PDA

View Full Version : OP Trigger Bar for the PX4

LangdonTactical
05-01-2020, 06:05 PM
OK, we got them back from NP3 a little sooner than expected. We have a couple hundred in stock. The new Optimise Performance Trigger Bar for the PX4. Reduction in over travel with a huge reduction in reset.

We will launch this officially next week. But they are available and wanted to give you guys the first shot at them.

https://www.langdontactical.com/optimized-performance-trigger-bar/

The 10 lb hammer spring are up on the sight as well.

WobblyPossum
05-01-2020, 06:39 PM
Will this trigger bar now be the default one included if someone were to order a PX4CC from the website?

snow white
05-01-2020, 06:50 PM
Just ordered one, thanks man.

Tim92G
05-01-2020, 07:42 PM
I just ordered 1 for my PX4CC Mod2, I installed the np3 spurless hammer last month.

DLWinner
05-01-2020, 08:19 PM
Well.... I guess I got some ordering to do.

HCountyGuy
05-01-2020, 08:44 PM
I’ve not really fiddled much with the innards of the PX4. How hard is it to swap the trigger bar?

And thank you Mr Langdon!

This place is seriously starting to hurt my wallet...

sheepdog
05-01-2020, 09:08 PM
Oh man, just in time for my 40% salary reduction. Damn COVID-19. Nonetheless, I am very excited because I will get this for my PX4 Storm Compact soon. This is absolutely phenomenal news! Now I have to ask myself, Why am I holding onto my P229?

Oh that's right, it's chambered in .357 SIG. Oh well, I'll have to keep both.

medmo
05-03-2020, 08:34 AM
Heck yes! Got one ordered. I’m all giddy about it. Thanks!

gato naranja
05-03-2020, 06:36 PM
I am tempted, but my PX4 Subcompacts already have great DA pulls while the SA is just this far away (thumb and forefinger close) from being too light for me to be comfortable. I wonder if I could convert a subcompact to DAO and...

NWshooter
05-03-2020, 11:05 PM
I’ve not really fiddled much with the innards of the PX4. How hard is it to swap the trigger bar?

And thank you Mr Langdon!

This

I’m sure I’m like a lot of posters here that don’t have the proper skill set to just start working on the inner workings of a Beretta.

And then have the confidence that they’ll go bang, with I pull the trigger.

But I’m sure I’ll be searching YouTube and EL’s channel to figure out how.

medmo
05-04-2020, 01:21 AM
I am tempted, but my PX4 Subcompacts already have great DA pulls while the SA is just this far away (thumb and forefinger close) from being too light for me to be comfortable. I wonder if I could convert a subcompact to DAO and...

Can it be too light? Nah, I don't think so. This shouldn't "lighten" the SA. It should just allow you to get back on it quicker. I don't "ride the reset" when shooting pistols. I have pinned the trigger a few times though when practicing double taps with the Px4. First round DA then SA for the second rapidly. I think this will solve it.

sheepdog
05-04-2020, 01:39 AM

The biggest advantage to me is the rest (shortened to 1/10th inch or less which is like a SIG SRT or PPQ). I don't normally need a super short reset, but virtually all of my guns have a shorter reset than what the PX4 Storm comes with which makes me slightly more apt to not let it out all the way.

Gumby
05-04-2020, 02:02 AM
Have one on my 92 now, I can get one for my px4!!!

gato naranja
05-04-2020, 03:22 PM
Can it be too light? Nah, I don't think so. This shouldn't "lighten" the SA. It should just allow you to get back on it quicker. I don't "ride the reset" when shooting pistols. I have pinned the trigger a few times though when practicing double taps with the Px4. First round DA then SA for the second rapidly. I think this will solve it.

Hmmm...

I have gotten the unintentional second tap on occasion, and now I am not sure if it is the SA pull weight, the reset or a combination of the two. I had best figure this out.

But I really, really don't like shooting pistols with super-light trigger pulls, and my groups with same tend towards flyers.

beenalongtime
05-05-2020, 10:39 AM
Will this trigger bar now be the default one included if someone were to order a PX4CC from the website?

