PDA

View Full Version : Future Gun Projects: What are your planning/wanting to build?

RevolverRob
05-19-2020, 11:45 AM
We've done - good guns, great guns, disappointing guns, pulsating sack of fail guns -

Let's do something different - What gun projects are you currently planning or want to build in the relatively near future (within the next 24-months). To be clear, not dream builds, but rather what do you have now you're going to do.

1) I inherited a Winchester Model 25 (non-takedown version a Model 12) pump. The gun is nice, but way too long (28" barrel) for my needs, I don't hunt birds and if I did, I'd use a break action gun. Just before 'Rona hit, I called Vang Comp and asked if they'd work on the gun. They said, "Yes. It might cost more since it's non-standard, but we'd love to make it usable." So when 'Rona is over that gun is going to VC for a tune-up, barrel shortening, stock shortening, ghost-rings, and if possible VCS (not clear if back boring will be possible since the barrel is threaded into the receiver) if VCS isn't possible we will try for screw-in chokes. When it's all done, I think this will be the scattergun in the safe next to my carbine for defending the castle.

2) My old Marlin 336 runs great and it's a Pre-Remington Marlin. But the front sight base is canted enough that I have the front sight drifted over to get it to zero. I'm going to correct this finally, by sending the gun off and having the barrel straightened and cut back from 20 to 16". I also hate the floppy Marlin trigger, so a upgraded trigger, a medium sized lever loop, and a relieved loading gate and follower are also on the agenda. As is a general dehorning of the gun, because it's got more sharp edges than a razor factory. Shortening the stock and putting a recoil pad on it would be a nice addition, too. Gun already wears XS ghost-rings. I'm debating having the barrel threaded for a can in the future and whether or not to run a scout scope, an LPVO at normal eye-relief, or iron sights. When this one is done, it will go back to its traditional role as a venison getter.

theJanitor
05-19-2020, 12:07 PM
Current: Getting one rifle and pistol set up for NV, and ultimate compatibility, as far as optics/lights/batteries, etc. I'm just waiting for my F-ing Palmetto State Armory order to get here. I ordered it on the 8th, and they took a week to ship, and they only gave me a UPS option to ship, and they picked the service that will take 11 days. :mad:

Definite: I hope that I get the call this summer to send in my Colt Commander for a full tilt build. It'll be different that what I normally commission (golfballs, parkerized, etc)

25% definite: Convert the pre-64 M70, 30-06 that my grandfather gave me years ago, into a Vietnam era "sniper"

OlongJohnson
05-19-2020, 12:46 PM
Selling more stuff and finishing setup of the stuff I already have. If the selling goes well enough, may pick out a nice duck/clays gun.

BobM
05-19-2020, 12:54 PM
I’m working on building a 300 Blackout pistol. I have the lower and the LPK. I plan on getting an upper in a month or two. I’m thinking about getting an optic ready 5” M&P40 2.0. I’m also thinking about getting a 350 Legend bolt gun for Ohio’s deer gun season. Beyond that I plan on cleaning out my garage so I can access the presses and load more ammo for the guns I have.

okie john
05-19-2020, 01:02 PM
I’ve got some.

Have my Remington 700 Package Rifle cut to 22” and bedded into a better stock. I’ll stone off the remaining sharp edges when it comes back. It may get a rattlecan paint job before deer season.
Have the same guy look over the battered 7mm Magnum that I inherited a couple of years ago. If the bore is still usable, then it will get a new recoil pad and be rebedded into its period laminated stock, but no refinishing work. If the bore is gone, then I may turn it into a 22" 338 WM and kill elk with it.
Pattern and zero a spare 1100 that now wears a post-COVID slug barrel.
Deep clean every gun I own, a chore I’ve been putting off for entirely too long.

Aside from that, I’m focused on reloading the brass that has stacked up around here for the last few years. When that’s done, I’ll test factory ammo and start looking at handloads for my 308 and 30-06. I’ve used three-shot groups until now but I’m changing the program to five-shot groups so I need to reshoot a bunch of tests.

