PDA

View Full Version : Anybody lose their poverty pony?

SecondsCount
06-19-2020, 05:12 PM
Link to story (https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/2020/06/automatic-rifle-found-in-saline-area-intersection-by-passerby-turned-over-to-police.html)

YORK TWP., MI - A driver found an unexpected wrinkle in his commute to work Wednesday morning.

The man found an AR-15 rifle around 6:15 a.m. on June 17, in the middle of the intersection of Willis and Carpenter roads in York Township, a few miles southeast of Saline, Michigan State Police said.

The rifle was turned over to police, who said it was broken and non-operable. No identifying marks or serial numbers were found on the firearm, police said, making further investigation of the incident difficult.

Casual Friday
06-19-2020, 05:41 PM
Anderson and what looks like one of the low quality side charging uppers. Not surprised it didn't work.

Joe in PNG
06-19-2020, 05:44 PM
Keep your eye on Everygunpart...

DDTSGM
06-19-2020, 07:46 PM
IDK if I'd be in a hurry to destroy it before the body(s) are found. Semi-serious. Wrap it, log it, wait.

David C.
06-20-2020, 04:22 AM
Anderson and what looks like one of the low quality side charging uppers. Not surprised it didn't work.

You might be surprised how many Anderson lowers are used at Camp Perry with White Oak or Compass Lake uppers.

Norville
06-20-2020, 07:01 AM
No identifying marks or serial numbers?

WTF, you can practically read the SN in the picture....

GyroF-16
06-20-2020, 07:17 AM

That’s what I was thinking.

BehindBlueI's
06-20-2020, 07:45 AM

Plausible scenario:

PIO says: ...so we checked the serial number and found nothing. (meaning ran it for stolen and to see if it was listed in any prior reports)

Media hears: No identifying marks or serial numbers were found on the firearm

Casual Friday
06-20-2020, 08:06 AM
You might be surprised how many Anderson lowers are used at Camp Perry with White Oak or Compass Lake uppers.

I probably wouldn't be surprised at all.

fatdog
06-20-2020, 09:29 AM
I have only seen one AR in person that was run over by a vehicle. Accident at a range I belong to, it was empty and laying on the deck of an SUV, fell out of the vehicle because guy thought he could move from bay to bay with his lift gate open, bounced on the road and was run over immediately by another vehicle behind him who never saw it fall or saw it in the road.

It broke in exactly the same place this one appeared to, buffer tube snapped at the stock (also a carbine stock) and of course buffer and spring went a different direction. Rest of the rifle survived and the guy told me later that all he had to do was replace the buffer tube to bring it back into operation.

I am going to guess this bounced out of bubba's truck and he was unaware, and then it got run over, he has no idea where he lost it.