Interested in this as well as the newer carry levers, the barrel cut, NP3 (what all does that go on), etc? (full boat PX4)

learnerpermitted
05-05-2020, 01:33 PM
I see this being a good option if you plan on competing with the PX4 but as a carry gun, the SA pull is kind of too light for me with the 11# spring. with the limited time at the range, one class, and local matches im starting to get comfortable with it. WITH a shorter reset, I would be a little concerned with accidentally pulling the trigger a second time following the recoil of an initial trigger pull. I would be even more concerned with letting a new shooter shoot my PX4CC with a 11# spring and OP bar because their finger control may not be up to par.

All this to say, I love my PX4CC with just an 11# spring and bicycle grip sleeve. It feels perfect for me.

LangdonTactical
05-05-2020, 03:45 PM
Hmmm...

I have gotten the unintentional second tap on occasion, and now I am not sure if it is the SA pull weight, the reset or a combination of the two. I had best figure this out.

But I really, really don't like shooting pistols with super-light trigger pulls, and my groups with same tend towards flyers.

The single-action can be made heavier without making the DA heavier. That is not hard to do if that is what you want.

LangdonTactical
05-05-2020, 03:47 PM

Yes, we are updating all that stuff now. It should be ready to go and easy to do shortly. All 6 of the PX4 CC that we did this morning upgraded to the OP trigger bar, 6 of them were full house NP3 guns.

gato naranja
05-05-2020, 05:58 PM
The single-action can be made heavier without making the DA heavier. That is not hard to do if that is what you want.

That would probably be the way I ought to go. Between the 12# hammer spring, deburring and NP3 on the trigger bar, hammer and other bits, my pet PX4 Subcompact is a handful in SA. I love my Subcompacts,* but once I get the DA where I want it, it seems like the SA has gone a bridge too far.

*The Rodney Dangerfields of the PX4 family- they get no respect.

medmo
05-06-2020, 12:55 PM
Sweet news. USPS revised the ETA. Instead of Friday it’s out for delivery today! I’m not all stoked or anything like that at all. The patient is prepped and ready for the transplant.

Toddles
05-06-2020, 03:55 PM
Mine arrived today and I quickly dropped it in my compact carry. Reset feels just as awesome as the 92 OP bar.

Should be able to get some range time in with it tomorrow. I will note that I have managed to short-stroke the factory px4 bar a handful of times, I don't see that being an issue anymore. :cool:

Manbearspider
05-06-2020, 05:15 PM
Well, this has put me over the edge on doing a PX4 Full size build. Let the spending begin!

medmo
05-06-2020, 08:08 PM
Picked it up from the mailbox earlier this afternoon and completed the transplant. Finally got a chance to run out and test it with 50, (25 DA and 25 SA), rounds of Tula, steel case, 115gr FMJ and the 10# LTT hammer spring. The DA feels more more slick with the LTT Opto Perf Trigger Bar. Pretty sure the weight dropped some. Will need to vise up the pistol again and do a 10 pull average with the Lyman. The reset is now “pop!” right there and matches my 92A1 with the Opto Perf Trigger Bar. It’s as good as the best triggers I’ve stroked, reset-wise. Hell, it’s just the best all around. One more time I’m amazed with Ernest’s work and LTT’s stuff.

gato naranja
05-07-2020, 02:22 AM
Picked it up from the mailbox earlier this afternoon and completed the transplant. Finally got a chance to run out and test it with 50, (25 DA and 25 SA), rounds of Tula, steel case, 115gr FMJ and the 10# LTT hammer spring. The DA feels more more slick with the LTT Opto Perf Trigger Bar. Pretty sure the weight dropped some. Will need to vise up the pistol again and do a 10 pull average with the Lyman. The reset is now “pop!” right there and matches my 92A1 with the Opto Perf Trigger Bar. It’s as good as the best triggers I’ve stroked, reset-wise. Hell, it’s just the best all around. One more time I’m amazed with Ernest’s work and LTT’s stuff.

Have you noticed much difference in the overtravel?

medmo
05-07-2020, 11:09 AM
Have you noticed much difference in the overtravel?

Yes, both over travel and reset reduced significantly. I originally planned on trying to measure both but I failed. I got all excited, swapped out the old one and got some rounds running through it as quick as I could.

Toddles
05-07-2020, 12:26 PM
Ran 3 boxes through it this morning. Is nice. Is very nice. It's even easier to shoot at speed than before.

