PDA

View Full Version : P-Fondler tool (approved by LL)

GearFondler
06-10-2020, 02:22 PM
For those of us with much smaller budgets, for multi-function hammers, I have kept an earlier version of this in my truck, and patrol car, for a while:

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-55-099-FatMax-Functional-Utility/dp/B000FCGS0Y

The balance/heft does not inspire me to want to Name it, or to pack it around, in a daypack, but I reckoned I’d put it out there, for y’all’s consideration.Or you can do what I did...

Start with that Stanley Fubar (https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-55-099-FatMax-Functional-Utility/dp/B000FCGS0Y) and grind the fuck out of it. I knocked off over 2lbs of steel and 3" of length making it a lot more portable:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200610/8460611469a90353c4d7870478fb78f1.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200610/3c0a64909de3dc32b913f874d8c4263e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200610/75525ff54932ab6673db5a0bab0f8c68.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200610/6428de447f4f8081ae7fa62db8e85428.jpg

MGW
06-10-2020, 02:57 PM
So, both YVK and Talionis told me tonight to come check out what Craig is up to in this thread. Gone from simple larping to serious tools. No disrespect to his shooting, but if Craig came after me with that hammer, I don’t know what I would do.

I don't know what you would do but I'm pretty sure I would MUC myself.

I had no desire for a Rattler until this thread. Now I'm pretty sure I need a collapsible sledgehammer too.

SouthNarc
06-10-2020, 07:17 PM
Or you can do what I did...

Start with that Stanley Fubar and grind the fuck out of it. I knocked off over 2lbs of steel and 3" of length making it a lot more portable:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200610/8460611469a90353c4d7870478fb78f1.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200610/3c0a64909de3dc32b913f874d8c4263e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200610/75525ff54932ab6673db5a0bab0f8c68.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200610/6428de447f4f8081ae7fa62db8e85428.jpg

Dude those are nice! What don't you do a P/F run and make a little money?

GearFondler
06-11-2020, 02:02 PM
This thing is gonna need a name.
See below...

GearFondler - did you make these over on The Usual Suspects forum? I remember seeing these years ago!
Yes sir, that was me. :cool:
I’d buy one for each car (2). I prefer grey but as you mention the finish will only last until first use. Lol!I could do Grey, no problem. And the finish isn't quite that bad, but yeah, it doesn't stay virgin for long... I mean, what easy and affordable finish could survive hammer blows and crowbar action? Hell, what finish period, lol?
I thought these looked familiar!:cool:
P/F-U-Bar

:cool:I called them UberTac Fubars when I last made them but your suggestion is pretty cool... I'm just not sure exactly how to say it, lol.

Also note, fellas... I work nights during the week so my schedule is different than most folks. I'm usually not around for comms until the afternoons and with driving as my job I may not respond until later that night.

RevolverRob
06-11-2020, 02:17 PM
If they are potentially going to be the "P-F-U-Bar" (PFUB?) - One we better check with management LittleLebowski - if it's okay to use P-F in the name. Two - it's gotta be black and orange. I think black body - orange wrap.

GearFondler
06-11-2020, 02:50 PM
If they are potentially going to be the "P-F-U-Bar" (PFUB?) - One we better check with management LittleLebowski - if it's okay to use P-F in the name. Two - it's gotta be black and orange. I think black body - orange wrap.I'm not here to break any rules... Especially over something trivial like the name of this thing.
Regarding the orange wrap... I bed-liner spray the cord for durability and grip but I could spray it orange afterwards, it just adds more time for another layer of paint and drying.
If I was home in the evenings it would be no big deal, but only being there on the weekends makes the process frustratingly long.
I may need to see if I can get my talented daughter to help me out with some of the spraying in between the weekends.

SeriousStudent
06-11-2020, 04:59 PM
Why not call it The Fondler?

Norville
06-11-2020, 05:22 PM
Why not call it The Fondler?

Or maybe the Pfondler? Or does that bring back trademark issues...