Okie John

okie john
05-19-2020, 01:05 PM
25% definite: Convert the pre-64 M70, 30-06 that my grandfather gave me years ago, into a Vietnam era "sniper"

The guy who's working on my Package Rifle says he built a Carlos Hathcock tribute rifle a few years ago. I'll ask a few more questions when I go to pick mine up.

Okie John

mtnbkr
05-19-2020, 01:20 PM
If anything, I want to get the new Magpul Savage stock for my Savage Hog Hunter 308.

Maybe.

Chris

ranger
05-19-2020, 02:24 PM
Just finished a PSA based 300 BO pistol. Just picked up a 6XC barreled action I am assembling for a PRS rifle.

Bergeron
05-19-2020, 03:02 PM
Ahhh, the old gun projects schedule:

1) Bring my old Red Jacket-converted Saiga-12 to Dissident Arms for them to re-work it into a better action shotgun

2) Have my Colt Ace conversion slide built into a rimfire duplicate of my remaining Delta Elite

3) Have my STI full-rail frame built into a red dot .460 Rowland

and lastly,

4) Get a PCC built out of the CMMG Guard operating system

It should be a busy 24 months. :D

Joe in PNG
05-19-2020, 03:14 PM
I'd like to build a classic 601/ SP1 style AR rifle, just to get my 'feet wet'.

Next, if I really wanted to go crazy, I'd get a .38 super 1911 handgun kit (the everygunpart ones) and put it on a Caspian frame.

Nephrology
05-19-2020, 04:08 PM
AR-10, .308. Maybe a bolt gun instead. Not in the market for a while though.

Bigghoss
05-19-2020, 04:29 PM
Not long ago I came across an older H&R 20ga with the lighter profile barrel. It was a little rough and had mismatched furniture so I'm planning on having the barrel cut to 18" and threaded for chokes. Should make a nice, light, backpacking gun for pretty cheap.

When the InRange/KE Arms/Brownells MKIII polymer lowers finally come out I want to try one with the BCM lightweight upper I have.

RevolverRob
05-19-2020, 04:56 PM
Selling more stuff and finishing setup of the stuff I already have. If the selling goes well enough, may pick out a nice duck/clays gun.

This is a big thing for me too. I'm going over my spread sheet again, trying to make some decisions. We'll see where I end up at, but right now, probably between 12 and 16 guns are going up on the chopping block.

That will cover the cost of a new safe, and the work on the shotgun and maybe on the Marlin too.

What I haven't factored back in, is whatever new 9mm I buy...

AR-10, .308. Maybe a bolt gun instead. Not in the market for a while though.

I was thinking about doing a large frame AR in 6.5CM. But I'm leaning right now towards a 6.5G instead, because with good glass I can take it out a fair distance and it'll still be otherwise identical to my other guns.

rcbusmc24
05-19-2020, 05:05 PM
I've got a previously bubba'd 1917 Enfield rifle that still has its full set of iron sights on it. It is going to be re cut down to 18 inches and set up as a scout/ tanker Enfield.....

Also just picked up a Colt Rail Gun in 9mm, having a PWS/ MARSOC armorer friend work it over into a 9mm copy of the USMC 1911 our recon guys are still running for now.

Malamute
05-19-2020, 05:19 PM
The wish list includes an XP 100 pistol in 221 or 6mm BR, and building a shoulder stocked single action revolver (SBR), likely a Ruger, with about a 9 inch barrel. The ultimate fun version would include a long range sight in the top strap like some of the original Colt pistol-carbines, now known as Buntlines.

Have a Winchester 94 Buffalo Bill barrel formerly 26" octagon, now 22", and have a very nice stock set for it, checkered, high grade wood, and it will get a tang sight, lyman target globe front, and possibly a leaf barrel sight (often called ladder sights). Intention is for shooting the 600 yd and farther steel plates, and just being pretty. Not sure what receiver will get the parts.

