PDA

View Full Version : iphone shot timer app?

Pistol Fan
05-25-2012, 10:00 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but this forum seems to contain a lot of folks that like to run drills and practice their craft, so it seems like a good place to ask. Has anyone ever thought of creating a shot timer app for the iphone? It has a microphone, speakers and a touch screen, and it's size and portability make it a great candidate. An app that allowed you to video simultaneously would be NICE. Then you could watch in slow motion as the clock display was running and "see" your splits. I can't write code, but does the population here think it would be a flop for lack of interest? I know I would buy it. One less item to forget in your range bag. Shot timer is always in your pocket.

peterb
05-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Has anyone ever thought of creating a shot timer app for the iphone?

There are a few, including one from Surefire. There's certainly room for a better one, but I don't know if the limitations of the current apps are hardware or software

JeffJ
05-25-2012, 10:54 AM
It's been discussed in a few threads - basically they don't work very well, but I used the surefire one for a few months until I bought my CED 7000

Pistol Fan
05-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Thanks. Thought I had an original idea for once. :rolleyes:

Boxy
05-29-2012, 11:14 AM
I have the sure fire app and it seems ok for the free price . Would not run it at match only informal training or drills. Don't leave phone in sun it will shut down!!!

Jason F
05-29-2012, 02:18 PM
My brother & I tried to use the SureFire app the other day at an indoor range, with no success. We could only get the app to register the first shot... after that it would either not register the next shots, or it would register phantom shots that weren't being fired. (Literally we could sit there and just watch the app, no shooting or anything moving, and it would record shots every couple seconds.... weird!).

We were alone on an indoor 6 lane range. Strange- but you get what you pay for I guess.

A shot timer will be on my Christmas list next year or something, because for me the SureFire app just didn't cut it. (On an iPhone 4 by the way).