PDA

View Full Version : Nordic Components Beretta 1301 extension kit??

CDH
05-17-2020, 02:10 PM
Any idea where to get one? Cannot find this anywhere. Contacted Nordic and was informed they are still making these and to place a backorder for one through a retailer. However, the numerous retailers I visited including the ones on Nordic’s site don’t have a backorder option. Any help is greatly appreciated.

sigfla
05-17-2020, 03:02 PM
You can back order through DSG arms. I have been waiting on mine for a while. If you are in a hurry you can buy the KZ model from Botach to use in the interim. I think the Nordic clamp even works with it but they are only marginally less hard to find than the extension kits. One online retailer territorial arms listed they had 112 units in stock but I have never heard of them and 112 seems unbelievable

GearFondler
05-17-2020, 03:22 PM
I was in the same boat last year and got mine by having Grab-A-Gun email me when it was back in stock... I don't think I waited more than a few weeks for the notification.

Coyotesfan97
05-17-2020, 05:02 PM
I had e-mail notifications with several vendors before I finally was able to get one. There were several times I got notified they were in stock but by the time I saw the e-mail they were out of stock. :mad:

NickDrak
05-17-2020, 05:25 PM
Went with the KZ tube from BlowTach and the Nordic barrel clamp. It’s actually really well made. The KZ tube doesn’t come with a extended spring but Eric Stern from Beretta said you don’t need a new spring for a +2.
54143 54144

sigfla
05-17-2020, 05:49 PM
I am glad you posted that pic. I know the Nordic clamp is designed for a 1.06 tube and the KZ is 1.05 I assumed they would work together. I found a non beretta specific clamp I am going to use with mine until the correct Nordic extension shows up. Nothing wrong with the KZ and I found out the nut on both ends does remove. I was mistaken about that earlier. I am curious if a Nordic nut would work too. In any case it’s an attractive option if you can’t wait or don’t want to spend the $$ on the Nordic.

sigfla
05-17-2020, 05:51 PM
Went with the KZ tube from BlowTach and the Nordic barrel clamp. It’s actually really well made. The KZ tube doesn’t come with a extended spring but Eric Stern from Beretta said you don’t need a new spring for a +2.
54143 54144

Did you have any clearance issues with the clamp and front sight? Is that the beretta specific one or the standard clamp?

NickDrak
05-17-2020, 06:38 PM
I am glad you posted that pic. I know the Nordic clamp is designed for a 1.06 tube and the KZ is 1.05 I assumed they would work together. I found a non beretta specific clamp I am going to use with mine until the correct Nordic extension shows up. Nothing wrong with the KZ and I found out the nut on both ends does remove. I was mistaken about that earlier. I am curious if a Nordic nut would work too. In any case it’s an attractive option if you can’t wait or don’t want to spend the $$ on the Nordic.

This one: http://Nordic 12ga Barrel Clamp Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQIJCHL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qOCWEbZKKX2WF

NickDrak
05-17-2020, 06:40 PM
Did you have any clearance issues with the clamp and front sight? Is that the beretta specific one or the standard clamp?

No clearance issues...
54149 54150

CDH
05-17-2020, 06:42 PM
I called territorial arms Friday to inquire about the 112 in stock. Had to leave a message and have not heard back. I'll try the Grab-A-Gun email notification and see if it pans out. Thanks to all.

sigfla
05-18-2020, 01:35 PM
I just received my clamp today. Let me parrot what NikDrak said that there are no clearance issues with the standard non mossberg clamp from Nordic. The beretta specific clamp should allow you to mount one “foot” of the clamp under the front sight but this is not necessary. You can use the standard clamp and just move it back a bit. There is a raised lip on the KZ tube but you have plenty of room in front of it to clear it and the front sight base. Still waiting on my Nordic but this works fine in the mean time.

sigfla
05-18-2020, 02:09 PM
Low and behold my aridus Handguard came in today too. That was a bit of an annoyance to install. I had to disassemble my clamp that I had just put on, lol. The Ardus/Magpul/Zhukov Handguard requires a bit of force to install. A bit of snap here and some push/pull there and it goes on once you use the magazine nut to tighten everything together

