PDA

View Full Version : Data Collection Poll: Defensive Pistol Platforms You Carry

RevolverRob
04-30-2020, 08:14 PM
Curious as to what folks actually are using these days. Select the truthful answer of the firearm platform/model that you carry THE most.

If you’re tied because you carry a primary and back-up - give us the PRIMARY. Example: If you carry a G19 and a J-Frame everyday - Tell us Glock 19. However, if it’s mostly J-Frame and the G19 comes out on the weekends, select J-frame.

No need to respond directly to this thread. FYI; who selects what answer is not data available to me, nor do I want it or intend to collect it. Further, the data from this poll will only be disseminated and/or used on P-F.

You might ask yourself, “Why do this?” - If you’re new to P-F (i.e., you’ve joined us in the last 2-3 years), you may not realize P-F has a tradition of trying to generate and understand data and patterns. We’re not attempting anything nefarious here, merely looking at the trends in P-F members who respond to this poll. Such data might be used to help us inform certain discussions or prompt certain kinds of threads.

If in the end you feel uncomfortable answering the poll, don’t answer it.

If your specific choice is not present, select “Other”. You can tell us in a post, IF YOU WANT TO, but “others” will be grouped together in the final analysis.

-

Because responses are not necessary, I’ll probably bump this thread every few days for ~2 weeks.

Paul D
04-30-2020, 08:16 PM
Glock 17 G4 with RMR06.

WobblyPossum
04-30-2020, 08:18 PM
I’m not seeing a poll. It’s a G19 again though.

wvincent
04-30-2020, 08:28 PM
Voted.
Of course, you already knew, STI Staccato C

BWT
04-30-2020, 08:30 PM
Glock 34 Gen 5.

I was so reluctant to buy one. I owned five different Glock models - two different generation 26 and 19’s.

I finally bought one once the slide was enclosed, the front lip was right, it had serrations, cut for a RDS, and I like the finish of the new Gen 5’s.

I’m very impressed. I might change the sights, but other then that - I’m extremely happy and I carry it all the time. I carried it today with the baby in a stroller for a walk in the neighborhood.

I never could get comfortable with the other models. Carrying a 34 AIWB - didn’t see that being what would win my heart.

Guerrero
04-30-2020, 08:34 PM
Beretta PX4CC

Grey
04-30-2020, 08:35 PM
ATF hacked Robs account... ITS A TRAP!

rd62
04-30-2020, 08:38 PM
Its really a coin toss between the G19 and the J frame and is typically driven by attire/environment.

olstyn
04-30-2020, 08:46 PM
My answer hasn't changed since the last time someone else ran a similar poll (IIRC it was Nephrology - there were fancy pie charts) - I'm still carrying a Walther P99c AS 9mm. For that matter, my answer hasn't changed in the entire time I've been a member of this forum; I'm not much of a gun switcher. :)

Borderland
04-30-2020, 08:53 PM
ATF hacked Robs account... ITS A TRAP!

The black drones are already here. My dog heard them last night. They only come at night.

Maybe Rob works for the ATF.

J frame. I never go anywhere where I would actually have to shoot someone. If I did they got way too close.

vcdgrips
04-30-2020, 08:53 PM
G35 AIWB

BehindBlueI's
04-30-2020, 08:59 PM
Glock 17M if I'm out of the house, except when jogging. Even I'm bored of me.

Stephanie B
04-30-2020, 09:00 PM
Things changed for me with a couple of reports of friends being target-assessed in the parking lots of local grocery stores last month. I put aside my beloved K-frames in favor of a 1911.

So.... most carried over the last few years: Medium framed revolver. Most carried as of now:1911.

lwt16
04-30-2020, 09:02 PM
Glock 45 with TLR7 A on duty as well as off duty. Issued duty pistol.

Regards.

RevolverRob
04-30-2020, 09:04 PM
Gotta admit - the number of PX4s already responded surprises me.

Either PX4s are really more common than I thought - or the PX4 dudes all come out at 8:30pm CST...