Even with it's quirks, the px4 compact carry is just. so. shootable. I don't know what the magic is, but even with its mediocre grip texture the thing locks into my hands and shoots exactly where I look without effort.

DLWinner
05-07-2020, 01:44 PM
I ordered mine today along with an np3 bobbed hammer and the 10# hammer spring. Can’t wait to get them installed.
Now if Beretta repair center can hurry up and open, I can get my front sight fixed and be back in business.

medmo
05-08-2020, 12:18 AM
I see this being a good option if you plan on competing with the PX4 but as a carry gun, the SA pull is kind of too light for me with the 11# spring. with the limited time at the range, one class, and local matches im starting to get comfortable with it. WITH a shorter reset, I would be a little concerned with accidentally pulling the trigger a second time following the recoil of an initial trigger pull. I would be even more concerned with letting a new shooter shoot my PX4CC with a 11# spring and OP bar because their finger control may not be up to par.

All this to say, I love my PX4CC with just an 11# spring and bicycle grip sleeve. It feels perfect for me.

Nice, keep up on the practice and matches. Also, check out dry firing drills. All of those things that will help you get more experience and confidence as a shooter that will enable you to take advantage of these enhancements are well worthwhile. In the actual self defense world of pistol competition there is no 2nd place winners. Keep up the good work.

LangdonTactical
05-08-2020, 12:52 PM

Thanks for the kind words and feedback.

SSGN_Doc
05-09-2020, 10:36 AM
Got my TJIB with OPTB Thursday evening. Been running a factory stock trigger group with 12# hammer spring , pretty much since I bought the pistol. Over 3,000 rounds but popping the hammers off of each trigger unit, shows where some of the best improvements come from. The stone work and polishing are definite improvements. My stock hammer/sear show uneven contact surfaces and roughness that contributed to creep and grit, when running the trigger slow.

https://i.postimg.cc/43m7MfRR/37449887-7-BC4-4-D7-D-904-C-C0-DDDB553875.jpg (https://postimg.cc/kVPgRd5T)

https://i.postimg.cc/pL05q97B/E00-E6-B6-B-957-D-48-E1-8949-49-AACF9-CA879.jpg (https://postimg.cc/PCwqqqdL)

After popping in the LTT parts, the benefits of the handwork, the coatings, and improved geometry of the trigger bar are easy to feel. Stayed with a 12# hammer spring.

I understand that the 92 hammer is used in this kit because it is what Beretta uses in the competition trigger group. With the reduced power springs, am I wrong in thinking a lighter hammer for increased hammer speed and decreased lock time could also be an improvement for ignition?

PX4 Storm Tracker
05-09-2020, 03:24 PM
LangdonTactical Will you be making an OP trigger bar for the .45 Storm?

PX4 Storm Tracker
05-10-2020, 12:08 PM
LangdonTactical Have you considered making a slightly lighter sear spring?

LangdonTactical
05-13-2020, 05:34 PM
LangdonTactical Will you be making an OP trigger bar for the .45 Storm?

Unfortunately, there are no real plans for the PX4 .45. It's a great gun, but the volume just will not support the development cost or the minimums on what I have to have built.

PX4 Storm Tracker
05-13-2020, 05:39 PM
Unfortunately, there are no real plans for the PX4 .45. It's a great gun, but the volume just will not support the development cost or the minimums on what I have to have built.

Most understandable, thanks.

LangdonTactical
05-13-2020, 05:40 PM
LangdonTactical Have you considered making a slightly lighter sear spring?

Well, there are two answers to that. One, the competition trigger group already has a slightly lighter sear spring. Two, we do not see any need to make a lighter sear spring for the PX4. I have yet to have anyone complain about the single-action not being light enough. We have had people say that it is too light, so much so that we have changed our work there a little bring the single up a little closer to 4 pounds. It is easy to make it too light as it is, and we do not even touch the sear springs on our PX4 trigger work, they are plenty light enough as they come.

I hope this helps.