GearFondler
06-14-2020, 04:09 PM
SouthNarc, I have yours ground and primed... Now I'm waiting for the Paracord to come in (I use the good stuff, Atwood Cord, made in USA).
Sourcing supplies right now is difficult and just finding the Fubars themselves has been tough... Hopefully Home Depot will ship me some straight to my house as they no longer carry them in store, nor does Ace Hardware.
I left more meat on this one, about 5oz more steel, mostly in the head, so it would deliver more force with each blow.
I've been instantly reminded why I quit making these... It's a pain in the ass working on already tempered steel! Grind, dunk, grind, dunk, Drill, sharpen bit, drill, sharpen bit, Grrrrrrr.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200614/91802e12841deb0cbe8bf01f67f50d1d.jpg

orionz06
06-14-2020, 05:28 PM
Wow... You guys are awesome. I've made them before for a knife forum but it's been years ago.
Each one takes me around 8 hours to build with the last hour or two spread out for the paint to dry between layers. And since I'm only home on the weekends (I'm a truck driver) it usually takes 3 weekends to get one finished due to drying times. And that's if things around the house don't need too much maintenance, which never happens, lol. In other words, it won't be a fast process.

A few more details on the tool itself:

-The tool now measures 14.75" long which makes it over 3" shorter than stock and more importantly it now weighs 41 oz (2.5 lbs) which is down from 74 oz.... a total savings of over 2 lbs.

-The modded FUBAR is still plenty heavy enough to deliver a devastating blow but now it doesn't feel like you need to be Thor to swing it all day.

-The thinned and narrowed pry arm on the top would probably penetrate a skull with little trouble but I haven't found a volunteer test subject yet.

-The stock grip has been replaced with two layers of paracord wrap (inner flat/outer round) and then sprayed over with bed-liner.

-The "sheet-rock cutting section" between the hammer and the grip is much thinner and sharper now... you can grab it barehanded in complete safety but it can still split wood.

-The shortened and reshaped pry tip on the bottom may not be as useful as before but saves a lot of weight and length and it also allows the tool to lay completely flat. And it doesn't risk lacerating your arm when swinging the head.

-The super-simple cord wrap is very comfortable to hold on to with bare hands and with the sprayed on bed-liner the cord becomes hard and fairly durable.

-The entire bar has been sprayed with bed-liner, then painted. Cerakote would be more "tacti-cool" but would be much more expensive and probably still chip off just as easily.

-The ÜberTac Fubar looks totally bad-ass without screaming "dangerous weapon".

Disclaimers:

-My grinding and painting skills are not professional level but I believe that the beauty of a tool lies not in how it looks but how it performs. Keep this in mind if you demand perfection because I am not perfect... you will see some grind marks if you look for them and my painting is done via rattle can.

-Properly using this tool ensures that it will get scratched all to hell and back, right down to the bare metal... I can't prevent this and neither could the folks at Stanley. Also, the bed-liner tends to chip if you smack hard metal objects but that's just the nature of the finish... it holds up rather well to softer things like wood and plastic. Expect to have to respray it yourself if you want to keep it IG Fresh or if rust becomes an issue.

With all that said, price and payment is the last issue. The Fubar itself is almost $40, plus consumable grinder attachments, paint, etc... Most of it I already have but each Fubar is $50-60 dollars just in parts. Add in the time required for each (around 8 hours) and I can't really charge what it actually costs me and I wouldn't feel right even if I could. I'm also very hesitant to take money up front as that is never a good idea for a maker or the customer... It's often a trip down the Butthurt Highway.
That said, if you think it's worth $250 shipped to you, and if you have read everything I detailed regarding the tool itself, and that it may be months getting them all made, I'll accept a $50 down payment to cover the materials cost and hold your spot. I will limit my list to a max of 20 tools for now as that is all I am willing to commit to at this time. PM me if you are interested. SouthNarc, you stepped up first and I have one new Fubar at home already so I'll start on yours this weekend. I'll pm you later this week about the handle change you requested.

I'll grab one, grey if possible.

GearFondler
06-14-2020, 05:42 PM
I'll grab one, grey if possible.Send me an email and I'll add you to the list.

I don't want to box myself into a corner with really long waits so I'm going to ask anyone interested to PM their desire and I'll add you to the list. When I'm ready I'll contact you to send me a $50 deposit to cover my cost to buy the Fubar and then another $200 when it's ready to ship. I think that's the best way to be fair to myself and to you.