Clusterfrack
04-30-2020, 09:08 PM
CZ P-07.

Sero Sed Serio
04-30-2020, 09:46 PM
Hipster gun here: DA/SA HK P2000 9mm carried AIWB. Occasionally an SK when I need something a little lower profile.

During the sorta-lockdown in AZ where "work clothes" consist of gym shorts and a t-shirt on formal days, and pajamas on casual days, the SCD-equipped G42 has been getting the nod for short trips around the neighborhood. But when the world is normal, the HK is the norm.

Hoping to wring out a pair of G19s with ACROs later this year, but they're on the back burner for other projects/in hope that Aimpoint will do something about the battery life issue.

MistWolf
04-30-2020, 10:18 PM
P-365

Joe in PNG
04-30-2020, 10:26 PM
I was surprised last summer at how easy my Colt Commander 9mm was to carry IWB, so that's now the default.

JAD
04-30-2020, 10:53 PM
I was surprised last summer at how easy my Colt Commander 9mm was to carry IWB, so that's now the default.

It’s certainly easier to carry a J frame, but the commander is by far the easiest service pistol to carry.

boing
04-30-2020, 10:56 PM
Either PX4s are really more common than I thought...

Only on PF. It’s got a lot going for it outside the usual forums...Pizza, TDA, Langdon...

wvincent
04-30-2020, 11:34 PM
Sooo, I'm the ONLY person carrying an STI 2011?
Awkward......
I feel like I need to be held.

Joe in PNG
04-30-2020, 11:42 PM
Awkward......

There's always 'held- in contempt'.

SecondsCount
04-30-2020, 11:45 PM
Things changed for me with a couple of reports of friends being target-assessed in the parking lots of local grocery stores last month. I put aside my beloved K-frames in favor of a 1911.

So.... most carried over the last few years: Medium framed revolver. Most carried as of now:1911.

I'm still a big 1911 fan :cool:

After almost 7 years of carrying a P2000 LEM, I switched to a P30sk LEM and am digging it.

RevolverRob
04-30-2020, 11:49 PM
Awkward......

I woulda been the second one - but I answered my own poll truthfully - J-Frame.

MichaelD
04-30-2020, 11:49 PM
I've only carried one of two guns since I first got my permit back in 2009; either an M&P9 or an M&P9c.

Suvorov
04-30-2020, 11:56 PM
My vote was for my duty gun which I end up carrying the most because I live in a county that does not deem me worthy to protect myself or family while at the mall despite the fact I carry arms daily in an environment far more sensitive.

When allowed to legally exercise my 2A rights, I carry a Beretta 92 compact.

Wise_A
05-01-2020, 12:14 AM
I would point out that "Double-Stack Glock 9mm", for instance, covers a lot of territory. I don't particularly think that my 10-shot G26 is anywhere near someone else's G17 from the standpoint of either capacity or daily effort. Similarly, it doesn't take into account the effect of magazine caps.

Not that I personally would carry anything with more butt on it, as the G26 is right at the outside edge of the low amount of effort I put in.

Other thought: how many folks, like me, have their choices skewed by the requirements of carry in their locale? Where I'm from, accidentally exposing your CCW can result in losing your carry, if not your handgun permit. Hence my choice of AIWB G26; it can only really get uncovered if I try hard. If accidental exposure carried less of a penalty, I might instead opt for OWB of something with more capacity or caliber. .40 or .45 USP Compact sounds intriguing as of late.

Le Français
05-01-2020, 12:28 AM
My vote was for my duty gun which I end up carrying the most because I live in a county that does not deem me worthy to protect myself or family while at the mall despite the fact I carry arms daily in an environment far more sensitive.

When allowed to legally exercise my 2A rights, I carry a Beretta 92 compact.

Is your duty gun a USP40c LEM? I like those compact USPs.

My carry gun is a G26.

Suvorov
05-01-2020, 12:50 AM
Is your duty gun a USP40c LEM? I like those compact USPs.

My carry gun is a G26.

They are a good gun.

Medusa
05-01-2020, 01:17 AM
LTT 92C.