A Winchester 94 angle eject in 30-30 with low power Leupold scope seems like it would be pretty handy as a general purpose knock around go everywhere gun. Leupold bases and low rings keep the scope low but doesnt interfere with the hammer. Early on in the AE production they made some that didnt have cross bolt safeties or tang safeties for us curmudgeons.

For some reason I think I need a scoped Smith 357, possibly a 27 with 8 3/8" barrel, scope bases attached to the barrel rib so the iron sights are intact. Again, the intention is shooting distance for fun, and having a compact, accurate, easy to shoot gun for general knocking about the hills etc.

Still have an urge for a 1903 Springfield with 22" barrel, decent receiver sight, and original stock cut down in the style of a Krag carbine. That would probably entail pushing the rear band back an inch or two to look balanced out. A 25-06 barrel would help the gimpy guys like me shoot it without as much pain. 03-A3 top wood would blend in nicely with the abbreviated stock.

RevolverRob
05-19-2020, 05:24 PM
I've got a previously bubba'd 1917 Enfield rifle that still has its full set of iron sights on it. It is going to be re cut down to 18 inches and set up as a scout/ tanker Enfield.....

That sounds awesome.

Reminds me that I found about 800 rounds of mil-surp .303British when I was cleaning out my dad's safe...but there is no .303 rifle anywhere.

I always wanted me a No. 5. Jungle Carbine, because...reasons.

BobM
05-19-2020, 05:40 PM
The wish list includes an XP 100 pistol in 221 or 6mm BR.

That would be cool. I saw one in a Cabelas last year but I wasn’t ready to buy one. I have a Sako action rifle my grandpa had made in the 221 Fireball.

ACP230
05-19-2020, 05:58 PM
Custom bolt rifle in .250 Savage.
With a birdseye maple stock, eh?

Half Moon
05-19-2020, 06:12 PM
That sounds awesome.

Reminds me that I found about 800 rounds of mil-surp .303British when I was cleaning out my dad's safe...but there is no .303 rifle anywhere.

I always wanted me a No. 5. Jungle Carbine, because...reasons.

Had the Indian version of a No. 5 Jungle Carbine in .308. Brutal recoil compared to a straight up Enfield Mark III.

Mitch
05-19-2020, 06:16 PM
This is a big thing for me too. I'm going over my spread sheet again, trying to make some decisions.

You have fun weird.

Me? I’m just going all in on pistols with red dots except for my snub. The future is now old man.

I just sent a Glock slide off for an RMR cut. Hope to do one more this year.

rd62
05-19-2020, 08:10 PM
I have a 9mm Colt Combat Commander waiting to go.to Evolution Armory.

I want to put together a lever gun package for this hunting season. I'm thinking a Marlin 1895, having my smith smooth and debur the action, maybe a Wild West Guns lever happy tune kit, and topping it with a Holosun of some flavor or a low power optic.

Finally, I have a AR9 I've had in the works for a couple years that I'd like to get around to finishing. Maybe...

Crazy Dane
05-19-2020, 08:35 PM
A lever gun dedicated to .44 Special to go with my 2 Ruger GP100 in the same caliber. My research is leaning toward the Marlin 1894 and I may have the base gun by Friday.

Lex Luthier
05-19-2020, 08:55 PM
Get my not-a-6720 to the finishing point, and shoot it silly.

Get an XS big dot sight to mount over the bead on the Ithaca 37. Go through it and replace all the springs. It's 80 years old in June or so.

Make some grips out of Claro Walnut for the Model 36, and see how they work.

The .32NAA conversion thing thread has me wondering whether if it's really stupid or only-mostly-stupid to convert an Smith & Wesson 638 Bodyguard or similar to .32NAA. Or .32 H & R mag, for that matter. Not sure the frame would accommodate such a cylinder.
Gawd help me, I was looking at that funky little Taurus .380 ACP revolver (https://www.taurususa.com/firearms/revolvers/380/380-revolvers-380-auto-5-round-matte-black-anodized/) as a base for a .32NAA conversion. I'd need a Bridgeport lathe
to make anything decent from that...

Oh, and a deer rifle for this upcoming season. #1 Daughter wants to go out for her first deer (she's 36) and we have friends who have several hundred acres in northern MN.
I'm thinking 6.5 Swedish, or maybe .270. I've happily put cases of rounds through military Mauser carbines, so a thumped shoulder doesn't scare me. Son-in-Law has a Henry 30-30 that will likely work for her. Otherwise we'll be looking at all the local shops for package deals on Mauser M18s, Ruger, & Savage rifles.

AKDoug
05-19-2020, 11:02 PM
My only gun project this summer is getting my Kimber Talkeetna .375H&H ready to go for a once in a lifetime bison tag I drew. Need to figure out what bases I am going with. I'm likely going to mount my Steiner P4Xi 1-4 on it because weight doesn't matter on this rifle. An illuminated reticle will make it nice for the late winter hunt on large dark colored critters.

Wise_A
05-20-2020, 02:50 AM
I mean, aside from a bunch of tuning jobs currently sitting on my bench...

*A lightweight 6.5 Grendel bolt-action, likely using an NSS-trued 700 action, as an exercise in assembling a bolt gun before I move on to...
*An F-class rifle, presuming the ranges ever open, and I get around to actually trying it, and have the time to continue doing it. T/R .308 sounds about right, as I don't feel like getting into exotic cartridges with uber-short barrel lifes to get competitive.
*A Gucci Glock of Maximum Stupidity, to accompany my G34 MOS of Moderate Stupidity. 19-size, weighted magwell, thumb ledge, slide all cut to hell.
*Send off my K-38 Target Masterpiece to be refinished. In nickel, because I have no taste (although I will point out that a nickel finish was a special-order option on the pre-numbers 14s, so it's not a complete abomination).
*Stick a mounting plate on my SA 1911, so I can finally admit I hate the factory sights on that thing and move the Holosun over to it...
*...just as soon as I get off my ass and get the screws to fill the holes on top of the 327 R8, because the stupid rail really does make the irons difficult to use.
*Research and kit out a practical shotgun, because I don't own one and my life lacks complication. Not a 1301 because I don't feel like spending 1301 money on the project.

rob_s
05-20-2020, 05:27 AM
I am itching for a new Sporting Clays gun. There is literally nothing wrong with my a300 for my level of shooting (typically 80-90 on the bunny slope courses, once a month at best). But I really, really want to visit Cole Guns (https://www.shop.colegun.com/) and have an a400 fitted to me, just to see what the hype is about and to see if it changes my shooting in any way. Something like this here (https://www.shop.colegun.com/products/beretta-a400-cole-xcel-pro-12ga-28-black-cerakote-reduced-length-parallel-target-model-w-kick-off-sn-xa229559). And I’d like to find a good instructor to spend about a day, or maybe just half a day, with once I have that gun.

I’m also slated to return to the competition field shortly, if all goes well. I plan to shoot my newly re-vamped PCC and we will see how that goes. If I get out there enough there’s liable to be some tinkering, but I’d guess it’ll fall more on the side of match gear than monkeying with the gun itself.

And then there’s the pistol side. If the match goes well I’d like to add pistol as well. Which means I’ll likely buy a new Glock 34 or 17, gen 5, MOS (in case I want to try optics, but without them to start). And then that is like,y to kick off a larger project that I’ve wanted to do for a bit for no good goddamn reason, which is to cart all my “old” Glocks down to the funstore and trae them in on a new set of Gen 5s. I think the set I’d like to have is 3 Glock 19s, a 26, a 42, a 43x and a 48 (plus the 17/34 that starts the whole mess). I’d like a 43 but don’t really want to add yet another new mag type to the fold. All of that will probably result in some level of fiddle-fuck depending on what sights I’m able to get off the shelf. If I can get them all with pretty much the same ameriglos them all that would likely remain is to change out any ribbed triggers for smooth (is that still a thing? Some Glocks still come with ribbed triggers?).

Rex G
05-20-2020, 07:29 AM
I need to sort-out which sights/optic I want to use on my LAW-folding, 300 AAC/BLK DDM4V7P. I may or may not use a different brace, than the one provided with the weapon. A different upper unit may be tried.