SouthNarc
06-14-2020, 11:06 PM
SouthNarc, I have yours ground and primed... Now I'm waiting for the Paracord to come in (I use the good stuff, Atwood Cord, made in USA).
Sourcing supplies right now is difficult and just finding the Fubars themselves has been tough... Hopefully Home Depot will ship me some straight to my house as they no longer carry them in store, nor does Ace Hardware.
I left more meat on this one, about 5oz more steel, mostly in the head, so it would deliver more force with each blow.
I've been instantly reminded why I quit making these... It's a pain in the ass working on already tempered steel! Grind, dunk, grind, dunk, Drill, sharpen bit, drill, sharpen bit, Grrrrrrr.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200614/91802e12841deb0cbe8bf01f67f50d1d.jpg

Dude that’s pure sex!!! Keep going please!!

GearFondler
06-15-2020, 03:35 AM
Dude that’s pure sex!!! Keep going please!!
Thanks... I'm going to try to make as many as circumstances, my weekends, the weather, and whatever new catastrophe strikes us allows.

underhook
06-15-2020, 08:56 AM
This one.

https://ratools.com/product/titan-titanium-prybar/

They do sell to general public
PB15-TS
15” RatBar Titanium Straight
Retail Price: $150.00

PB19-T
19” RatBar Titanium
Retail Price $265.00

PB22-TS
22” RatBar Titanium Straight
Retail Price $278.00

SouthNarc
06-15-2020, 09:09 AM
They do sell to general public
PB15-TS
15” RatBar Titanium Straight
Retail Price: $150.00

PB19-T
19” RatBar Titanium
Retail Price $265.00

PB22-TS
22” RatBar Titanium Straight
Retail Price $278.00

Got a box coming from them.

Grey
06-15-2020, 10:02 AM
Got a box coming from them.Has all the cool toys.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

underhook
06-15-2020, 10:46 AM
Got a box coming from them.

I told them C.D. sent me. They clearly know you!

SouthNarc
06-15-2020, 04:07 PM
Has all the cool toys.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Well.....YEAH.

SouthNarc
06-15-2020, 04:08 PM
I told them C.D. sent me. They clearly know you!

Well....YEAH.

LittleLebowski
06-15-2020, 04:41 PM
Folks, GearFondler contacted me about this and was straight up, this thread is fine by me.

Cecil Burch
06-15-2020, 04:47 PM
That looks great!

SouthNarc
06-15-2020, 05:21 PM
Word.

GearFondler
06-16-2020, 04:43 AM
Thank you LittleLebowski for the thread move and the permission.

To the rest of you, just be aware that if you show people this thing and tell them it's your P-Fondler Tool expect some uncomfortable looks.

UNM1136
06-16-2020, 07:38 AM
Gearfondler,

I have had a Fubar on my bailout bag since my first Level 1 ALERRT course. Will you work on a stock Fubar (https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-55-099-FatMax-Functional-Utility/dp/B000FCGS0Y) that I send you?

pat

Wingate's Hairbrush
06-16-2020, 10:42 AM
Pardon my dumb: is this a weapon, multitool, bit o' both or more? As someone who appreciates metalworking, it's an impressive transformation and looks sweet -- frankly, I want one just based on that, so kudos.

What are the top three expected uses?

UNM1136
06-16-2020, 10:46 AM
Pardon my dumb: is this a weapon, multitool, bit o' both or more? As someone who appreciates metalworking, it's an impressive transformation and looks sweet -- frankly, I want one just based on that, so kudos.

Breaching, breaching, and smacking the crap out of someone who really needs it.

My Fubar (https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-55-099-FatMax-Functional-Utility/dp/B000FCGS0Y) on my bail out bag is intended to be the breeching setup I don't currently have.

pat

Wingate's Hairbrush
06-16-2020, 11:04 AM
Breeching, breeching, and smacking the crap out of someone who really needs it...The latter technically also breeching, yes? ;)

Thank you for explaining...

UNM1136
06-16-2020, 11:15 AM
The latter technically also breeching, yes? ;)

Thank you for explaining...

The ALERRT level 1 course includes in extremis breeching, and hostage rescue, previously the domain of SWAT.

