PDA

View Full Version : Gun Cleanin Solutions

SmokeJumper
03-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Ok, just got back from a work range session and we are now using Gunzilla cleaning solution. It's supposed to be all natural, environmentally safe etc. We've been told it is a cleaner and lubricant. So after cleaning, I was instructed to not utilize any Break-Free as I have in the past for weapon lubrication after cleaning. I'm a bit skeptical on the cleaner/lube combo. Anyone have any experience with this cleaner? Good/bad/indifferent? Thanks
http://www.gunzilla.us/contact.htm

turbolag23
03-17-2011, 08:15 AM
I've seen that stuff at gun shows before, I'm a bit skeptical of the claims as well. Everyone selling something is going to tell you theirs is the best and has all these great attributes like its natural and safe for the environment. The demo I saw the guy told me its what they use in the "sand box" and works better than everything else. I'd be interested if anyone has any actual experience with it.

JV_
03-17-2011, 08:21 AM
It's supposed to be all natural, environmentally safe etc. I like to review the MSDS sheets when folks make these claims. That's available on their web site.

Compare it to something like MPro7:
http://www.mpro7.com/documents/M-Pro%207%20Gun%20Cleaner%20MSDS.pdf

JV_
03-17-2011, 01:10 PM
I like to review the MSDS sheets when folks make these claims. That's available on their web site.

The MSDS for Gunzilla doesn't appear as a link on their websiteIt sure does, that's how I found it:

http://www.gunzilla.us/index.htm
Left hand side: Gunzilla MSDS Page (Orange Text)

SmokeJumper
03-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Well, I can say that it definitely cleaned well, still not sure as to the lubricating properties of it. We've always use Break-Free at work and I've always had good results with it as a lubricant and Hoppes #9 as a cleaning solvent. I see that a lot of guys are using the Slip2000 and Weapon Shield cleaner/lubricants. I may try Slip 2000 on my own just for kicks.

Kyle Reese
03-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Go for it- you won't regret it.

Well, I can say that it definitely cleaned well, still not sure as to the lubricating properties of it. We've always use Break-Free at work and I've always had good results with it as a lubricant and Hoppes #9 as a cleaning solvent. I see that a lot of guys are using the Slip2000 and Weapon Shield cleaner/lubricants. I may try Slip 2000 on my own just for kicks.

John Ralston
03-21-2011, 09:25 AM
The one thing that Break Free does really well is protect against rust. It blows everything else away. If you have ever found rust to be a problem for you, I would still wipe the weapon down with Break Free.

BCL
03-21-2011, 10:21 AM
I've used weaponshield clp for years now, as well as the (relatively) new weaponshield grease. Both have worked really well for me, so i've never felt the need to try anything else.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

JonInWA
03-29-2011, 06:46 PM
I've been using Weapons Shield as a general lube, Mil-Comm's Bore Cleaner/Degreaser for cleaning/GSR removal, and Mil-Comm's TW25B for grease applications for the past several years, and been exceptionally pleased with them.

Best, Jon

SmokeJumper
04-01-2011, 03:27 PM
I've been using Weapons Shield as a general lube, Mil-Comm's Bore Cleaner/Degreaser for cleaning/GSR removal, and Mil-Comm's TW25B for grease applications for the past several years, and been exceptionally pleased with them.

Best, Jon

I'm going to research the grease a bit. I've been using Tetra Lube grease on some long gun applications. Thanks for the info.