Totem Polar
05-01-2020, 01:39 AM
LCR.

I’m sure folks are astonished.

RevolverRob
05-01-2020, 03:23 AM
I would point out that "Double-Stack Glock 9mm", for instance, covers a lot of territory. I don't particularly think that my 10-shot G26 is anywhere near someone else's G17 from the standpoint of either capacity or daily effort. Similarly, it doesn't take into account the effect of magazine caps.

Not that I personally would carry anything with more butt on it, as the G26 is right at the outside edge of the low amount of effort I put in.

Other thought: how many folks, like me, have their choices skewed by the requirements of carry in their locale? Where I'm from, accidentally exposing your CCW can result in losing your carry, if not your handgun permit. Hence my choice of AIWB G26; it can only really get uncovered if I try hard. If accidental exposure carried less of a penalty, I might instead opt for OWB of something with more capacity or caliber. .40 or .45 USP Compact sounds intriguing as of late.

While these are all valid points in their own right, they are all tangential to the goal of tracking trends in carry data here on P-F.

This is actually the third or fourth time we have conducted this poll in a general sense. Because of that I can pretty much tell you today, long before the poll closes that double-stack 9mm Glocks will “win”. If we broke them up by G26/19/17/34/19X/45/etc it would merely add choices to the poll in many respects. Because what you would find is probably 95% of Glock responders clicked Glock 19.

In terms broadly of polling data here on P-F far more interesting are trends and changes in the 2nd and 3rd place positions. Which at present are: 2nd(Tie)9mm HKs, Small Frame Revolvers; 3rd Beretta PX4. Both the HK and the Beretta are interesting results, because they are likely a general reflection of P-F trends and firearms advocated for or improved by P-F Subject Matter Experts; not trends broadly representative of the “average gun owner”.

One reason to run the poll now is the addition of the Glock 43X, Glock 48, and the Sig P365 to the market place. Last time we ran the poll, I believe we only had the G43 and maybe the earliest adopters of the G48. Regardless, I’m curious to see how the addition of models may change the 2nd and 3rd place positions.

mtnbkr
05-01-2020, 04:09 AM
LCR.

I’m sure folks are astonished.

#MeToo

I should carry the Glock 48 more often, but the LCR just disappears in my waistband and I live the j-frame lifestyle by default.

Chris

revchuck38
05-01-2020, 05:07 AM

Either PX4s are really more common than I thought - or the PX4 dudes all come out at 8:30pm CST...

BWAHAHAHA...:)

Though I usually carry the PX4, when I need something smaller it's the P99c. And sometimes it's an M&P45 w/thumb safety because I really like the platform (SFA w/safety) and the examples I have are in .45 ACP.

mmc45414
05-01-2020, 05:30 AM

It’s certainly easier to carry a J frame, but the commander is by far the easiest service pistol to carry.
The M&P 2.0c has been pretty constant for a while, but if pack on just a couple more quarantine pounds I might have to change my vote to 1911.

NH Shooter
05-01-2020, 06:05 AM
Other:Pistol

Every waking hour of the day I'm wearing pants (I wear pants most of the time I'm not in bed);

https://i.ibb.co/chT2z03/edc-7.jpg

Rex G
05-01-2020, 06:23 AM
The lock-down/quarantine/COVIDity is affecting things, substantially. Being without training opportunities* means a shift away from Glocks, especially, as that Glock-y neither-fish-nor-fowl trigger requires the most training to maintain competence. My Nineteen-Elevening skill level is less-perishable, than my Glocking, but I think I am being driven more firmly into revolving pistols.

I am considering a couple of “old man gun” solutions, among auto-loaders, as my aging right thumb/hand/wrist get worse, but, again, being unable to shoot would delay function-testing of new weapons.

So, my answer will probably be one of the revolver categories. I will delay, until nearer the end of the polling time, as things may settle, a bit more, into one or the other of the revolver categories.

*Even with things starting to re-open, we are still tending to isolate/cover, as my wife has a health condition that makes her most-vulnerable, in the event of a COVID exposure, and I am not without my own underlying health issue.

