PDA

View Full Version : GSL Phoenix

TGS
05-13-2020, 09:56 PM
Someone give me a reason to not buy this.

Or, lacking that, general thoughts are welcome. :)

Grey
05-13-2020, 10:00 PM
If its going on a MP5 (or variant) then do it.

LittleLebowski
05-13-2020, 10:10 PM
I’d go Dead Air Wolf.

TGS
05-13-2020, 10:26 PM
If its going on a MP5 (or variant) then do it.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking fullsize, not a K.

I’d go Dead Air Wolf.

Any reasons why? Seems like nothing can compete with the 2" body. This would be dedicated to an MP5 (or other PCCs, at most), if that changes things.

Default.mp3
05-14-2020, 12:29 AM
Any reasons why? Seems like nothing can compete with the 2" body. This would be dedicated to an MP5 (or other PCCs, at most), if that changes things.IMO, the advantage that the Wolfman has is that it's smaller and modular (the rifle rating is a gimmick to me, since I am of the opinion that one should just have dedicated cans). But since you're gonna be sticking it on a full-sized PCC rather than prioritizing size, I don't see much advantage to the Wolfman as a dedicated can with a single host.

Something like an MP5K-PDW or CZ Evo Micro with the Wolfman in short configuration would be pretty neat, with the option of suppressing better if needed in the long configuration. With something as big as a normal MP5, it becomes less of an issue, IMO, though obviously some folks are still fans of small cans in general.

TGS
05-14-2020, 07:55 PM
Pulled the trigger on the Phoenix.

'dat girthy boi.

RAM Engineer
08-28-2020, 06:03 PM
Since I have an SP-5 on layaway, this is on my radar as well. I’m eager to hear your review.

757_Magnum
06-20-2022, 02:54 PM
Pulled the trigger on the Phoenix.

'dat girthy boi.

I'm resurrecting this thread to ask for feedback. TGS, what do you think of the Phoenix? I'm considering one for a dedicated sub-gun can on an incoming MP5 clone.

TGS
06-20-2022, 03:41 PM
I'm resurrecting this thread to ask for feedback. TGS, what do you think of the Phoenix? I'm considering one for a dedicated sub-gun can on an incoming MP5 clone.

Only shot it once with jc000 on his SP5. An unforeseen lack of faithfulness by my prior spouse led to some extra financial expenditures in life, so I haven't gotten around to buying the host yet ;)

With that said, the hype is real and if you're trying to imagine how big it is, it's as big you're imagining and then some. This is to suppressors what the Lynx 50BMG bullpup rifle is to entry carbines....totally awesome, totally overboard.

757_Magnum
06-20-2022, 03:46 PM
Thanks so much for the feedback. Sorry to hear about the infidelity, but I guess it's better to learn about it sooner rather than later. If you're in the market for an MP5 clone anytime soon, the Century AP5 (MKE) is reportedly one of the better ones for the price, and they're running a $200 rebate until the end of August.

jc000
06-20-2022, 08:19 PM
With that said, the hype is real and if you're trying to imagine how big it is, it's as big you're imagining and then some. This is to suppressors what the Lynx 50BMG bullpup rifle is to entry carbines....totally awesome, totally overboard.

I can attest to that can being chunky, quiet and just a pleasure to shoot!

TGS are you back in the area?

CleverNickname
06-20-2022, 10:19 PM
I have a Gemtech Mk9K which the Phoenix is a clone of, and the only complaint I have is that there's a significant POI shift between suppressed and unsuppressed.

TGS
06-22-2022, 09:18 AM
I can attest to that can being chunky, quiet and just a pleasure to shoot!

TGS are you back in the area?

I'll be back this weekend, I'm in Europe right now.