I have no problems breaching a skull when necessary, even with such a rounded tool as a flashlight.

The ALERRT ERASE course goes even farther into giving patrol cops more training in in extremis rescues.

I literally just within the last two weeks watched a fire crew with a hammer (the back of an axe head) and a Halligan tool breech the door of a fast food restaurant firebombed. By peaceful protesters. Damned protesters, burning down a restaurant because the logo is a white girl with red hair....

pat

GearFondler
06-16-2020, 01:15 PM
Gearfondler,

I have had a Fubar on my bailout bag since my first Level 1 ALERRT course. Will you work on a stock Fubar (https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-55-099-FatMax-Functional-Utility/dp/B000FCGS0Y) that I send you?

pat

Sure, if you wanted to mail it to me I'd knock off $40 from the total... I'd just charge $210 when it was finished.

Rex G
06-17-2020, 06:19 AM

The “parent” thread, in which this discussion started, is in the Rifles/Carbine section. SouthNarc’s breaching hammer, being visible, in his pack, with his SIG Rattler, started the the sidebar discussion, which took on a life of its own.

I bought several of an earlier version of the Stanley FUBAR; one for the home/family, one for my personal vehicle, which I carried with me on patrol, and at least one more, gifted to a colleague, on my patrol shift. The original device is a pry bar, nail puller, hammer, hook, and something I cannot name, but is used to grab a piece of warped lumber, and pull/twist it into place while constructing things, or, grab a piece of lumber, and pull/twist, while destructing things. These are the non-emergency uses that come to mind. The emergency uses would include breaching, and rescue of folks trapped inside structures, in a situation ranging from a weather event or fire, to a mass-homicidal event. Some killers have barricaded doors/windows, and, even if that is not the case, one may need to force entry through a normally-locked door or window, or go right through a wall.

If a home or other structure has been hardened, at the doors and windows, for security, one may elect to create a field-expedient door.

The device, itself, has shifted, somewhat, from my originals. At one point, there were two or three sizes available, if I recall correctly.

One problem, with the tool, itself: The tool, as sold by the BORG (Big Orange Retail Giant) is not only heavy, but its balance makes it unwieldy. It is FAR heavier than a carpenter’s framing hammer. GearFondler’s modifications should help remedy this, though the capability of pulling nails and twisting lumber would be removed. Arguably, one should have an original version, for the home and/or vehicle, while sending another to GearFondler, for conversion to the backpack version. ;)

GearFondler
06-17-2020, 02:23 PM
The “parent” thread, in which this discussion started, is in the Rifles/Carbine section. SouthNarc’s breaching hammer, being visible, in his pack, with his SIG Rattler, started the the sidebar discussion, which took on a life of its own.

I bought several of an earlier version of the Stanley FUBAR; one for the home/family, one for my personal vehicle, which I carried with me on patrol, and at least one more, gifted to a colleague, on my patrol shift. The original device is a pry bar, nail puller, hammer, hook, and something I cannot name, but is used to grab a piece of warped lumber, and pull/twist it into place while constructing things, or, grab a piece of lumber, and pull/twist, while destructing things. These are the non-emergency uses that come to mind. The emergency uses would include breaching, and rescue of folks trapped inside structures, in a situation ranging from a weather event or fire, to a mass-homicidal event. Some killers have barricaded doors/windows, and, even if that is not the case, one may need to force entry through a normally-locked door or window, or go right through a wall.

If a home or other structure has been hardened, at the doors and windows, for security, one may elect to create a field-expedient door.

The device, itself, has shifted, somewhat, from my originals. At one point, there were two or three sizes available, if I recall correctly.

One problem, with the tool, itself: The tool, as sold by the BORG (Big Orange Retail Giant) is not only heavy, but its balance makes it unwieldy. It is FAR heavier than a carpenter’s framing hammer. GearFondler’s modifications should help remedy this, though the capability of pulling nails and twisting lumber would be removed. Arguably, one should have an original version, for the home and/or vehicle, while sending another to GearFondler, for conversion to the backpack version. ;)That's a great summation... The original Fubar Extreme that I build these from is almost 5lbs and very awkward to use one handed due to the excessive weight and balance.
My version improves the size and balance at the expense of raw destructive power due to the weight loss. I also remove the lower jaw which only functions as a board bender and extra mass... Board benders are awesome for construction work but not really needed for breaching.
Chopping off the extended pry bar at the bottom also reduces the OAL by 3" and drops more weight... Important considerations for a bag tool.
I should also mention that the basic Fubar-chop idea was not originally mine, someone else thought of it first and posted it around the internet, but I humbly submit that I took their basic idea and pushed it as far as I was capable of.

