PDA

View Full Version : MI Gov: state police would kill black protesters

LittleLebowski
06-11-2020, 09:54 AM
This is a new low and it’s vile.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/06/10/gretchen-whitmer-i-dont-disagree-with-claim-michigan-police-would-kill-capitol-protesters-if-they-were-black/

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer indicated during an interview with The Root on Tuesday that black protesters would be killed by Michigan State Police if they attempted to “storm” the capitol building

Reporter Terrell Jermaine Starr brought up the “mostly white” armed protesters who entered the state capitol as legislators were recently debating whether to extend Whitmer’s state of emergency order.

“It is lawful to bring a gun into the capitol,” Whitmer said, adding she doesn’t control the capitol grounds.

The capitol complex is protected by the Michigan State Police, which also provides her security.

The governor said she prefers the law be changed to ban firearms from the building.

“How do you respond to people who say that if there were a group of black men who stormed the state capitol that they would have been dead?” Starr asked.

“I understand why people would say that,” Whitmer said grimly.

“And I don’t disagree.”

TheNewbie
06-11-2020, 09:59 AM
She’s a vile woman in many ways. It says something about the people who voted for her.

LittleLebowski
06-11-2020, 10:53 AM
What pisses me off about this, is that I personally marched upon my own state capital with armed black friends. I sincerely doubt that the MI state police are some sort of racist agency.

GyroF-16
06-11-2020, 10:58 AM
What pisses me off about this, is that I personally marched upon my own state capital with armed black friends. I sincerely doubt that the WA state police are some sort of racist agency.

Or in this case, the MI State Police.
And having grown up there, I would agree that it is not an inherently racist agency. Pretty troubling that the governor would imply that it is.

LittleLebowski
06-11-2020, 11:15 AM
The Michigan FOP decided to back Whitmer in 2018. Nice going.

https://www.gretchenwhitmer.com/michigan-fop-endorses-whitmer-for-governor/

TheNewbie
06-11-2020, 11:30 AM
The Michigan FOP decided to back Whitmer in 2018. Nice going.

https://www.gretchenwhitmer.com/michigan-fop-endorses-whitmer-for-governor/

I have little respect for any police unions.

First I am always concerned when GOVERNMENT employees unionize. It’s taxpayer money taken by threat of force. I’m not anti-tax or pro anarchy, but government unions still concern me.

Secondly, they often support those who look to benefit the group in the short term. As LE, we put society first and try to maintain order. We do not try to bleed them dry for amazing pension plans and endless raises.

Third, if you support a vile woman like that, then you get what you deserve.

Personally I think 90% of what the government does should be done totally, or mostly, by private groups. Maybe I am biased, but I think LE is a role for the government and cops should be paid really well. In my dream world there would be less government, less laws, and to get an LE job you would have to be highly qualified.

My dream world will not come true. Besides, last night I dreamed about showing my wife tornadoes, while another Mexican, doing construction work, said it was not really a tornado.

blues
06-11-2020, 11:30 AM
She's pandering is all she's doing. Playing to those who want to hear it.