PDA

View Full Version : M&P Shield Sticky Mag Release

Crews
06-18-2020, 07:28 AM
My Shield has developed an issue with a sticky mag release button. I will freely admit this is almost certainly a function of my negligence, this pistol is carried often but not shot frequently so the cleaning regimen is pretty sparse.

At first, the mag button was completely seized in place. Been trying to work it back and forth, with a small amount of CLP. It has freed up a bit, but it will still get hung up and I have to manually return it before a new mag will seat. CLP just doesn’t seem like the right thing to use for plastic on plastic?

Has anyone else had this problem? Suggestions on how I can get this remedies and prevent it from happening again? Thanks for the advice in advance PF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJ
06-18-2020, 07:34 AM
For removing crud etc. on polymer, you might try contact cleaner. I use it all the time on electronics etc. to clean switch gear. Same for automobile use. Comes with a tube for directing the stream. Evaporates quickly. Might be worth a shot (heh, sorry. :) ).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BXOGNI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Erick Gelhaus
06-18-2020, 08:49 AM
What about removing the magazine release and cleaning all of that out?

flyrodr
06-18-2020, 03:06 PM
Ditto on both the above. If a shot of cleaner doesn't get out the gunk and smooth up the release, it's pretty simple to remove, clean and reinstall. Plenty of youtube videos on how to do it.