Stephanie B
05-01-2020, 06:47 AM
Awkward......

Social distancing, dude. Stay the fuck away.

SamueL
05-01-2020, 07:10 AM
P227 on-duty
M&P Shield 9 off

I'm impatiently waiting for the department to change the issued pistol in selfish hopes of standardizing to one platform.

Stephanie B
05-01-2020, 07:32 AM
My main quibble is the title of this thread.

I don't carry a "platform". I carry a "handgun".

If I were to carry a platform, then I'd want to add a PA system...

Robinson
05-01-2020, 08:05 AM
1911 either 45 or 38 Super.

Wise_A
05-01-2020, 08:29 AM
While these are all valid points in their own right, they are all tangential to the goal of tracking trends in carry data here on P-F.

Ah. You don't care about size/weight/capacity, you care about the design and action.

I agree the PX4 is sort've interesting. It's out there, but it's sort of a "cult" gun. 92s, I think, are getting more popular, and Langdon guns--either the LTT factory trim levels, owner-modified factory guns, or actual Langdon pistols--definitely have mainstream exposure. But the PX4 is very much a P-F thing.

HCountyGuy
05-01-2020, 08:33 AM
PX4CC is my primary but I’m looking to make a switch to a Gen5 Glock sometime this year.

Guerrero
05-01-2020, 08:50 AM

That when we all dance around our LangdonTactical statues under the moonlight.

Stephanie B
05-01-2020, 09:17 AM
1911 either 45 or 38 Super.

Getting a .45 LW Commander in .38 Super interests me. I may need some professional enabling help.

Wake27
05-01-2020, 09:25 AM
I’ll vote in the poll when I’m on a computer, but aside from one day of carrying a 1911, pretty sure this is the only gun I’ve ever carried (not necessarily in this form though - it took a while to get there):

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200501/5334ff3b6370272f6b569d32b3febf97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe S
05-01-2020, 09:26 AM
RevolverRob , something to consider that I never see in these polls, that perhaps you've thought of, but wanted to mention: none.

Understanding the name of the forum and all, but I'm curious how many members if they were honest and anonymous might say that much of the time, they don't carry a handgun the majority of the time. For instance, given your primary/backup example, if someone doesn't carry 5 days a week due to workplace NPE, but jocks up on the weekend for going downtown, etc. Does that count as none? Maybe for threat assessment reasons, maybe for legality, maybe some folks for professional reasons are only carrying a long gun.

Just a thought.

Wake27
05-01-2020, 09:39 AM
RevolverRob , something to consider that I never see in these polls, that perhaps you've thought of, but wanted to mention: none.

Understanding the name of the forum and all, but I'm curious how many members if they were honest and anonymous might say that much of the time, they don't carry a handgun the majority of the time. For instance, given your primary/backup example, if someone doesn't carry 5 days a week due to workplace NPE, but jocks up on the weekend for going downtown, etc. Does that count as none? Maybe for threat assessment reasons, maybe for legality, maybe some folks for professional reasons are only carrying a long gun.

Just a thought.

Well he didn’t ask what do you carry every day, so I took it more of asking what you carry, when you do. I work on Fort Carson and don’t feel the need to risk it so I don’t carry most days of the week.

Caballoflaco
05-01-2020, 09:40 AM
My daily double stack glock 9mm is a 26.

I’ll post up a photo later of how my corrosive sweat is slowly destroying it and why I worry about carrying anything that has more small parts and springs to be slowly dissolved into nothing.

ranger
05-01-2020, 09:47 AM
Still carrying M&P 2.0 9mm Compact 4 inch with red FO front sight, Dawson rear, and APEX duty kit.

blues
05-01-2020, 10:25 AM
I voted J frame because I'm home more often than not.

However, it doesn't accompany me when I leave home (unless it were very unusual circumstance where I felt the need for a BUG). So G26 would be the "not at home" answer.