I need to sort-out my long-delayed Glock Roland/Faux-land Special project, or decide whether I want to complete it, at all. I have the components to build one, on a Gen4 G19, but then bought a milled G45 slide, with an ACRO P-1, which is presently on my G19x lower.

I/We need to function-test our his-and-hers Winchester 94AE Trapper Carbines, .45 Colt. I just installed a youth stock on mine, and have been running dummy ammo through it, with good results, thus far. Previous revolver-cartridge lever rifles have vexed me, with their feeding reliability. This one shows promise.

One of my M2 Benellis may get an Aimpoint Micro, either a T1 or T2 on a receiver mount, or, an S1 on a 21” vent-rib barrel. I found the 21” barrel on evil-bay.

Unless I trade something serious, a Rattler is not very likely to be added, within the 24-month time window. I do like the concept, as it seems meaningfully more compact than my DDM4V7P, able to fit into an urban-friendlier bag.

theJanitor
05-20-2020, 02:25 PM
I was supposed to be done with the first item on my list yesterday, but Palmetto and UPS have conspired to derail my plans.

awp_101
05-20-2020, 11:18 PM
To finish up current AR projects I need:
Enough charging handles so each upper has it’s own BCG and CH. Turns out the “extra” charging handles I thought I had were already in use.

An optic for the AR9 build, probably something from Primary Arms or Holosun.

Another SBA3 to finish out another pistol lower.

Future AR projects:
Put together an 18-20” .22 upper. I know the length is overkill for a .22 but I like the feel on the bench

Put together a 6-10” .22 upper because fun is still a real thing for me.

20” A2-ish build. Can’t decide if I want the OG handguards and fixed carry handle or more of an A4 style build.

16-20” 6.5 Grendel because I’m a big fan of 6.5s. It’ll probably share the A2/A4 lower.

Bolt action:
I’d like a 16-20” 6.5G bolt gun to go with the AR just because. Might leave it in the original stock, might go with an Oryx, haven’t decided yet.

Pistols:
Anything not a 4” or 4.25” 9mm will be a 5”. Might try a G34/35 again, might go X5 IF I can find one stupid cheap.

Maybe try to turn my P30 into a VP9. I need to try a VP9 first though.

I should probably go ahead and plan for a quality Government Model 1911 in .45 and 9mm. Probably something in the SA RO line.

Sheesh, I’m going to need 4 more years and a lottery win to make most of this happen...

fatdog
05-21-2020, 06:46 AM
Remington Rolling Block, hopefully a beater and resurrection in .45 LC for CAS/Blackpowder use. Find a shooter grade beater Win 1886 in .45-70 for the same.

BobM
05-21-2020, 08:32 PM
I’m also planning on acquiring a new hunting shotgun sometime. It will likely be an 1100 or 1187 with a wood stock.

Malamute
05-21-2020, 10:19 PM
That would be cool. I saw one in a Cabelas last year but I wasn’t ready to buy one. I have a Sako action rifle my grandpa had made in the 221 Fireball.

In a discussion elsewhere about shooting at distance (300 yards) with carry gun type pistols and occasionally ringing steel plates, someone mentioned getting something like 1 1/2 or 2" groups at 300 with their XP100. I decided In wanted one right then. Doesnt have to shoot big bullets, just shoot well.

hiro
05-22-2020, 12:23 AM
1. 12.5" 5.56mm BCM Kino upper on one of their lowers.
2. As short as I can reasonably go with a 300 black upper intended to be run with a can. May involve a LAW folder just for shits and giggles. This may turn into a Rattler.

Does anyone make reliable 15 round magazines that are easy to find and affordable? (I really like the idea of a 12.5" 6.8mm but the magazine issue isn't one I've seen a solution for, if someone knows, please holler).

No time line at the moment, I plan on doing the paperwork and SBRing them. In these fickle times I worry how long the pistol brace option can escape the attention of stupid people, tho if they did suddenly make pistol lowers subject to the NFA, how would it be enforced?

awp_101
05-25-2020, 02:21 PM
OK, other than the stuff I need to finish current AR projects and a dedicated .22 upper, forget almost everything I wrote in post #29.

