PDA

View Full Version : Please for the love of God can we get Dagga Boy AKA Darryl Bolke on Rogan's Podcast

Serpico1985
06-19-2020, 06:33 AM
I like Joe Rogan even though he says a lot of stupid shit. He is a massive influence online and in the culture.

How awesome would it be for Darryl Bolke AKA Dagga Boy to go on Joe's podcast and set him straight on modern policing? I would literally have a party and invite friends over to watch it. I know this will never happen because it's to good to be true, but right now we need articulate cops with a pedigree of experience like Mr. Bolke's out there defending us. There is sooooooooooo much nonsense and misinformation about police circulating right now. A lot of it is even being spouted by generally pro law and order types and that it is sickening.

In the words of Audioslave

"I will pray to the gods and the angels, like a pagan, to anyone who will make this podcast happen"

In all seriousness the disconnect between public perception and the reality of what cops do everyday is staggering. I know its been like that forever. But seeing this happen would motivate me to keep going for a good long while. I am being totally selfish. I apologize.

Joe S
06-19-2020, 07:27 AM
I thought similar this morning about Ellifritz.

Given the amount of messages Rogan receives, might be easier to go through one of his buddies who reads more M of their mail. Like Jocko Willink or Andy Stumpf. Or Sam Harris. Worth noting that I believe Harris had Scott Reitz on his podcast once.

Even better if someone here knows a friend of his. Any BJJ guys know Bravo, or anyone know guys from Onnit? How about does anyone know Goggins or Willink or any NSW guys to drop a message? Maybe someone has a loose connection to Dakota Meyer?

okie john
06-19-2020, 07:34 AM
Has anyone run this past Darryl?

Okie John

Joe S
06-19-2020, 07:44 AM
I reached out to someone I know in folk music, see if she knew either of the Honey Honey folks, no dice.

Serpico1985
06-19-2020, 09:00 AM

Okie John

Good point. Again I apologize for just spouting off personal desires and wishes. Don't know if he would do it or if it would even be possible. I'm just a big fan of his and he explains stuff in a clear professional manner.

Joe S
06-19-2020, 12:06 PM

Okie John

I was thinking of it more in general terms, to get someone that is well known and respected in the tactical community to get the knowledge out there. While it certainly involves an element of risk for them, it probably also means a huge bump in exposure and income (class enrollment, readership, expert witness gigs).

LittleLebowski
06-19-2020, 12:25 PM
I’d like to see Giving Back on there.

LittleLebowski
06-19-2020, 12:26 PM
Uncle Pat Rogers would have been awesome on Rogan.

Odin Bravo One
06-19-2020, 12:34 PM

Don’t know that I’d have much to say...... as the Prophet Paul Simon once wrote: “all I suggest, still the man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest.”

I can call the JKO, but doubt that will be enough to get me a slot on Joe Rogan’s podcast.........

LittleLebowski
06-19-2020, 01:03 PM
Don’t know that I’d have much to say...... as the Prophet Paul Simon once wrote: “all I suggest, still the man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest.”

I can call the JKO, but doubt that will be enough to get me a slot on Joe Rogan’s podcast.........

I’d say your charity work would be enough, but I’d recommend doing another hunting season to get your ducks in a row and figure out your future goals, because the moment you hit Rogan, GivingBackUSA will explode.

jetfire
06-19-2020, 01:05 PM

I'm pretty sure he knows Jocko at least casually, I feel like that's our best bet

Edit: I should read the fucking thread before I reply, jesus. I need a vacation

David S.
06-19-2020, 01:43 PM
I seem to recall Uncle Scotty has done Sam Harris’s podcast. He’s be a good candidate too. Plus he’s local.

Totem Polar
06-19-2020, 01:51 PM
Greg E would be a viable option for an email writing campaign, since he just released an interesting, idiosyncratic book that’s available from the devil on Amazon. (https://www.amazon.com/Choose-Adventure-Travel-Dangerous-Places-ebook/dp/B087BNB647/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1FOLB2ZZ6IWWH&dchild=1&keywords=greg+ellifritz&qid=1592690368&sprefix=Greg+ell%2Caps%2C144&sr=8-1)

Who’s in?

TAZ
06-19-2020, 03:15 PM
I’d love to have someone on the show and would write letters to help the process. However, I’m not too keen on volunteering someone who don’t want to be there :)

UNM1136
06-19-2020, 04:16 PM
Giving Back and Dagga Boy. Hell yeah. If you are willing to do the JRE thing I would actually subscribe. Smart shit doesn't allways be recognized as smart shit, unless a broader audiance recognizes the thought involved. You both have experience to share...Relevant. And those of us who have sat at your interweb knees for the last few years, or decades, listening for wisdom want to hear more.

pat

UNM1136
06-19-2020, 04:17 PM
I seem to recall Uncle Scotty has done Sam Harris’s podcast. He’s be a good candidate too. Plus he’s local.