GearFondler
06-20-2020, 07:26 PM
Update time...
SouthNarc, here's your finished kit, it just needs a few more days to finish curing the bed liner.
I'm not thrilled with the finish (it includes one of my trademark paint drips) and it's nearly impossible (for me anyway) to prevent little paint dings here and there, but I'm basically just a monkey with a rattle can. I expect it will look quite a bit rougher once you try it out.
I'm also including a secondary pry tool... A few years ago an LEO friend of mine in Jersey asked me to make him a vest-portable pry tool to help him out on the job and this is what I came up with. It starts as a 10" Trim Bar tool and I mod it a bit, reshaping the pry tips and removing the nail countersinker. It fits perfectly in Molle loops so it can be carried on any tactical nylon.
It's a useful little tool and it struck me that it should make an outstanding partner to the Fubar as you would have the Fubar's hammer to really drive this thing into some shit. Between the two I don't see many normal doors or windows resisting for long.

If others are interested in the small pry tool they can have one added to their order for another $60.
Craig, yours is complimentary because you are a Moderator in here, your interest got me to even consider doing these again, and because I want your feedback on how well it all works. Cecil Burch, I'll be adding a the small pry tool to your order as well since you're also a Mod. Paul Sharp, you Mod in this forum as well so let me know if you're interested in the Small Pry Tool and I'll send you one. LittleLebowski, I'd also be happy to send you a Small Pry Tool if you desire as a thank you for being so generous with this thread.
You guys just send me a PM or reply in here.

Here's some pics to show everyone...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200621/d9852471da0236aa8b03d1b9259715cd.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200621/b6a9d57590b2cb70da7db74f6fd0898c.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200621/9f59fc289db31ae20bbce919cc003c63.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200621/0b06c8478c360e469f8ff05702dfba5f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200621/4808010133f2b197860c5a5db7c1a3b6.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200621/7260cd771468c145f71c07d1abc9e018.jpg

SouthNarc
06-21-2020, 06:05 AM
Update time...
SouthNarc, here's your finished kit, it just needs a few more days to finish curing the bed liner.
I'm not thrilled with the finish (it includes one of my trademark paint drips) and it's nearly impossible (for me anyway) to prevent little paint dings here and there, but I'm basically just a monkey with a rattle can. I expect it will look quite a bit rougher once you try it out.
I'm also including a secondary pry tool... A few years ago an LEO friend of mine in Jersey asked me to make him a vest-portable pry tool to help him out on the job and this is what I came up with. It starts as a 10" Trim Bar tool and I mod it a bit, reshaping the pry tips and removing the nail countersinker. It fits perfectly in Molle loops so it can be carried on any tactical nylon.
It's a useful little tool and it struck me that it should make an outstanding partner to the Fubar as you would have the Fubar's hammer to really drive this thing into some shit. Between the two I don't see many normal doors or windows resisting for long.

If others are interested in the small pry tool they can have one added to their order for another $60.
Craig, yours is complimentary because you are a Moderator in here, your interest got me to even consider doing these again, and because I want your feedback on how well it all works. Cecil Burch, I'll be adding a the small pry tool to your order as well since you're also a Mod. Paul Sharp, you Mod in this forum as well so let me know if you're interested in the Small Pry Tool and I'll send you one. LittleLebowski, I'd also be happy to send you a Small Pry Tool if you desire as a thank you for being so generous with this thread.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200621/d9852471da0236aa8b03d1b9259715cd.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200621/b6a9d57590b2cb70da7db74f6fd0898c.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200621/0b06c8478c360e469f8ff05702dfba5f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200621/4808010133f2b197860c5a5db7c1a3b6.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200621/7260cd771468c145f71c07d1abc9e018.jpg

Dude I think they both look GREAT and thanks very much buddy!:)

David S.
06-21-2020, 08:18 AM
I'm curious how many hours it takes to re- craft one of these things. I'm sure there's some extra involved in development.