Seven_Sicks_Two
05-01-2020, 01:26 PM
About a year ago I switched jobs and started working in an NPE with a dress code. My days of a Glock 19, jeans, and an untucked button-down shirt at work are over.

As a result, my primary carry gun is now an LCP, in either a BFG or Desantis pocket holster.

When I'm not at the office (or lately, social distancing/stuck at home) I carry the 19.

Robinson
05-01-2020, 01:33 PM
Getting a .45 LW Commander in .38 Super interests me. I may need some professional enabling help.

The Dan Wesson Guardian is offered in 38 Super and looks pretty solid if you like the bobtail. It's tempting to order a pair.

But I'm keeping an eye out for a Colt Lightweight Commander 38 Super or two -- they come up for sale occasionally but they aren't in the current catalog. The Supers I already own just run like crazy.

Casual Friday
05-01-2020, 03:06 PM
Glock 17 gen 5. I'm carrying it in a Raven Phantom OWB like it's 2010 instead of AIWB because I had hernia surgery last fall and a followup procedure after getting an infection.

Sauer Koch
05-01-2020, 03:24 PM
P30 V1 w/TFX Pro’s **if I ever get it back from Coating Technologies :mad:

1911Nut
05-01-2020, 09:08 PM
CZ 75 Shadowline Compact.

Rex G
05-01-2020, 09:11 PM
Glock 34 Gen 5.

I was so reluctant to buy one. I owned five different Glock models - two different generation 26 and 19’s.

I finally bought one once the slide was enclosed, the front lip was right, it had serrations, cut for a RDS, and I like the finish of the new Gen 5’s.

I’m very impressed. I might change the sights, but other then that - I’m extremely happy and I carry it all the time. I carried it today with the baby in a stroller for a walk in the neighborhood.

I never could get comfortable with the other models. Carrying a 34 AIWB - didn’t see that being what would win my heart.

Enclosed slide; I had been unaware of this change. Thanks for the heads-up! For a street/field gun, if there are openings on the top, there should be opening on the bottom, so that anything that falls in, can then be spit out. I had been leery of the previous G34, because of the open-top slide.

Amp
05-01-2020, 09:15 PM
Wilson Combat 5" CQB .45 every day.

KellyinAvon
05-01-2020, 09:29 PM
G26 Gen 3 with two round extension and Ameriglo Spartan Ops.

jrbway
05-01-2020, 09:51 PM
I live in NPE’s, so a J Frame gets the nod every day... currently vetting a PPS M2.

VT1032
05-02-2020, 08:10 AM
Glock 19 Gen 5. I switched to AIWB last summer so I've been carrying the G19 a lot more. I mostly carried a G43 before when I was doing strong side IWB, but occasionally carried the G19.

fixer
05-02-2020, 09:58 AM
Current platform is 1911: Springer RO compact is main carry gun, practice and training gun is RO Elite Compact. HD is MC Operator. Wife's HD is RO Elite 9mm, target.

Previous in order

Glock
Beretta 92s
PX4

Kanye Wyoming
05-02-2020, 12:13 PM
Based on the results this far, what is most surprising to you all?

revchuck38
05-02-2020, 12:56 PM

To me, it's the relative dearth of M&Ps. They're well-regarded on this forum but only 11 people (so far) admit carrying them. The same goes for Beretta 92s.

Kanye Wyoming
05-02-2020, 12:59 PM
To me, it's the relative dearth of M&Ps. They're well-regarded on this forum but only 11 people (so far) admit carrying them. The same goes for Beretta 92s.
The dearth of M&Ps struck me as well. 92s - they're pretty big boys to carry every day so I can't say I'm particularly surprised about that.

45dotACP
05-02-2020, 02:17 PM
Government model of course.

something something...two world wars!

I was somewhat surprised by the number of 1911 guys and gals on here.

Totem Polar
05-02-2020, 02:37 PM

Other than this, absolutely nothing even raises an eyebrow:

Rex G
05-02-2020, 03:06 PM

I see no surprises, but did notice that medium revolvers were zero, until I selected that category. I reckon most who speak of love for their medium revolvers are more likely to actually carry a small-frame revolver more of the the time, or, perhaps, may have recently up-gunned in response to these “interesting times.”