Another I would unhesitating support.

pat

HCountyGuy
06-20-2020, 04:53 PM
After watching the most recent Civilian Carry Radio featuring DB, Chuck Haggard, Wayne Dobs and JLW I emphatically support the idea of seeing about getting one of them on Joe Rogan’s Podcast. Preferably the sooner the better IMO.

WDR
06-20-2020, 04:57 PM
It seems to me there is a lot of cart before the horse going on here...

TheNewbie
06-20-2020, 05:21 PM
How about Scott Reitz?

36trap is friends with Ed Calderon, who was on the Joe Rogan Podcast. Maybe that would be an avenue.

Chuck Haggard, Wayne Dobbs, etc would do well. BBIs and I may not agree on everything, but I think he would do a great job.

RevolverRob
06-20-2020, 05:51 PM
I would strongly suggest that anyone who is currently drawing a paycheck from an employer of any kind, but especially from a local, regional, state, or federal governmental entity - Not only decline any invitation to appear on a podcast, but run, screaming, the other way. I like Rogan's podcast okay, kind of like I like Joe Rogan okay. But anything said on a publicly available podcast can come back to bite you hard with an employer. So, I would not want to be formally drawing a check from anyone, nor currently be considering applying to any positions for the same reasons.

If, on the other hand, one is writing checks to themselves, and doing their own thing - Then by all means.

I, myself, refuse to appear on things like this. I've been asked a few times to do a Podcast and once to do a radio interview. I declined each time, because I can be gaffe prone. I need a script and time to prepare. I do not like being recorded, because recordings can be removed from their contexts. My philosophy is this: remember that anything you say or do in a widely disseminated verbal or video format can and will be Meme'd against you.

Serpico1985
06-22-2020, 01:49 PM
All the folks mentioned of course would be great. I think the particular draw of DB was the Southern California angle.

Poconnor
06-22-2020, 02:26 PM
Uncle Pat Rogers would have been awesome on Rogan.
I wish I could like this multiple times. I would love to hear DB on Rogan. Can anybody anybody link up DB with Jocko Willink?

TOTS
06-22-2020, 09:30 PM
Or how much fun would it be to have Joe Rogan sit in on a Primary and Secondary modcast!!?? I’m picturing him asking a question anyway getting an answer from Chuck Pressburg!!

Erick Gelhaus
06-23-2020, 07:27 AM
How about Scott Reitz?

Chuck Haggard, Wayne Dobbs, etc would do well.

Scotty has done a couple podcasts and now, with Bret, has his own.

Chuck H, Wayne, Darryl, and JLW have already dropped the first of what sounds to be a multi-part episode on Civilian Carry Radio about this subject. Granted, that doesn't have the reach of Rogan.

LittleLebowski
06-23-2020, 08:28 PM
Tiffany Johnson would be wonderful on there.

Lex Luthier
06-23-2020, 08:44 PM

Agreed. She speaks really well, and is not strident while making a point.

Tiffany Johnson
06-23-2020, 08:52 PM
Tiffany Johnson would be wonderful on there.Uh oh... What'd I miss? LOL
Let me get caught up...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

LittleLebowski
06-23-2020, 08:54 PM
Uh oh... What'd I miss? LOL
Let me get caught up...

We need you on the Joe Rogan podcast, kay thanks :D

LittleLebowski
06-23-2020, 08:54 PM

Tamara

frozentundra
06-23-2020, 11:05 PM
Not to take anything away from Darryl, he's amazing, but if I could personally cast a single episode of JRE it would be Craig Douglass and Larry Lindenman.

I think Craig and Larry would really connect with Rogan on a MMA level, which is absolutely his thing. And of any high-profile platform, Rogan is probably uniquely positioned to understand and help proliferate the relevance of the Shivworks paradigm for LE (or anybody having to deal with real violence). This would be an awesome bridge to a broader conversation about keeping the peace in America. I think these two also have wide enough backgrounds (UC work, SWAT, training cops, running work, etc..) to engage in this broader conversation as well.

Cops need ECQC. People need cops who train ECQC. It's a win-win.

Plus.....Craig and Larry are probably used to getting together and tag-teaming guys like Rogan. Wide backgrounds indeed. I don't think Darryl can hold a candle here. Sorry Darryl. :cool:

Erick Gelhaus
06-24-2020, 12:14 PM
Having just listed to nearly 40 minutes of the Rogan interview with C Noir, it doesn't matter who gets on that podcast. Rogan is not salvageable.

Maybe there's another show with the kind of reach and a host who is willing to be educated.