PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Texas

skoro
05-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Just a newbie to the forum.

I've been shooting off and on for decades. I have both revolvers and semiautos. If pressed, I'd probably say the Colt 1911 is my favorite. But I sure do like the S&W k-frames, too. :)

JDM
05-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Welcome. Glad to have you.

JM Campbell
05-30-2012, 04:55 AM
Welcome Texan! If your in the SA area some time look me up and we can set up a group range trip.

JHC
05-30-2012, 07:34 AM
Welcome Texan! If your in the SA area some time look me up and we can set up a group range trip.

Welcome to the new Texan. You guys have one up on the rest of us. ;) Oh and skoro - excellent taste with the 1911s and K-frames!

And Skyline1: is the Blackhawk Range still operating down south of S.A.? That's where I shot mostly when I lived there '84 to '90. There weren't a lot of options back then as I recall.

JM Campbell
05-30-2012, 07:55 AM
Yes but I don't care for it much, haven't been in years. Last time I was there NDs to the left and right of the line and my target was peppered with 22 rounds....promptly informed staff and high tailed it out PDQ.

There is Bracken, Bexar Community Range, Lone Star Handgun (under construction), Black Hawk, Dietz, A Place To Shoot, Bullet Hole, Cedar Creek Range, and a few private member only ranges.

I mainly hit up Bracken and when NickA feels froggy he lets me shoot at his private range. I let him win at the drills so I get invited back ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

NickA
05-30-2012, 08:15 AM
There is Bracken, Bexar Community Range, Lone Star Handgun (under construction), Black Hawk, Dietz, A Place To Shoot, Bullet Hole, Cedar Creek Range, and a few private member only ranges.

I mainly hit up Bracken and when NickA feels froggy he lets me shoot at his private range. I let him win at the drills so I get invited back

Welcome skoro!
I'm very curious to see if the Lone Star indoor range gets going, it would be very convenient for me.
And just to be clear I don't have a private range, but I have access to a club range. If I had my own I'd actually be good ;)
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

JHC
05-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Yes but I don't care for it much, haven't been in years. Last time I was there NDs to the left and right of the line and my target was peppered with 22 rounds....promptly informed staff and high tailed it out PDQ.

I mainly hit up Bracken and when NickA feels froggy he lets me shoot at his private range. I let him win at the drills so I get invited back ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I recall the Blackhawk staff being a bit casual about such things way back then too. I do miss what they called then the plinking range which stretched out a hundred yards for long range pistol stuff. That's where I preferred to hide out from the masses on the lanes down in front of the proshop.