After spending time with my 4.25" and 5" M&Ps I didn't notice enough difference in handling or accuracy to keep going down the long barrel path right now. In fact, I'm not even terribly interested in trying out another platform so the P30 is on the chopping block and the ideas of a VP9, G34/35 and 5" 320 are gone as well. A Grendel or 3 may still be in the works but there's other things I need to get squared away before bringing another caliber into the mix. My 18" .223 Wylde upper will have to my ersatz A2/A4 build until next summer probably.

After reflecting on what truly made me happy during my 2 range trips this week I have a new set of priorities. I want a Volquartsen upper to put on one of my MkIVs and while I'm at it, I'll throw some of their action parts at it as well. And since I apparently don't hate my wallet quite enough, I want to do a kick ass .22 Charger build with a chassis and a brace as well. Not sure yet if I'll do a takedown version or not. Finally I'll have to build a 10/22 to go with this mess of .22s because again, apparently I don't have my wallet enough.

Cory
05-25-2020, 03:18 PM
I'd like a smaller, very concealable gun. Probably a J frame. There are times that's really needed.

I'd like a 1301. For a home defense long gun, and maybe occassional coyote/hog/turkey hunting.

Realistically, I bought a decomissioned M17 earlier this year, and really needsto get my 92 carry gun's barrel NP3'd. Which means a 1301 (especially the LTT version) isn't happening this year. The J frame may not either.

I have a ton of goals but these are the ones I really see happening in the next 12 - 18 months

-Cory

ReverendMeat
05-25-2020, 04:27 PM
Always on the lookout for the cheapest, most beat-up 92 possible and refurbing it for range use/backup to my carry 92g.

penates
05-25-2020, 05:05 PM
I ordered a 40 S&W barrel for my TC Contender and am finishing the grip set now.

Joe in PNG
05-25-2020, 05:30 PM
Another idea- I may finally move on my idea of a SA CZ-75 Compact.
Mainly by dropping a CGW Standard package and SA trigger into one.

Stephanie B
05-25-2020, 06:02 PM
I should think about accumulating parts to get my Krag back to a service condition.

DDTSGM
05-25-2020, 09:19 PM
I need to finally finish my Mark 5 Jungle Carbine. I bought it several years ago, paid extra for pick of the litter, it looks like the rest of the litter was stillborn. I'm looking for good stock parts - barrel bands, etc. I've bought some used and they were worse than what I had on hand.

I ordered the barrel (Criterion 16") and handguard (Aero M5 Atlas) to complete my AR-10, so I'll knock that out as soon as they arrive.

I also need to build two AR's for my oldest grandsons. I already have the receivers, barrels, BCG's, LPK's, and RE's, all I need are the handguards and the ambition to get out the blast cabinet to prep parts and then MolyResin them. One is getting OD green barrel, receivers and RE, with black stock, ALG rail and pistol grip; the other is getting same deal except in FDE and black. They are 19 and 22. Have to be done by Christmas. Then the question is what do I get their sister, who has absolutely no interest in shooting.

I'll be busy for a while.

I would also like to find a pawnshop 92 to rebuild, as well as a couple of 870's.

Suvorov
05-25-2020, 09:45 PM
As a proletariat 3rd class in Kalifornia I can not buy any of the new hotness that is the most recent wave of Beretta 92 pistols.

Last year I purchased an M9A3 slide w/ night sights from Brownells. The plan is to buy a M9a1 (which is still on the roster of approved handguns) and then put the A3 slide slide on it, G10 grips, and a bunch of Lagndon goodness in it.

Since I am likely going to loose my job this fall due to CV19 my discretionary money has to be used for the bread lines so any new purchases have to come from me selling things. Like any good right wing boy of the 80s, I amassed a fairly extensive GI Joe collection and took reasonably good car of them. I'm in the process of cleaning them up, finding all their parts and selling them on eBay to fund my new pistol.

