PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa could get Sporty Tonight

Arbninftry
06-20-2020, 12:55 PM
I currently live a little north, of Tulsa. The town is filling up, and not all are Trump supporters. This could get interesting. Anyone in Tulsa right now?

blues
06-20-2020, 12:56 PM
Good luck, brother...

Livin' on Tulsa Time...

Nephrology
06-20-2020, 12:56 PM
I do not live anywhere nearby but these were my thoughts as well.

wvincent
06-20-2020, 01:30 PM
Playing stupid games anywhere near POTUS is indicative of a lack of critical thinking.
SS not give quarter or surrender a fucking inch

JAD
06-20-2020, 01:35 PM
It would have been a sporty weekend anyway with “Juneteenth” proximate, but yeah I’d probably skip running down to Claude’s for lunch.

vcdgrips
06-20-2020, 01:55 PM
The agency charged with protected the POTUS is abbreviated USSS- United States Secret Service.

Based on my experience working with them, they are strongly adverse to be called the “SS”.

The SS is from a different place and time.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/

LOKNLOD
06-20-2020, 02:07 PM
Different part of the state from me, but I've seen a few pics of Quiktrips proactively boarded up with pump hoses removed and everything, posted over on another local forum.

My lefty brainwashed sister is up there, hopefully she'll be briefly smart enough to keep her little Alinskyite commie butt home and stay out of trouble.

O4L
06-20-2020, 02:29 PM
I'm an hour and a half from Tulsa and happy to be.

I hope things stay safe for you there.

Zincwarrior
06-20-2020, 02:41 PM
Looks like six campaign staff for Trump at Tulsa just tested positive for Covid. Fake news! Masks are liberals!

Trooper224
06-20-2020, 04:41 PM
The USSS isn't perfect and they have their own host of interdepartmental issues.

On the other hand, I've been detailed to assist with a presidential visit twice in the past. When it comes to playing fuck fuck games around the POTUS, those are not the people you should mess with. In that context they have only one job and they're extremely serious about it.

Good luck to any of our members down in Tulsa.

wvincent
06-20-2020, 05:09 PM
Playing stupid games anywhere near POTUS is indicative of a lack of critical thinking.
SS not give quarter or surrender a fucking inch

I’m out of the edit window blues, could you or another moderator change SS to USSS so I don’t go down in history as calling The Secret Service a bunch of nazi’s?

NH Shooter
06-20-2020, 05:10 PM
Looks like six campaign staff for Trump at Tulsa just tested positive for Covid. Fake news! Masks are liberals!

My bet is the vast majority of Americans would "test positive" and never knew they had it.

Besides, the news cycle has moved on to "police brutality" and riots.

blues
06-20-2020, 05:18 PM
I’m out of the edit window blues, could you or another moderator change SS to USSS so I don’t go down in history as calling The Secret Service a bunch of nazi’s?

I only have control within the Edged Weapons forum. I can't be trusted outside that realm. ;)

Spartan1980
06-20-2020, 05:21 PM
I'm 2 hours down the turnpike and plan on staying here.

Zincwarrior
06-20-2020, 05:33 PM
My bet is the vast majority of Americans would "test positive" and never knew they had it.

Besides, the news cycle has moved on to "police brutality" and riots.
If we had widescale testing like other first world countries, we would know whether or not that's true. Until then masks are for liberals.

EPF
06-20-2020, 05:39 PM
If we had widescale testing like other first world countries, we would know whether or not that's true. Until then masks are for liberals.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/full-list-cumulative-total-tests-per-thousand-map

MGW
06-20-2020, 09:35 PM
Brother in law has been on duty down town since 0730. Sounds like it go a little tense for a bit. A couple fights. Nothing significant to report.

Interesting to hear that the turn out inside was very small. According to the twitter there was a mass effort to reserve tickets by people not intending on going. Not sure if that’s true but I’m told it was definitely a small turn out inside.

My sister goes on duty later tonight. Hopefully it stays quiet.

Borderland
06-20-2020, 10:19 PM

Too late. You've been labeled.:D

Borderland
06-20-2020, 10:37 PM
Brother in law has been on duty down town since 0730. Sounds like it go a little tense for a bit. A couple fights. Nothing significant to report.

Interesting to hear that the turn out inside was very small. According to the twitter there was a mass effort to reserve tickets by people not intending on going. Not sure if that’s true but I’m told it was definitely a small turn out inside.

My sister goes on duty later tonight. Hopefully it stays quiet.

Non event. Maybe it was the rain.

Zincwarrior
06-20-2020, 10:40 PM
Looks like stadium was one third empty. Oops...

Borderland
06-20-2020, 10:54 PM
Looks like stadium was one third empty. Oops...

Things will look better in FL. That's Trumps home state now.

Crusader8207
06-20-2020, 11:18 PM
I'm just 20 miles east of the city and according to my contacts in local law enforcement, just a few stupid people down town got arrested but overall a good event.

Arbninftry
06-20-2020, 11:52 PM
I'm just 20 miles east of the city and according to my contacts in local law enforcement, just a few stupid people down town got arrested but overall a good event.