PX4 Storm Tracker
05-13-2020, 05:47 PM
Well, there are two answers to that. One, the competition trigger group already has a slightly lighter sear spring. Two, we do not see any need to make a lighter sear spring for the PX4. I have yet to have anyone complain about the single-action not being light enough. We have had people say that it is too light, so much so that we have changed our work there a little bring the single up a little closer to 4 pounds. It is easy to make it too light as it is, and we do not even touch the sear springs on our PX4 trigger work, they are plenty light enough as they come.

I hope this helps.

Very helpful, thanks. I did not know the Competition Trigger Group had a lighter spring. That is good information.

DLWinner
05-13-2020, 07:41 PM
I received mine yesterday and installed it along with the 10# hammer spring and the bobbed np3 hammer. Reset is waaaay better than before. Trigger isn’t as mushy as before and much more predictable. Almost feels heavier but better.

Another satisfied customer. Langdon parts are a must in my opinion.

LangdonTactical
05-14-2020, 11:30 AM
I received mine yesterday and installed it along with the 10# hammer spring and the bobbed np3 hammer. Reset is waaaay better than before. Trigger isn’t as mushy as before and much more predictable. Almost feels heavier but better.

Another satisfied customer. Langdon parts are a must in my opinion.

Yes, many people that think their SA is too light can just change the hammer, and it will likely bring the SA weight back up little.

KBM_NC
05-15-2020, 04:54 AM
Yes, many people that think their SA is too light can just change the hammer, and it will likely bring the SA weight back up little.

Ernest, with changing the hammer, is it the actual weight of the hammer that can affect the SA weight? If so, does a heavier hammer make the SA pull a little heavier or lighter? I’m trying to understand the cause and effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheepdog
05-18-2020, 08:16 PM
I received and installed my OP trigger bar for my PX4 Storm Compact today. Wow, it really is excellent. I guesstimate with my cheap calipers that it's about .10". It seems my SIG P229 Enhanced Elite with the SRT is about .12". My Performance Center M&P Shield is about .13-.14" and my regular M&P M2.0 Subcompact is about .15-.16". I'm sure if I measured it again they might all come out a little different, but I think they order from shortest to longest holds true:

1. Beretta PX4 Storm Compact with new LTT OP trigger bar
2. SIG P229 Enhanced Elite with SRT
3. S&W Performance Center M&P9 M2.0 Shield
4. S&W M&P9 M2.0 Subcompact

The first three are all short enough for me. The regular M&P is fine too but I can take it or leave it. The LTT Beretta just gets more and more amazing!

Here is a word of advice if you're doing the install...

1. Keep in mind if you have TalonGrips, you might have to move a tad to access the pins on both sides of the frame.

2. Ernest does a great job showing you what to do in his video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQum92bi5J8&feature=youtu.be), but he forgot to mention verbally what he did to keep the trigger assembly from flying away before it's too late.

Again, he shows you just fine, but if you're not paying close visual attention, you may send the trigger group (hammer unit assembly) flying as I did (it literally shot up and completely out of the frame and landed on my bench. lol It didn't hurt anything, of course, so don't worry, but for a second I thought I might have messed something up (I am no gunsmith).

So if you watch what Ernest is doing completely before attempting it yourself, he completely removes the larger "Hammer/Frame Pin" (54 in the diagram below), but
THEN—when he takes out the thinner "Hammer Assembly Pin" (55)—he leaves the punch inside the frame to keep the trigger group under spring tension so it doesn't take off (again, he shows you, but he doesn't say it so if you're doing this in real time like a bone head like me you might miss this).

3. When it comes to installing the new OP trigger bar, you might have to fiddle around a little bit more than in the video if you're not experienced like Ernest. Just make sure you play with the trigger a bit if you're running into trouble when you're trying to position the trigger bar where it needs to go in relation to the trigger group. I was doing this with a stock PX4 which looks slightly different than the competition/trigger job in the bag version, but it's basically the same thing in the photo he shows.

Start to finish it took me five minutes or less, and the outcome is steller. It is a very short crisp reset. The best I have, so thank you Ernest Langdon!

