PDA

View Full Version : Garand Thumb interview with Seattle security contractor

idahojess
06-20-2020, 04:43 PM
http://youtu.be/IXoGzJZw4Z4

I know that there has been some discussion of this, as well as the higher line podcast interview linked in another thread (can't find it).

I thought this was pretty worthwhile, particularly his discussion of being deliberate in de-escalating the situation, after it had been ramped up with him (justifiably) using the threat of lethal force.

I thought his distinction of being in a gunfight vs being in a riot, and not using the rifles he had picked up, was well-thought out.

Good mindset stuff.

SecondsCount
06-20-2020, 05:24 PM
He did a good thing.

I'm not sure I would have disabled the long guns, as they could have been a good backup when heading back to safety, but I wasn't there and he was the one taking care of the situation.

TGS
06-20-2020, 05:31 PM
There's also a good lesson in there for anyone conducting protective operations.

Hopefully this is just a good learning incident for him and doesn't keep him from further employment.

BehindBlueI's
06-20-2020, 05:58 PM
"filtering out information I didn't need and processing what I needed..."

Exactly.

I forget exactly how he phrased it, but the paraphrase of speed, surprise, and sufficient violence to take control of the situation is spot on.

Squared away.

UNK
06-20-2020, 07:14 PM
"filtering out information I didn't need and processing what I needed..."

Exactly.

I forget exactly how he phrased it, but the paraphrase of speed, surprise, and sufficient violence to take control of the situation is spot on.

Squared away.

Caught the first one by surprise and overcame him by “violence of action” was one of the phrases he used.