Also, did you see this Vaughan Demo Hammer (https://www.amazon.com/Vaughan-050042-Global-Demolition-Hammer/dp/B078TLVMZM/ref=pd_sbs_469_1/130-0109798-6625613?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B078TLVMZM&pd_rd_r=5092eb91-6487-4020-8f74-f2ea2c78307d&pd_rd_w=p04VH&pd_rd_wg=iISml&pf_rd_p=d28ef93e-22cf-4527-b60a-90c984b5663d&pf_rd_r=3AYPPR5T26F7PD1T4S03&psc=1&refRID=3AYPPR5T26F7PD1T4S03) as a base instead?

One of the top customer reviews (as it stands now) has a pic of the Vaughan and the FUBAR side by side. The Vaughan looks to already be about the size/weight that you're going for.

GearFondler
06-21-2020, 10:32 AM
I'm curious how many hours it takes to re- craft one of these things. I'm sure there's some extra involved in development.

Also, did you see this Vaughan Demo Hammer (https://www.amazon.com/Vaughan-050042-Global-Demolition-Hammer/dp/B078TLVMZM/ref=pd_sbs_469_1/130-0109798-6625613?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B078TLVMZM&pd_rd_r=5092eb91-6487-4020-8f74-f2ea2c78307d&pd_rd_w=p04VH&pd_rd_wg=iISml&pf_rd_p=d28ef93e-22cf-4527-b60a-90c984b5663d&pf_rd_r=3AYPPR5T26F7PD1T4S03&psc=1&refRID=3AYPPR5T26F7PD1T4S03) as a base instead?

One of the top customer reviews (as it stands now) has a pic of the Vaughan and the FUBAR side by side. The Vaughan looks to already be about the size/weight that you're going for.

Best case scenario, it takes me about 8 solid hours to make one of these... Add in rest breaks and normal sidetracks and distractions and it's an all-weekend project to grind one and then the next weekend to wrap and paint.
I originally made these back in 2011 when the Stanley Fubar was the only game on the block... Now there's a shit ton of variations from different companies but I haven't spent any time investigating those options... These are what I made and when I shared the pics in the Rattler thread there was unexpected interest. I honestly had no idea that folks would get so excited about them.
So, if those other options look like a good solution to anyone then go for it... It's certainly a lot cheaper than buying what I'm selling.

Cecil Burch
06-22-2020, 11:24 AM
Update time...

Those look amaze-balls! And thank you very much for your generosity.

OlongJohnson
06-23-2020, 02:50 PM
Amazon has the base tool available:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FCGS0Y/

GearFondler
06-23-2020, 02:57 PM
Amazon has the base tool available:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FCGS0Y/

Thanks... That particular seller wasn't listed last week.

OlongJohnson
06-23-2020, 03:06 PM
I'm not trying to stink in this thread, but as I looked at Amazon, some other obvious options came up. The Rattler leg humping thread has gone back on topic, so I figured this would be a better place to discuss. Maybe expand it to uses, etc.

The 55-119 Fubar is 2.5 lb and 15 in. long, pretty similar to what's discussed here.

There's also all the drywall hammers, although they obviously give up plenty in mass.

Or a non-tactical-appearing (non-"evil") hatchet could do a lot of work and be closer in mass to the P-Fondler.

Seems like any of those would be interesting COTS alternatives that look like something a grown up Boy Scout might carry in his truck (or her truck, since Scouts are doing that now).

jandbj
06-24-2020, 08:48 AM
Interested in more info on the smaller tool.

Already have some breaching equipment handy in the car, but I can envision uses for the little one when going back for the heavy stuff isn’t an option.

OlongJohnson
06-24-2020, 10:36 AM
Interested in more info on the smaller tool.

This is the one I mentioned.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QFDADS/

jandbj
06-24-2020, 10:39 AM
Sorry, I meant this one that GearFondler showed.