I do have a question if anyone knows. I removed the stock hammer spring for the first time. I had bought a "PX4 Type D Hammer Spring" awhile ago when I bought the pistol but never installed it (I figured I'd throw it in now and I did). My question is what pound is the factory hammer spring versus the D hammer spring? I know LTT has 10 & 11 lb. springs now, but I am just trying to gauge it because I feel might want to go lighter. I'm pulling about 8 lbs. on average in DA and 5 lbs. on average in SA. If I understand correctly, I'd have to get the trigger in a bag or competition trigger group to reduce the SA trigger pull significantly (approximately 30%). Correct? I seems that this did lower it a bit because it was more like 5.5 lbs. My DA started out about 9-10 lbs.

Anyway, I am very happy with this pistol now, but I might do a post showing the problems I had along the way. If I had to do it over from scratch I would absolutely been better off buying from LTT to begin with, but I also know there are people out there that can't afford it up front or who already own a PX4 Storm (or get an incredible deal on one). I did like preserving the ambi slide stop, however, but again, this is not a Glock. It doesn't take any skill to fully detail strip a Glock and put it back together again. I can remove and install sights on a glock with a hammer, punch, book, and front sight wrench. A PX4 Storm Compct is more of a headache as you can see below (though still worth it in the end).

Stuck...

This is not the right sight tool (don't use this if you have one):

It didn't feel great when I bent the sight and broke the tritium vial I had just purchased from LTT... (not his fault of course)...

This is the sight when it came back from Beretta who replaced it...

In my opinion it may have had to do with the milling issues I posted about in the past. It looks like I botched the front sight as it sits higher on the left side of the dovetail, but it is like this also from the one Beretta sent back. The one Beretta gave me was also significantly dimmer than the one I started out with from LTT (probably old stock).

I won't show all the little imperfections in my slide, but here are some...

This is where the lines intersect almost perfectly...

On the other side they sometimes don't...

Of course, it helps to know what a starter punch is when you go to change the controls. Small punches are surprising hard to find. I actually ended up ordering ones from Beretta but managed to destroy a few before I finally prevailed.

I will likely get another PX4 Storm Compact, and I will definitely buy it from LTT. I learned a lot, but I am not going to risk a repeat performance.

medmo
05-18-2020, 11:11 PM
Quoting sheepdog: “ The LTT Beretta just gets more and more amazing!”

True fact! I couldn’t agree more. I’ve said it before and have to say it again. LTT has pushed this platform well beyond TDA. Nothing much traditional left on it and it’s in a class of its own.

DLWinner
05-19-2020, 05:50 AM
I received and installed my OP trigger bar for my PX4 Storm Compact today. Wow, it really is excellent. I guesstimate with my cheap calipers that it's about .10". It seems my SIG P229 Enhanced Elite with the SRT is about .12". My Performance Center M&P Shield is about .13-.14" and my regular M&P M2.0 Subcompact is about .15-.16". I'm sure if I measured it again they might all come out a little different, but I think they order from shortest to longest holds true:

1. Beretta PX4 Storm Compact with new LTT OP trigger bar
2. SIG P229 Enhanced Elite with SRT
3. S&W Performance Center M&P9 M2.0 Shield
4. S&W M&P9 M2.0 Subcompact

The first three are all short enough for me. The regular M&P is fine too but I can take it or leave it. The LTT Beretta just gets more and more amazing!

Here is a word of advice if you're doing the install...

1. Keep in mind if you have TalonGrips, you might have to move a tad to access the pins on both sides of the frame.

2. Ernest does a great job showing you what to do in his video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQum92bi5J8&feature=youtu.be), but he forgot to mention verbally what he did to keep the trigger assembly from flying away before it's too late.

Again, he shows you just fine, but if you're not paying close visual attention, you may send the trigger group (hammer unit assembly) flying as I did (it literally shot up and completely out of the frame and landed on my bench. lol It didn't hurt anything, of course, so don't worry, but for a second I thought I might have messed something up (I am no gunsmith).

So if you watch what Ernest is doing completely before attempting it yourself, he completely removes the larger "Hammer/Frame Pin" (54 in the diagram below), but
THEN—when he takes out the thinner "Hammer Assembly Pin" (55)—he leaves the punch inside the frame to keep the trigger group under spring tension so it doesn't take off (again, he shows you, but he doesn't say it so if you're doing this in real time like a bone head like me you might miss this).

