PDA

View Full Version : Any Spartan Blade owner/users here?

Totem Polar
05-16-2020, 07:25 PM
Love to hear some thoughts, as I am eyeballing one or two in the line. As always, #1, I am grateful for any input in advance, and #2, this thread is useless without pics.

vcdgrips
05-16-2020, 08:50 PM
I have a Spartan SOC-P and Trainer that a PF member sold me for a solid price when I thought I lost my Benchmade Version. I use it for lower profile days. Good piece of kit.

I would probably part w it as I found the Benchmade and do not need 2.

Crawls
05-18-2020, 08:10 PM
I just picked up a new Spartan Alala on sale last week for about $95. It's the smallest of the knives in the new "silver line" of more affordable knives that Kabar is manufacturing for Spartan. I bought it to play around with the idea of pocket carry of a fixed blade. The knife is pretty cool. It's got a pretty long blade for a relatively short overall length but still has enough handle to get (almost) four full fingers on. The blade steel is 1095 cro van which is nothing to write home about, but I willing to live with it for the price.

The locking sheath is mixed bag. The spot where I'd want to mount an IWB strap is taken up by a snaps for a secondary retention strap that uses small plain snaps (not pull dot). These snaps are about as secure as the pearl snaps buttons on my western shirts. The included IWB strap uses similar but larger snaps; just as secure.

My plan is to ditch the straps and set it up with a Ulticlip to create a low budget version of the Adamac Northwoods- albeit one with a less stabby more utility focused blade profile.

I'll try to post picks if I get the Ulticlip setup working.

jc000
05-28-2020, 09:40 AM
I have a Spartan SOC-P and Trainer that a PF member sold me for a solid price when I thought I lost my Benchmade Version. I use it for lower profile days. Good piece of kit.

I would probably part w it as I found the Benchmade and do not need 2.

Let me know what you might let that SOC-P go for!

I have a Phobos, it’s really quite nice, holds an edge well, looks good. They have some pretty interesting (to me) models like the Formido and Phrike. My impression is that if you see a model you like, you should be well-pleased with it.

vcdgrips
05-28-2020, 01:00 PM
PM outbound

Hizzie
05-28-2020, 08:58 PM
Lemme dig in my gear bin.

Wake27
05-28-2020, 10:29 PM
I’ve had the Enyo for years and it served as my daily carry in Hawaii for much of that time. Great knife. After years of cheap blades I’ve come to appreciate the materials that Spartan Blades used in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe S
05-29-2020, 09:10 AM
I’ve had the Enyo for years and it served as my daily carry in Hawaii for much of that time. Great knife. After years of cheap blades I’ve come to appreciate the materials that Spartan Blades used in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does it cut? A good edc blade?

And does anyone know the deal with the Pineland Cutlery brand? Was supposed to be a collab between Spartan and Ka-bar, offering production stuff at a lower price point. announced about a year ago, but their Instagram links to Spartan Blades, and there's no section there for it, and all the knives in the pictures are marked Spartan, with their SKUs.

JSGlock34
05-29-2020, 02:10 PM
I'm not really a blade guy, but I have a Spartan/Les George V14 Dagger. Not much call for a dagger around the house, but the Fairbairn-Sykes homage spoke to me, and I had to buy one. Takes nice photos though.

Super77
05-30-2020, 02:36 PM
That dagger looks amazing, I've always wanted one of those

Rex G
05-30-2020, 07:39 PM
I'm not really a blade guy, but I have a Spartan/Les George V14 Dagger. Not much call for a dagger around the house, but the Fairbairn-Sykes homage spoke to me, and I had to buy one. Takes nice photos though.

Nice dagger, indeed, though a bit more V-42/First Special Service Force, than Fairbairn-Sykes. The First Special Service Force soldier held his V-42, with his thumb on the flat of the choil area, for at least some uses, therefore the notched area in the V-14’s guard. The V-42 did not have a notched guard, but does have a thumb rest on the flat of the choil area.

I found this link, that shows how a British Commando held his F-S:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDGHKyB3T_U

An F-S can be held like a V-42, but the V-42 and V-14 are built to facilitate this particular hold.

Notably, there is a newer dagger being sold by Spartan Blades, a collaboration with William W. Harsey, which also looks very nice.

https://spartanbladesusa.com/shop-all/spartan-harsey-dagger/

Totem Polar
05-30-2020, 09:10 PM
Lemme dig in my gear bin.

We’re still waiting.

Bonus points if you’re looking for a formido or phrike...