Can't thing of a more fitting thing to do with them.

Screwball
05-25-2020, 10:19 PM
My main two projects are an AOW and SBR. AOW is my TAC-14 that I want to legally put a folding brace back on. SBR is a .45 AR that I’m cutting the barrel down from 16” to 11”. Just sort of waiting on the specifics to be nailed down prior to eFiling the Form 1s.

After that, I sort of want to get a AR pistol that takes Glock magazines. Think I’m down for the CMMG Banshee... 300 lower, and a 200 upper. Rather have the 8” barrel than the shorter 5”. But do like the compact RipBrace over the standard. I’m sure it will change again... and I’ll want the 5” before I purchase it. [emoji23]

Nothing else really pressing after that, and I probably could say the hell with the CMMG and just stick with the 5.56mm AR pistol I have. Maybe pick up a Makarov... if I really want to spend, a stocked Hi Power.

Artemas2
05-28-2020, 09:15 AM
Hoping to shoot USPSA limited in the off season ie: tired of cleaning snow out of 3-5 production mags after every stage.

Just picked up a used STI DVC L in .40. No mags with it, but based on the lack of cleaning it was shot often.
Everything seems tight, detail stripped it and all looks good other than some factory machining marks.
Should have mags next week along with a few small parts and fresh springs to fit and tune.
If that all goes well I will invest in .40 reloading equipment and start that rabbit hole.

Really hoping that this is a small project with zero extra surprises...

deputyG23
05-29-2020, 12:58 PM
I lucked onto a large estate sale buy of reloading/gun accessory stuff last year and selling off the excess has so far netted me six times my initial investment.
I have bought since then:
Police trade in Glock 22 G4 for a stupid low price;
Savage M10 .308 and put a Leupold Freedom 3x9 optic on it;
Colt licensed copy of 1911 made in Argentina for another stupid low price;
HK45 used, but unfired.
Pending projects:
Learn how to set up and run the old Dillon 550 I got in the estate buy. Thinking about sending it in for a tune up.
Continue selling off unneeded dies, accessories, and components;
Research and get carry gear for HK45;
Either enhance my current Colt DS or sell it and get a Night Cobra;
Sell off guns/accessories that see little or any regular use. The Argentine .45 will be hopefully flipped soon for a modest profit.
A no lock 442 would be nice if I could trust Smith to send out one on order that was properly built.
A synthetic stocked Winchester M70 Classic featherweight in .308 with a 22" barrel would be bought if available and the Savage .308 would be sold.
Retirement from LE will most likely occur on September 1, so much experimentation will be done with the .308 and handloads this fall.

Yung
05-29-2020, 01:56 PM
As a proletariat 3rd class in Kalifornia I can not buy any of the new hotness that is the most recent wave of Beretta 92 pistols.

Does that include the LTT 'California Specials'?

Suvorov
05-29-2020, 03:17 PM
Does that include the LTT 'California Specials'?

Well I already spent the money on the A3 slide before Ernest announced the California Guns. Even if I were to go that way I first need to purchase an M9A1 to send to him. All the LTT coolness aside I would rather have the night sights and configuration closer to the Wilson Custom. I am on the fence about putting a TJIAB in it as my CCW gun is a compact with D spring and Wilson parts, my “game gun” is a 92Elite with the TJIAB. This gun is intended to be my “service gun” and the current think is to keep it closer to my CCW gun in terms of trigger.

Chance
05-29-2020, 06:13 PM
Picking up a Staccato C2 DUO. I can virtually guarantee you I’ll wander back to carrying a G19 eventually, but at least I’ll be able to talk intelligently about the expense mechanics of the 2011 platform.

Joe in PNG
06-01-2020, 08:32 PM
And I'm going to go with putting a Wilson tune kit in my 92D Centurion.

Trukinjp13
06-02-2020, 08:39 AM
New glass on my savage 99 .308 and buy a couple more mags. If I can find them.