3. When it comes to installing the new OP trigger bar, you might have to fiddle around a little bit more than in the video if you're not experienced like Ernest. Just make sure you play with the trigger a bit if you're running into trouble when you're trying to position the trigger bar where it needs to go in relation to the trigger group. I was doing this with a stock PX4 which looks slightly different than the competition/trigger job in the bag version, but it's basically the same thing in the photo he shows.

Start to finish it took me five minutes or less, and the outcome is steller. It is a very short crisp reset. The best I have, so thank you Ernest Langdon!

I do have a question if anyone knows. I removed the stock hammer spring for the first time. I had bought a "PX4 Type D Hammer Spring" awhile ago when I bought the pistol but never installed it (I figured I'd throw it in now and I did). My question is what pound is the factory hammer spring versus the D hammer spring? I know LTT has 10 & 11 lb. springs now, but I am just trying to gauge it because I feel might want to go lighter. I'm pulling about 8 lbs. on average in DA and 5 lbs. on average in SA. If I understand correctly, I'd have to get the trigger in a bag or competition trigger group to reduce the SA trigger pull significantly (approximately 30%). Correct? I seems that this did lower it a bit because it was more like 5.5 lbs. My DA started out about 9-10 lbs.

Anyway, I am very happy with this pistol now, but I might do a post showing the problems I had along the way. If I had to do it over from scratch I would absolutely been better off buying from LTT to begin with, but I also know there are people out there that can't afford it up front or who already own a PX4 Storm (or get an incredible deal on one). I did like preserving the ambi slide stop, however, but again, this is not a Glock. It doesn't take any skill to fully detail strip a Glock and put it back together again. I can remove and install sights on a glock with a hammer, punch, book, and front sight wrench. A PX4 Storm Compct is more of a headache as you can see below (though still worth it in the end).

Stuck...

This is not the right sight tool (don't use this if you have one):

It didn't feel great when I bent the sight and broke the tritium vial I had just purchased from LTT... (not his fault of course)...

This is the sight when it came back from Beretta who replaced it...

In my opinion it may have had to do with the milling issues I posted about in the past. It looks like I botched the front sight as it sits higher on the left side of the dovetail, but it is like this also from the one Beretta sent back. The one Beretta gave me was also significantly dimmer than the one I started out with from LTT (probably old stock).

I won't show all the little imperfections in my slide, but here are some...

This is where the lines intersect almost perfectly...

On the other side they sometimes don't...

Of course, it helps to know what a starter punch is when you go to change the controls. Small punches are surprising hard to find. I actually ended up ordering ones from Beretta but managed to destroy a few before I finally prevailed.

I will likely get another PX4 Storm Compact, and I will definitely buy it from LTT. I learned a lot, but I am not going to risk a repeat performance.

Awesome post. Beretta bent my front sight also when they installed it. Ever so slightly. The left side of the sight base looks like yours so I think that’s normal.
Still waiting for them to open up so I can send mine in to have it fixed.

medmo
05-19-2020, 10:30 AM
Beretta bent my front sight also when they installed it. Ever so slightly.

That’s not cool. I’d be a little steamed that they shipped it back with a bent front sight. When I pulled my front sight off I cleaned up the dovetail with a needle file before reinstalling and also lightly polished the dovetail with 800 grit paper. Lightly, not trying to change the dimensions of it. I use an aluminum cleaning rod section belt sanded to shape to drive the sights with a small ball peen hammer. And patience. I have to reshape the tip of the rod after several strikes because it mushes out and deforms. The aluminum marks left on the sight/slide clean off with a CLP and tooth brush scrub.

sheepdog
05-19-2020, 01:45 PM
Awesome post. Beretta bent my front sight also when they installed it. Ever so slightly. The left side of the sight base looks like yours so I think that’s normal.

Wow, my experience with the Beretta warranty people left a lot to be desired as well, and now I am afraid what's going to happen the next time I install replacement sights given that these are obviously old inventory (very dim). If it wasn't otherwise such a great pistol (and in no small way due to Ernest Langdon), I would have washed my hands of Beretta, but the pistol is phenomenal, I must admit. I just wish given the short sight radius they could have made a t-cap front sight which is .12". Then again, it would make it that much easier to bend given their dovetail issues. I also wish the rear sight was serrated which always provides more contrast.