I had been hesitant to reply to the poll, as I was trying to decide whether I carried SP101 or GP100/Speed Six/K-Frame revolvers more often, but then I saw that Colt Cobra was considered medium-frame, and an SP101 is about that size.

The COVID situation has actually caused me to shift more toward revolvers, because, with no opportunities to train, I default to that which is the least-perishable skill: long-stroke DA. Glock-trigger-pulling is one of my most-perishable firearms skills.

Medium-sized revolvers grip frames are the best physical/ergonomic fit, in my hands. While dry-firing revolvers, there is no need to reset anything, as with autos. Medium revolvers are my “isolation guns.”

My Nineteen-Elevening retention is actually quite good, compared to Glocking retention, but not as good as long-stroke DA. I doubt that my “controlled pairs” with a 1911 would look very good, at all, by now. Edited to add: Actually, I would not even want to attempt a controlled pair, on the street, right now.

revchuck38
05-02-2020, 03:33 PM
I see no surprises, but did notice that medium revolvers were zero, until I selected that category. I reckon most who speak of love for their medium revolvers are more likely to actually carry a small-frame revolver more of the the time, or, perhaps, may have recently up-gunned in response to these “interesting times.”

I'm in that second group. Until I finally drank the Givens koolaid (that one needs at least ten rounds on board) I was quite happy carrying my M10-8 loaded with R-P LSWC-HPs and two speedloaders. I still think that one could do a lot worse, and it conceals better than my bottomfeeders.

JCS
05-02-2020, 03:43 PM
Voted single stack Glock 9mm but will be changing soon to a sig p365.

Yung
05-02-2020, 04:31 PM

Not many of the revolver folks carrying something medium or large.
Only one 320 carrier so far but more than ten 365.

Baldanders
05-02-2020, 08:07 PM
CW 45 the moment. (Even a spare mag, too, my COVID-19 paranoia consession)

Bucky
05-03-2020, 05:05 AM
I’m confused, since GLOCK never made a single stack 9mm. The assumption here obviously is the 1.5 in stack 43, 43X, and 48.

So I get the point. However, my carry of recent is a 48 with a Shield arms magazine, which is clearly a double stack magazine with its 15+1 capacity. So is that just a “single stack” gun with a double stack magazine. So many questions.

KellyinAvon
05-04-2020, 06:31 AM
203 responded to the poll, overwhelming #1 is double-stack 9mm Glock. How many are LEOs and that's their duty weapon (AKA the gun they carry most often)? I'm a non-LEO who carries a G26. I guess I'm wondering if it is that popular overall.

I do realize this forum may not be a representative sample of law-abiding citizens who carry handguns lawfully. Getting those numbers could take forever, and still be wrong!

mmc45414
05-04-2020, 08:05 AM

To me, it's the relative dearth of M&Ps. They're well-regarded on this forum but only 11 people (so far) admit carrying them.

The dearth of M&Ps struck me as well.
But maybe it is just a Glock heavy world, without them it looks like it is still a lotta 1911s & J-Frames! :cool:

PS: I am one of the eleven guys! Hahaha

blues
05-04-2020, 08:08 AM
203 responded to the poll, overwhelming #1 is double-stack 9mm Glock. How many are LEOs and that's their duty weapon (AKA the gun they carry most often)? I'm a non-LEO who carries a G26. I guess I'm wondering if it is that popular overall.

I do realize this forum may not be a representative sample of law-abiding citizens who carry handguns lawfully. Getting those numbers could take forever, and still be wrong!

Some former LEOs carry firearms they carried while still employed as well...in my case G26 and G19. (But I voted for the J frame since that's what I have on me most of the time, and since I'm retired, most of that time is carry in or around my home environs.)

Nephrology
05-04-2020, 08:14 AM
Curious as to what folks actually are using these days. Select the truthful answer of the firearm platform/model that you carry THE most.

