PDA

View Full Version : M&P trigger options?

poptopjr
05-26-2012, 09:51 PM
I have a full size M&P9. I now have an appendix holster on the way for daily carry. I do not have a thumb safety so I'm looking for a little stiffer trigger. Currently the pistol is in it's original configuration, I have not done any mod's. I went back to the archives to see how Todd had is M&P endurance gun set up, Mass compliant 10lb spring and a trigger job. I know about the DCAEK from Apex, but if my research is accurate it doesn't actually make the trigger any heavier. So, are there any other options and what is the general opinion for trigger options on the M&P.

My goal is a dependable, reliable gun for daily carry. The heavy trigger is intended to be an added measure of safety for appendix carry.

I look forward to the opinions and insights of a forum full of people with a lot more experience than myself.

Keith

Savage Hands
05-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Go with the DCAEK and add the Massachusetts trigger spring for a 6ish pound trigger.

MEH
05-27-2012, 06:37 AM
What shenanigans said. I'm running the Apex hardware plus a Mass TRS. A skosh over 6# for me.

poptopjr
05-27-2012, 09:06 AM
I can order the Apex stuff from many sources, how about the spring. I have been unable to locate one searching the internet. Would I have to find a local armorer and get one from them? So far, parts availability is my only complaint with the M&P, I wish it was more like a Glock in that sense.

Thanks for the input.

Keith

MEH
05-27-2012, 07:19 PM
If you order a Mass trigger bar it comes with a Mass TRS. (Speed Shooters Specialties)
Gunsmith in Mass amazingly have plenty of the Mass TRS's that they remove from customers guns. They'll gladly sell them to you. (I've gotten them from Michael LaRocca in the past.)
Never tried S&W but who knows?