So do you think the left side of the sight base is normal or merely common? Obviously they wouldn't have designed it to look asymmetrical this way, but they considered the holes in my dovetail "normal" as well (which is truly absurd). They also told me tritium only lasts three years. I told the guy it is fairly standard for night sight manufacturers to warranty tritium for 10-12 years. He acted like I was crazy. He also disparaged Glock alluding to it being an inferior product. I reminded him that I never had any quality control issues with the six Glocks I've owned. They tried to charge me something like $120-$130 dollars. I told them I shouldn't have to pay and that I wanted a new slide. They compromised by giving me free replacement sights & install but would not issue me a new slide. I asked to talk to his supervisor and he said he was the highest authority at that particular Beretta Service Center (which didn't exactly inspire confidence). Obviously Beretta is great at designing firearms, but they're manufacturing execution in Italy leaves a lot to desired (at least in my sample of one and a few others I've read about), and at least this particular service center in the U.S. was not an apple that fell far from the tree (Beretta USA Corp., Service Department 17601 Beretta Drive
Accokeek, Maryland 20607).

As such I will only buy a Beretta pistol through Langdon Tactical. I understand it's still no guarantee given LTT guns come from the factory, but I imagine they usually don't stick LTT or Wilson Combat with the pistols that barely pass (or shouldn't have passed) their QC.

sheepdog
05-19-2020, 01:53 PM
The left side of the sight base looks like yours so I think that’s normal.

By the way, do your lines not intersect symmetrically like the ones I circled in green and red in my pictures? I have a feeling this is why we see more of the sight base on the left. The calibration was off in their CNC machining, but the fact that both of our sights bent demonstrates to me that can't be the only thing off.

PX4 Storm Tracker
05-19-2020, 02:04 PM
sheepdog , do you remember the name of the representative from the service department that you spoke with?

DLWinner
05-19-2020, 02:23 PM
By the way, do your lines not intersect symmetrically like the ones I circled in green and red in my pictures? I have a feeling this is why we see more of the sight base on the left. The calibration was off in their CNC machining, but the fact that both of our sights bent demonstrates to me that can't be the only thing off.

My lines look the same on both sides.

medmo
05-19-2020, 02:46 PM

beenalongtime
05-19-2020, 03:27 PM

I do have a question if anyone knows. I removed the stock hammer spring for the first time. I had bought a "PX4 Type D Hammer Spring" awhile ago when I bought the pistol but never installed it (I figured I'd throw it in now and I did). My question is what pound is the factory hammer spring versus the D hammer spring?

Before Langdon, the PX4 was popular on the Beretta Forums. I tried the Talon's on one gun (subcompact) and the fit wasn't great, so I looked at other options. My choice (and I am happy with them), are Grip-on's, and they are cut to allow pin access. (there are other options)
I remember from this thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?16519-The-PX4-Compact-might-be-my-DA-SA-Glock-19/

In that thread (stuck with me) the Cougar D spring was listed at about 12.5#, and while I don't remember (and can't find) the PX4 factory spring, it is lighter then a factory 92 D spring.
I do wish the pin's weren't metric. I could just get replacement punches at my local hardware store, without grinding on them and worrying about softening the metal.

sheepdog
05-19-2020, 09:29 PM
sheepdog , do you remember the name of the representative from the service department that you spoke with?

I THINK so, but even if I was sure, I'd rather not get that specific, but I will say it wasn't Dave.

sheepdog
05-19-2020, 09:52 PM
I just have to say it again. Wow! This OP trigger bar made all the difference in the world. Unfortunately I can't shoot my PX4 Storm Compact until my range opens again next week. :mad:

MountainRaven
04-24-2024, 09:08 PM
Anybody have any idea when LTT will be making more of these?

Basher
04-27-2024, 09:57 AM
Anybody have any idea when LTT will be making more of these?

Nope, but I was surprised to read your post and find that they were, indeed, out of stock. I can only hope it's because of the recent rash of attention the PX4 has received, which I view as a good thing. I'd be shocked if they didn't have another large batch in process!

MountainRaven
05-14-2024, 09:21 PM
Got emails from LTT today saying that the PX4 TJIB and OPT bars were back in stock and... by the time I got around to actually jumping on LTT's website to order them (two hours later), they were gone.

So I guess they're moving pretty fast - on the rare occasion they're in stock.