PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Met Police Chief Isn't Woke Enough for Sky News

TGS
06-26-2020, 03:30 PM
Drops some knowledge bombs and hard truths.

I honestly didn't know it was happening there, too. I mean, I knew that BLM is now international and the UK as well as other places had riots, but I didn't realize they were even accusing the Bobbies of the same things they're accusing us of:

blues
06-26-2020, 03:43 PM
Guess the host didn't like hearing the truth.

Shocking, that. :rolleyes:

randyho
06-26-2020, 04:10 PM
Drops some knowledge bombs and hard truths.

I honestly didn't know it was happening there, too. I mean, I knew that BLM is now international and the UK as well as other places had riots, but I didn't realize they were even accusing the Bobbies of the same things they're accusing us of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk5Il6KQrd8

blues
06-26-2020, 04:24 PM
The chief that spoke in that clip reminded me, (attitude-wise), of virtually every copper from the Met I worked with or spent time around. I don't mean the racial politics, that was never a topic that came up...but the cut to the chase, deal with reality, stiff upper lip mentality. What a great bunch I was fortunate enough to have the privilege of working with.

EPF
06-26-2020, 04:31 PM
The part where the interviewer angrily asks him if it’s appropriate to address the Black Lives Matter issues in such clearly racial terms may be the single best example I have seen to demonstrate just how Orwellian our language has become.

randyho
06-26-2020, 04:37 PM
The chief that spoke in that clip reminded me, (attitude-wise), of virtually every copper from the Met I worked with or spent time around. I don't mean the racial politics, that was never a topic that came up...but the cut to the chase, deal with reality, stiff upper lip mentality. What a great bunch I was fortunate enough to have the privilege of working with.
A couple of years left, those are the most satisfying realizations I've come to... daily, with the home team.
Relatedly: COVID has provided an opportunity to deal with undiluted awesome that I am likely to never see again. #PutMeInCoach (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=PutMeInCoach)