GearFondler
06-24-2020, 01:54 PM

I can tell you my LEO friend has been extremely happy with his for on-the-job problem solving. But he has to bust open shitty lock boxes and stuff like that when searching for drugs.
I can tell you it's a damned handy tool for general maintenance and repair around the house and garage. But it's not that much better than the stock version in this role.
The main advantage to my version is removing the unnecessary nail-pulling aspects of the tool and slimming it down so that it can be stowed in PALS webbing, allowing it to be easily vest carried.
And it's big enough to be a real tool on its own, unlike a lot of the fancier "pocket pry bars" that so many custom makers produce.

BobM
06-24-2020, 03:47 PM

That looks very handy

cmbarny2
06-24-2020, 06:25 PM
GearFondler would the one that Olong posted be a viable short cut to where you are already taking these? It SEEMS (from my super untalented eye) you could sharpen the pry end and cut/grind the board puller section and be just able to where you are? Or would that leave these actually too light weight then? Either way I'm going to end up being interested in a set.

GearFondler
06-25-2020, 04:29 AM
GearFondler would the one that Olong posted be a viable short cut to where you are already taking these? It SEEMS (from my super untalented eye) you could sharpen the pry end and cut/grind the board puller section and be just able to where you are? Or would that leave these actually too light weight then? Either way I'm going to end up being interested in a set.

I've made versions using the original, smaller Fubar and they aren't any good for breaking shit after I grind them down... Just too light. Perfect for swinging around busting skulls but War Hammers are a pretty niche category.

Clusterfrack
07-01-2020, 07:06 PM
Poor man’s PFondler:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200702/cbc93126a8ab8985ac4b25487f3325ee.jpg

GearFondler
07-01-2020, 08:21 PM
Poor man’s PFondler:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200702/cbc93126a8ab8985ac4b25487f3325ee.jpg

Well, that's definitely my first step. ;)

EPF
07-08-2020, 10:11 AM

So this little work of art arrived today. Now I can smash and break things with style.

UNK
07-11-2020, 10:28 AM
Not as small or handy

https://www.thepublicsafetystore.com/fire-hooks-unlimited-firemaxx-14-in-1-tool.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq-_88L_F6gIVBI7ICh1nXQIjEAQYBSABEgLH9vD_BwE

GearFondler
07-11-2020, 11:03 AM
Not as small or handy

https://www.thepublicsafetystore.com/fire-hooks-unlimited-firemaxx-14-in-1-tool.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq-_88L_F6gIVBI7ICh1nXQIjEAQYBSABEgLH9vD_BwE

57179Personally, I would have replaced the Rappelling Ring with a bottle opener.

GearFondler
07-18-2020, 01:27 PM
Have I mentioned that grinding down a Fubar can really suck?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200718/ef87b90c0f13583f078827cc2fc64131.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200718/51fc7ed9f3d23478b2ba4ddbcc8cae57.jpg

wvincent
07-30-2020, 02:10 PM
I ordered 2, they arrived today.
This one is mine.

The second one? Only PF Site Supporters know;)

GearFondler
08-23-2020, 03:30 PM
Just a quick update on progress... I've made 4 of them so far and am on the 5th right now.
Things like replacing the entire shower in my bedroom, rainy weekends, and this weekend's hurricane prep, have slowed me down but I'm still gradually making progress.
I'm trying to build up a Roland Special and this is how I'm paying for it so I'm just as motivated to get these done as you guys are to receive them... Thanks for your patience.

GearFondler
02-06-2021, 05:36 PM
Okay guys, one last update post:

My original list of people who signed up for these was 12 total. Everyone has now received theirs except 2 people who have backed out. However, I still had the materials purchased so I made the last 2 anyway. I'm now posting them here for anyone interested... First 2 takers get them.
I have zero plans to make any more of these at this time so here's your last chance. Perhaps in the future I'll make more but my spare time is very limited and making these things causes my tennis elbow to flare up.
$250 shipped, PP F&F, (can also do Apple Pay) US50, USPS Priority.
If you want it painted I can do gray, brown, OD, or sand... Just let me know.
Thanks everyone, and especially to those who already bought one. Special thanks to SouthNarc for encouraging me to make these, and to LittleLebowski for allowing me to post them here for sale.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210206/78c04f73ba0e4a6ab0d2dba2319db387.jpg