I am seeing basically the same, if there was something stupid going down, KTUL and KOTV would be all over it. Stay Safe

Zincwarrior
06-21-2020, 07:57 AM
Things will look better in FL. That's Trumps home state now.

Is he taking a tour of states with exploding Covid rates?

Paul Blackburn
06-21-2020, 08:03 AM
The lefts spin on boarding up the town and supposedly begging people not to show up was/is an attempt to destabilize the entire election process. They obviously don't want people to show up. Don't want trump support rallies to spread and get folks pepped up and vote.

RevolverRob
06-21-2020, 08:10 AM

How could anyone know?

Kyle Reese
06-21-2020, 08:21 AM
The lefts spin on boarding up the town and supposedly begging people not to show up was/is an attempt to destabilize the entire election process. They obviously don't want people to show up. Don't want trump support rallies to spread and get folks pepped up and vote.

Can people contract Covid at protests and riots? That information seems to be missing from news broadcasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zincwarrior
06-21-2020, 08:41 AM
Can people contract Covid at protests and riots? That information seems to be missing from news broadcasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, the hypocritical behavior is striking.

TAZ
06-21-2020, 02:30 PM
According to the twitter there was a mass effort to reserve tickets by people not intending on going. Not sure if that’s true but I’m told it was definitely a small turn out inside.

Hopefully reserving tickets required paying for tickets. If not that will change ASAFP. Would be ironic if the Twatter retards spent good money making donations to the Trump campaign in an effort to stifle a political campaign.

Leftists should be ecstatic about these rallies. If ChicomFluV19 is truly like the Black Plague on steroids, but knows the difference between righteous protestors and EEEEEEEVIL fascist pigs, then the Trump supporters will all be sick and dying before November and Biden will win by a land slide. Heck, even without all the death and destruction the spikes in cases will be justification to kill the economy further with more shut downs and mail in fraud. Sounds like a win win for the DNC.

The rallies are nothing more than fund raising. DJT could give a rats ass if he gets millions in donations and nobody shows up. When folks give up their $$ m, he got what he needed. He could give a shit if you show up, stream, watch TV or sit at home calling him a racist fuck.

Shoresy
06-21-2020, 02:36 PM
Hopefully reserving tickets required paying for tickets. If not that will change ASAFP. Would be ironic if the Twatter retards spent good money making donations to the Trump campaign in an effort to stifle a political campaign.

The one in Cinci last summer did not (had to have a free ticket to get in, could reserve up to two per person).

TAZ
06-21-2020, 03:47 PM
The one in Cinci last summer did not (had to have a free ticket to get in, could reserve up to two per person).

That’s not smart on DJT’s side. Even if tickets were $5 that’s a good way to raise some $$ and keep imbeciles from you opponents camp being able to stifle your campaign without giving you money to use against them.

Zincwarrior
06-21-2020, 04:28 PM
That’s not smart on DJT’s side. Even if tickets were $5 that’s a good way to raise some $$ and keep imbeciles from you opponents camp being able to stifle your campaign without giving you money to use against them.

There may be tax and election consequences as that would likely count as a political contribution.

Joe S
06-22-2020, 08:33 AM
There may be tax and election consequences as that would likely count as a political contribution.

Not that I'm particularly keen to help the large orange toddler....

Doesn't seem that hard to me to have folks secure a ticket by paying $10 online, and be handed $10 when they walk in the rally.

Zincwarrior
06-22-2020, 08:47 AM
Not that I'm particularly keen to help the large orange toddler....

Doesn't seem that hard to me to have folks secure a ticket by paying $10 online, and be handed $10 when they walk in the rally.

I don't know. Election law is completely squirrelly and I have no idea about much of it at all.
Note this day. On this day someone on the internet admitted they don't know what they are talking about!
:D

Joe S
06-22-2020, 09:03 AM
I don't know. Election law is completely squirrelly and I have no idea about much of it at all.
Note this day. On this day someone on the internet admitted they don't know what they are talking about!

As soon as I posted it, I thought, "For sure, there's some law intended to do something else that would prevent that".

Similarly, I can't imagine that an expensive lawyer in the field couldn't find a way to do something similar. But what do I know? (Two for one: I just admitted ignorance, also. Zincwarrior , should we start a political party or something?)

BehindBlueI's
06-22-2020, 11:12 AM
But what do I know? (Two for one: I just admitted ignorance, also. Zincwarrior , should we start a political party or something?)

I was going to make a joke about the "Know Nothing" party name already being claimed some 70-80-ish years ago, but it seemed like something I ought to leave for blues.

Caballoflaco
06-22-2020, 11:48 AM
I was going to make a joke about the "Know Nothing" party name already being claimed some 70-80-ish years ago, but it seemed like something I ought to leave for blues.

Those guys ended up going full blown Nazi in the 60’s.

blues
06-22-2020, 12:19 PM

fuhgeddaboudit

Lester Polfus
06-22-2020, 01:17 PM

You clearly don't understand how this internet thing is supposed to work...