GearFondler
05-19-2020, 04:32 AM
Low and behold my aridus Handguard came in today too. That was a bit of an annoyance to install. I had to disassemble my clamp that I had just put on, lol. The Ardus/Magpul/Zhukov Handguard requires a bit of force to install. A bit of snap here and some push/pull there and it goes on once you use the magazine nut to tighten everything togetherIt gets easier once you figure out how to hold your tongue. And it's also why I dumped the clamp... I like to be able to break it down without needing tools, time, and then thread-locker again when I reassemble. Plus the m-lok slots meant I no longer needed the clamp to hold the light.

vaglocker
05-19-2020, 06:56 AM
I called territorial arms Friday to inquire about the 112 in stock. Had to leave a message and have not heard back. I'll try the Grab-A-Gun email notification and see if it pans out. Thanks to all.

I saw that as well and was a bit skeptical. I was going to try and call them today.

TCinVA
05-20-2020, 12:50 PM
It gets easier once you figure out how to hold your tongue. And it's also why I dumped the clamp... I like to be able to break it down without needing tools, time, and then thread-locker again when I reassemble. Plus the m-lok slots meant I no longer needed the clamp to hold the light.

I ditched my clamp pretty early on, too. It complicates the disassembly process and no matter how well you secure it, the thing is going move around and cause wear on the finish:

The clamp mounts the light too far forward for me. I greatly prefer the Streamlight 870 mount with either a conventional style light on it or a dedicated weapon light like the X300:

Chuck Whitlock
05-20-2020, 05:14 PM
No clearance issues...
54149 54150

Is it just me, or is your front sight quite canted?

TCinVA
05-20-2020, 06:55 PM

Nah, it's as crooked as James Comey.

sigfla
05-20-2020, 09:41 PM

Easy fix with a set of feeler gauges. Just put the right amount between the sight and the base and screw down. I even used my fingernail before and it works fine.

sigfla
05-20-2020, 09:53 PM
I ditched my clamp pretty early on, too. It complicates the disassembly process and no matter how well you secure it, the thing is going move around and cause wear on the finish:

The clamp mounts the light too far forward for me. I greatly prefer the Streamlight 870 mount with either a conventional style light on it or a dedicated weapon light like the X300:

Let me ask you a question about your light setup if you don’t mind. If you were shooting it as configured left handed how hard/awkward would it be to curl your right hand fingers around go activate the light (momentary or otherwise)? That setup looks clean and if hitting the light switch isn’t too awkward for a quick momentary it might work nicely for a lefty. Especially since I am using the Nordic clamp as a QD sling mount on the right side. That setup wouldn’t interfere with the sling

TCinVA
05-20-2020, 10:56 PM
Let me ask you a question about your light setup if you don’t mind. If you were shooting it as configured left handed how hard/awkward would it be to curl your right hand fingers around go activate the light (momentary or otherwise)? That setup looks clean and if hitting the light switch isn’t too awkward for a quick momentary it might work nicely for a lefty. Especially since I am using the Nordic clamp as a QD sling mount on the right side. That setup wouldn’t interfere with the sling

It's pretty easy to hit it when I'm shouldering lefty.

Of course, you don't have to do it that way because the Streamlight mount will work at 3, 6, and 9:00. So you can set it however it works best for you.

sigfla
05-20-2020, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the info. My main thing was sling interference. I suppose for the $$ you could go remote switch as well but by then I would just use the rail on the clamp. Nordic needs to provide the no mar tape they recommend with the clamp for what it costs. The streamlight mount is nice with that style light. I did a quick search to get a full pic of your gun. It’s a pretty simple and elegant solution.

It's pretty easy to hit it when I'm shouldering lefty.

Of course, you don't have to do it that way because the Streamlight mount will work at 3, 6, and 9:00. So you can set it however it works best for you.