PDA

View Full Version : SA XD/XDM Pistol Final 6 Quiz Questions!

hoppy70
06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
SA XD/XDM Pistol Final 6 Quiz Questions!

I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course and now I am on the Springfield Armory XD/XDM Pistols. I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future.

There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them. During my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following final 6 quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these few final 6 quiz questions?

Thanks for your help.

Note #19. What causes the loaded chamber indicator to rise up?
a) The rear portion of the barrel when the chamber is loaded
b) The extractor, which is pushed out slightly by the loaded round
c) The rim of the loaded cartridge
d) The magazine follower

Note #20. What gun part holds the extractor in place?
a) Striker safety retainer pin
b) Loaded chamber indicator pin
c) The loaded chamber indicator itself
d) Nothing holds it in place

Note #21. The trigger bar pushes on what gun part to move the sear out of engagement with the striker?
a) The striker safety lever
b) The grip safety
c) The sear itself
d) The striker spring guide

Note #22. What gun part pushes on the striker safety (firing pin blocking safety) to deactivate it?
a) The striker safety lever
b) The grip safety
c) The sear
d) None of the above

Note #23. The grip safety prevents the hammer from hitting the striker unless the grip safety is held in. - True or False

Note #24. The striker retainer pin must go all the way into the slide before the striker goes into the slide. - True or False

Savage Hands
06-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Cheating on an armorers test? For shame!!! :cool:

Corlissimo
06-01-2012, 03:20 PM
I'll ask the obvious question: Do you have hands on an XD/XDm pistol, or are you trying to do this using only manuals/diagrams?

Not trying to bust balls or anything, but the answers to these questions are pretty straight up... if you have the gun in front of you.

Slavex
06-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm sorry but this seems to be a running theme here, I think you really need to evaluate your dedication to this craft. Us answering the questions for you will not help you in your wished for future career.