PDA

View Full Version : Comments on police budgets (culled from LE subforum thread)

LockedBreech
06-13-2020, 05:37 PM
"We believe police need higher training standards, more training in community diversity, more training in less-lethal methods, more training in subliminal bias, and greater less-lethal resources. That's why we're giving the police less money than they have right now, without all those things."

- A bunch of cities right now who literally cannot hear themselves talking.

Joe in PNG
06-13-2020, 05:40 PM
There's a hella lot of people who will be shocked in a few months when they are personally affected by the budget cuts they are calling for now.

Those weren't supposed to affect the quality of THEIR police service!!!

Poconnor
06-13-2020, 08:14 PM
Crazy. Maybe the city plans to turn over 1/6th of the city to Antifa so it will even out. What are they planning? Escape from New York the reality show? Next it will be Soylent green the cooking show. Bring on the scoops

TAZ
06-13-2020, 08:22 PM
There's a hella lot of people who will be shocked in a few months when they are personally affected by the budget cuts they are calling for now.

Problem is that there is greater than 75% chance (and I’m being conservative here) that the folks who need to be impacted by their decisions will not. The class of people pushing these agendas can afford a healthy crew of PMC’s to keep their assets and asses safe.

Borderland
06-13-2020, 08:46 PM

Do you think that might amp up gun sales, carry permits and SD classes? I don't personally know anyone who trains SD but I'm thinking that it might be a lucrative bidness in the not too distant future. Of course you would have to stay at a Holiday Inn and eat burgers but it might be money for nothing and chicks for free.

As an aside, I just went looking for a pretty common bullet, 9mm 124 FMJ ball. Looked in all my usual places, about 5, and nada. Now come on, there should be warehouses full of 9 mm ball, but there ain't. Did the nat'l guards place an order for 5 million rounds and the ammo companies suck it all up? I found some but damn, I had to drill deep. I'm glad i bought 20 lbs of powder before the SHTF.

Half Moon
06-13-2020, 08:51 PM

Whoa! You're... like saying, much of the public... will like infer some kind of linkage(???) with decisions the other side of the media event horizon???

You know they say goldfish only remember the last 30 seconds

TICK . . . . . . . . .

... say goldfish only remember the last 30 seconds

TICK. . . . . . . . . .

... Remember the last 30 seconds

TICK. . . . . . . . . .

... 30 seconds... something 30 seconds? Till the new Survivor airs? Love that show!

Borderland
06-13-2020, 09:20 PM
Whoa! You're... like saying, much of the public... will like infer some kind of linkage(???) with decisions the other side of the media event horizon???

You know they say goldfish only remember the last 30 seconds

TICK . . . . . . . . .

... say goldfish only remember the last 30 seconds

TICK. . . . . . . . . .

... Remember the last 30 seconds

TICK. . . . . . . . . .

... 30 seconds... something 30 seconds? Till the new Survivor airs? Love that show!

They're in a short media loop. :D

hufnagel
06-13-2020, 09:44 PM
I'll be curious to see if this mentality hits my small town.

Jeff22
06-14-2020, 09:04 PM
There might well be budget cuts caused by falling tax revenues caused by the economic shut down because of the COVID19 pandemic.