PDA

View Full Version : HK VP9 OR

GJM
05-15-2020, 04:08 PM
I recently purchased an HK VP9 optics ready pistol. I am extremely impressed with their optics mounting system. Here are some pictures.

Everything about it seems well designed. The cover is secured to the slide with two beefy screws with a T15 head.

Once you remove the cover plate, this is what you see.

You then use the same T15 screws that secure the cover to attach the RMR/SRO/Holosun plate I purchased from the HK web shop. I ordered the plate from HK, and it arrived two days later, by free FedEx shipping.

Here is a side view of the installed plate — looks very stout.

Finally, here is the slide with the Holosun 507 installed. The Holosun came with four shorter and four longer screws. HK cleverly designed their system so it would use longer screws. Look forward to shooting it, but so far, I give this high marks!

SecondsCount
05-15-2020, 05:50 PM
Is that one of those new clear Holosun models? ;)

GJM
05-15-2020, 06:05 PM
Is that one of those new clear Holosun models? ;)

Ha!

jeep45238
05-15-2020, 06:36 PM
I've also been impressed with the interface - granted I'm new to dots, but not mechanical systems (I've built cars from tubing using non-cnc machinery surplus'd in the 30's). It's got a solid recoil lug, good thread engagements, and impresses me more than the Walther setup (not impressed at all with Sig, Glock, or Smith).

I'm about 3,000 into a 407C on the same gun with no maintenance.

The only downside is with white light if you don't take the time to figure out the window without a dot taking a night time shot. There's no rear suppressor sight compatible sights available right now, and nobody has an ETA yet. Heinie says theirs will be compatible with the non-OR pistol front sight, and will be available for purchase separately.

Slight followup with plates, Steve Fisher is on a podcast and just answered my question with a simple word - "is the Walther/HK plate system more reliable than MOS?" - Yes, especially the Walthers. If that matters to anybody.

YVK
05-15-2020, 09:18 PM
I recently purchased an HK VP9 optics ready pistol. I am extremely impressed with their optics mounting system.

For something that took 4 years to get released 7 years behind their competitors, it better be good.

GJM
05-15-2020, 09:25 PM
For something that took 4 years to get releases 7 years behind their competitors, it's better be good.

If it makes you feel better, this optics ready pistol came sooner then getting a V9 plate for my HK 45.

YVK
05-15-2020, 09:32 PM
If it makes you feel better, this optics ready pistol came sooner then getting a V9 plate for my HK 45.

What do you think an upper cutoff for the age should be for HK owners to be sure that people do get their HK goodies before they die?

SecondsCount
05-15-2020, 09:57 PM
For something that took 4 years to get released 7 years behind their competitors, it better be good.

Professional grade takes time :cool:

javemtr
05-16-2020, 03:56 AM
In German there's a saying: "Gut Ding will Weile haben" (good things take time)
It could be HK's unofficial company motto ;)

Kram
05-16-2020, 09:58 AM
Any word on the VP9 OR pistol becoming available with the button mag release? Or will that be the next "new" HK?

RAM Engineer
05-19-2020, 12:12 PM
Any word on the VP9 OR pistol becoming available with the button mag release? Or will that be the next "new" HK?

Boo! Hiss!!! Get 'im outta here!!

(just kidding)

(but not really. #paddlesrule (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=paddlesrule) )

Trukinjp13
06-03-2020, 08:14 AM
Any updates on the vp9 OR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk