LangdonTactical

PX4 Storm Tracker

PX4 Storm Tracker
06-28-2020, 09:55 PM
I see from reading threads on this site there are some very knowledgeable folks concerning this pistol.
I wondered if this is a wear item or what exactly is the purpose of this piece that fits in front of the cam block on the compact model.
Thank you for anyone having time to respond.

Welcome to the Forum!

This is an interesting question. In order of your inquiry- The polymer adapter on the cam block of a PX4 Compact is not a "wear item" perse. Sure, anything can wear out, but we have 26,400 rounds on our Compact and it looks like new.

The shorter barrel on the Compact (3.27") does not give as much room for cam block rotation as the full size PX4s. For this reason the cam is designed differently. Posts 35, 36 on the page in this link -> https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?29665-Beretta-PX4-Storm-Parts-What-does-each-part-do-and-how/page4 will show the difference in pictures.

Since the cam is shorter and sort of "one sided" it needs stabilization. The full size has 2 sets of teeth to stabilize, but the Compact does not. This adapter (the part in question) is stabilized between the frame and slide at the front, thus stabilizing the cam.

oc3
06-29-2020, 07:52 AM
Welcome to the Forum!

This is an interesting question. In order of your inquiry- The polymer adapter on the cam block of a PX4 Compact is not a "wear item" perse. Sure, anything can wear out, but we have 26,400 rounds on our Compact and it looks like new.

The shorter barrel on the Compact (3.27") does not give as much room for cam block rotation as the full size PX4s. For this reason the cam is designed differently. Posts 35, 36 on the page in this link -> https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?29665-Beretta-PX4-Storm-Parts-What-does-each-part-do-and-how/page4 will show the difference in pictures.

Since the cam is shorter and sort of "one sided" it needs stabilization. The full size has 2 sets of teeth to stabilize, but the Compact does not. This adapter (the part in question) is stabilized between the frame and slide at the front, thus stabilizing the cam.

Thank you very much for your response PX4 Storm Tracker.
You answered my inquiry completely, and with 26,400 rounds through your gun, I am not even going to concern myself about it wearing out. I am extremely impressed with this pistol, to date after about 1000 rounds and no malfunctions what so ever and excellent accuracy it has become one of my favorites.