View Full Version : Suppressor Covers?

Grey
05-08-2020, 08:48 AM
Who do we like for a suppressor cover?

Clusterfrack
05-08-2020, 10:28 AM
https://www.armageddongear.com/Suppressor-Covers

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/c45af49e959fbceb4fe413c83a493501.jpg

Note: do not melt aramid fibers from your cover in your taper mount. That’s hard to clean out.

bruceride
05-08-2020, 10:41 AM
I use the Armageddon Gear cover.

https://www.armageddongear.com/Suppressor-Cover

Works fine for slow fire on everything from 6.5 Creedmore to my AR pistol. Rapid fire in the pistol makes it too hot tho. They do have a version for this, I just haven't purchased one yet.

Paul D
05-08-2020, 10:46 AM
Does the Armageddon covers have some type of mechanism to prevent it from slipping forward on the can?

Clusterfrack
05-08-2020, 10:48 AM
Does the Armageddon covers have some type of mechanism to prevent it from slipping forward on the can?

Yep.

Grey
05-08-2020, 11:10 AM
https://www.armageddongear.com/Suppressor-Covers

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200508/c45af49e959fbceb4fe413c83a493501.jpg

Note: do not melt aramid fibers from your cover in your taper mount. That’s hard to clean out.

Good stuff, ordering.

LittleLebowski do you know of a cover for the EA Vox S?

DMCutter
05-09-2020, 07:52 PM
I have a Cole-Tac HTP on my Hybrid and a Cole-Tac high temp pouch for my Octane. They work well for me although I'm not a high speed low drag guy.

Default.mp3
05-09-2020, 07:57 PM
The Armageddon Gear looks to be more of a mirage cover rather than a true suppressor cover, even with the high temp cover. I am personally more interested in the Rifles Only HAD, or possibly the Burnproof Gear Heavy, for when my Warsport Suppressor Sock wears out. I've also heard that the Manta Suppressor Sleeve and Bowers SupCov are excellent options, albeit ugly as fuck. The Magpul by all accounts performs the best, but at the expense of very heavy weight.

Clusterfrack
05-09-2020, 08:47 PM
I don’t cover AR cans, just want them to cool ASAP. I have a folded and crumpled piece of aluminum foil that I wrap the can with so it doesn’t start a fire in my bag.

Paul D
05-09-2020, 11:42 PM
The Armageddon Gear looks to be more of a mirage cover rather than a true suppressor cover, even with the high temp cover. I am personally more interested in the Rifles Only HAD, or possibly the Burnproof Gear Heavy, for when my Warsport Suppressor Sock wears out. I've also heard that the Manta Suppressor Sleeve and Bowers SupCov are excellent options, albeit ugly as fuck. The Magpul by all accounts performs the best, but at the expense of very heavy weight.

The Manta works but it is big and kinda heavy. It was nice when I had it on my suppressed machine gun but it is cumbersome for more dynamic gun handling.

littlejerry
05-10-2020, 08:28 AM
Let's say I was running in a 2-gun biathlon event and had a suppressed AR. Max I'll shoot on any one stage is probably 45-60 rounds over a 3 minute duration, but typically only half that.

I need/want a cover to prevent burning the hell out of myself when I throw the rifle on my back and run to the next stage. What do I buy?

Clusterfrack
05-10-2020, 08:59 AM
Let's say I was running in a 2-gun biathlon event and had a suppressed AR. Max I'll shoot on any one stage is probably 45-60 rounds over a 3 minute duration, but typically only half that.

I need/want a cover to prevent burning the hell out of myself when I throw the rifle on my back and run to the next stage. What do I buy?

Will one of these silicone covers fit?

https://ustacticalsupply.com/search.aspx?find=suppressor+cover

Kyle Reese
05-10-2020, 09:28 AM
Will one of these silicone covers fit?

https://ustacticalsupply.com/search.aspx?find=suppressor+cover

I was running that exact model two years ago and found it to be less than satisfactory in pretty much every regard. On my Sandman K & Saker 556, it would shift around and not really protect my or my gear from a hot can. I 86'ed it after a few weeks of hard use.

El Cid
05-10-2020, 09:40 AM
I don’t cover AR cans, just want them to cool ASAP. I have a folded and crumpled piece of aluminum foil that I wrap the can with so it doesn’t start a fire in my bag.

I use Nomex pilot gloves much the same way.

Grey
05-10-2020, 11:40 AM
Thanks for all the input, I definitely need more of a "mirage cover" than a suppressor cover for my TBAC Ultra 7, I'll just run my Vox sans cover for a while and see how I like it. I might need to get a set of nomex gloves so I can handle my can while still hot.

littlejerry
05-12-2020, 08:53 AM
I was running that exact model two years ago and found it to be less than satisfactory in pretty much every regard. On my Sandman K & Saker 556, it would shift around and not really protect my or my gear from a hot can. I 86'ed it after a few weeks of hard use.

What do you use now?

LittleLebowski
05-12-2020, 09:00 AM
Thanks for all the input, I definitely need more of a "mirage cover" than a suppressor cover for my TBAC Ultra 7, I'll just run my Vox sans cover for a while and see how I like it. I might need to get a set of nomex gloves so I can handle my can while still hot.

On an AR, if you can remember not to touch the hot suppressor; I'd go without a cover if possible. Cools off much faster. I did an EAG/Pat Rogers carbine class sans suppressor cover and it wasn't a big deal.

On precision rifle with a can, I have found a suppressor cover absolutely necessary to mitigate mirage.

Kyle Reese
05-12-2020, 09:14 AM
What do you use now?

Right now, nothing. I haven’t been getting my cans as hot lately and finding a suitable replacement for the old cover has not been super high on my priority list. However, it’s on my radar now. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyle Reese
05-12-2020, 09:16 AM
On an AR, if you can remember not to touch the hot suppressor.

Not to worry- if you forget and touch your hot can, you’ll “remember” really fast not to do it in the future. Ask me how I know. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magsz
06-21-2020, 09:28 PM
On an AR, if you can remember not to touch the hot suppressor; I'd go without a cover if possible. Cools off much faster. I did an EAG/Pat Rogers carbine class sans suppressor cover and it wasn't a big deal.

On precision rifle with a can, I have found a suppressor cover absolutely necessary to mitigate mirage.

I tend to agree with this for 95% of the time. Depending on weapon, sling setup and the type of class, you're going to want to set up the gun accordingly.

Running two points allows you to trap the weapon fairly well, even when transitioning from a primary to a secondary. Running a single point means your muzzle is free to do what it will.

I have a burn proof gear heavy wrap for my turbo k. Its a decent bit of kit and it stays on but I will tell anyone interested in this to go ahead and over size the wrap a bit so it sits over the end and rear of the can, kind of like a chinese finger trap. The original wrap that i bought was way too short and would NOT stay on the can as it was free to slide fore or aft, right off the tube.