Would like to build a 12.5/14.5 .308 pistol. Truck gun and for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okie john
06-02-2020, 11:16 AM
Have my Remington 700 Package Rifle cut to 22” and bedded into a better stock. I’ll stone off the remaining sharp edges when it comes back. It may get a rattlecan paint job before deer season.

Got this one back already. My gunsmith did the work in 12 days. Hoping to hit the range tomorrow to zero and shoot a few groups.

Okie John

UNM1136
06-02-2020, 11:25 AM
AR10 in 6.5 Creedmoor. LaRue parts with a Tranquilo suppressor. Maybe a couple years away.

My Governor ran on an anti-assault weapons platform, so when legislation gets introduced I will be buying AR15 receivers for each of my kids and building .300 Blackouts for them.

pat

Joe in PNG
06-03-2020, 08:20 AM
And I'm going to go with putting a Wilson tune kit in my 92D Centurion.

I went ahead and took a file to the Pachmeyr G10 grips on the D, as the back of the grips has a pronounced lip. Smoothed them right out.

I also pulled the sear out of my 92FS(G) so it can act as a training gun. Figure I'm going to go DAO Pizza this summer.

jandbj
06-03-2020, 02:37 PM
Pizza gun experiment:

Just bought a low mileage 92f. I’ll be doing the Langdon 13# hammer spring and a G kit.

Hoping to find a set of cast off vertec grips to try the poor man’s thin grip before investing in the g10 ultra thins.

ASH556
06-03-2020, 02:56 PM
Scopes for existing rifles. I cut things lean at the end of '19 and early '20. Then channeled funds away from safe-sitters into fully-kitted pistol and rifle setups. Some of those safe-sitters need scopes back. Not critical, but an old gloss finish Leupold 3.5-10 for my Ruger '06 (I found the 2.5-8x36 just a little tight on that long action) and something like a 3-9 Freedom Rimfire, but with turrets for a target model 10/22.

awp_101
06-03-2020, 07:34 PM
Finally I'll have to build a 10/22 to go with this mess of .22s because again, apparently I don't hate my wallet enough.
Not going to lie, something like this is calling my name. If the accuracy is there and I could buy the chassis (https://pmacamfg.com/products/pmaca-10-22-ruger-takedown-chassis) without anodizing, I'd have to try and find out what SIG used for those rainbow color changing models a few years ago. Get it done up with that finish, add some sparkly unicorn stickers and start messing with the rimfire guys at my club.;)

ranger
06-03-2020, 08:17 PM
Guess I will be building a 6mm ARC upper for my AR to go with my other boutique AR calibers

Outlier
06-03-2020, 08:29 PM
Long over due AR pistol build. The handguard I ordered came in yesterday so now I need to send it and the upper and lower receivers out for cerakote. Just need to secure a brace, a barrel, and gas block and I will have everything to put it together.

PNWTO
06-03-2020, 08:54 PM
9mm AR pistol.

6.5 PRC Tikka revamp for hunting.

Put a KKM comp/barrel on the G23 for outdoorsy stuff.

So really nothing cool.

mmc45414
06-04-2020, 05:37 AM
Since I am likely going to loose my job this fall due to CV19 my discretionary money has to be used for the bread lines so any new purchases have to come from me selling things. … on eBay
I got furloughed the first day of the stay at home order, and I am also getting stuff I had set aside posted up on eBay. I have my first auction ending in a few hours and have a bid for the minimum and six watchers, so maybe it will go a little higher. I forgot that you can delay the start time because Thursday morning is not optimal, but I have two more staged to start Sunday evening.

But what do I plan to do with the money? Will probably just let it filter back into the family budget to replenish the funds I have been spending $50-$100 at a time, mostly on AR and reloading components. I am getting a little more serious about getting the ARs situated the way I want them. Have built up one upper around a barrel I had extra, and the stuff I need to build up another one will show up next week. Then I need a 300BO upper, so I may buy a barrel and initially swap it into one of the 5.56 uppers, till I decide how I want it configured. To facilitate all this screwing around I did up my game in the tool department a bit with a Midwest Upper Receiver Rod and a couple of SLR dimple jigs.