If you’re tied because you carry a primary and back-up - give us the PRIMARY. Example: If you carry a G19 and a J-Frame everyday - Tell us Glock 19. However, if it’s mostly J-Frame and the G19 comes out on the weekends, select J-frame.

No need to respond directly to this thread. FYI; who selects what answer is not data available to me, nor do I want it or intend to collect it. Further, the data from this poll will only be disseminated and/or used on P-F.

You might ask yourself, “Why do this?” - If you’re new to P-F (i.e., you’ve joined us in the last 2-3 years), you may not realize P-F has a tradition of trying to generate and understand data and patterns. We’re not attempting anything nefarious here, merely looking at the trends in P-F members who respond to this poll. Such data might be used to help us inform certain discussions or prompt certain kinds of threads.

If in the end you feel uncomfortable answering the poll, don’t answer it.

If your specific choice is not present, select “Other”. You can tell us in a post, IF YOU WANT TO, but “others” will be grouped together in the final analysis.

-

Because responses are not necessary, I’ll probably bump this thread every few days for ~2 weeks.

I need to do another big site-wide google poll again. I did one for Jan 2019, was busy this holiday season and let it slip.

as long as we're posting responses, I'd say probably ~65/35 split between doublestack/singlestack 9mm glock over the full calendar year. That may change once I shoot my 48s enough to trust.

RevolverRob
05-04-2020, 08:42 AM

I'm with Sidhe, the number of PX4s, is my surprise. Combined with, despite all the love for the 92-series around here, the limited number of those. Other than that, no real surprises.

The M&P situation doesn't really surprise me - because it doesn't do anything that a Glock doesn't do as well. And the M&P is no smaller than any other gun out there. I like the M&P, but find like many do, that the gun is very rounded and thus not as easy to shoot as a square grip gun. Which makes it a distant third place choice for me, behind the 1911 and the USP.

Because P-F is hardly representative of broad gun culture, the number of 9mm HKs, isn't surprising to me. But if we compared to other forums, it probably would be.

Le Français
05-04-2020, 09:30 AM

I’m an LEO and my duty gun is a G26, but I work in plainclothes and my on-duty EDC is identical to my off-duty EDC. If I were CCing as a civilian, I’d probably still carry a G26.

Clusterfrack
05-04-2020, 09:36 AM
I wonder how many CZ P-07s there are in that dataset?

Duelist
05-04-2020, 09:41 AM

Not a LEO. When I carry a semiauto, that is my most carried gun, and has been since the shutdown. But I carry a Jframe more often during normal times due to the legal and policy constraints of my workplace.

WFH, I can carry what I want since I’m just going from my bedroom to my recliner where I keep my work laptop. Different full-size gun every day of the week? Sure. 6” N frame? Why not!

Boxers and an AR carbine on a single point around my neck? Could do. Not saying I have or will, but ... could.

Elwin
05-08-2020, 01:23 PM
I wonder how many CZ P-07s there are in that dataset?

Well one of them is my P99 (yep, the newbie's here answering your poll, sorry if that skews the data). So less than 11 as of now.

My personal guess is that category is mostly G19 equivalents, whether striker or DA, though it's such a catchall I'm sure it also includes some more interesting answers.

Clusterfrack
05-08-2020, 02:00 PM
...So less than 11 as of now.

Yeah, I kind of already knew that carrying a P-07 makes me a gun hipster.

I like the P99. More people should carry it.

RevolverRob
05-08-2020, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I kind of already knew that carrying a P-07 makes me a gun hipster.

Probably more than there are P320s but less than P365s. :p

I'm gonna make fun of you next time you tell me I'm carrying a snowflake gun. :cool:

Elwin
05-08-2020, 03:39 PM

That doesn't surprise me, since if I didn't carry the P99 the P07 would be on my short list for an alternative. There's a relatively short list of things that are basically DA/SA Glock 19s.

Bucky
05-08-2020, 04:43 PM
I’m confused, since GLOCK never made a single stack 9mm. The assumption here obviously is the 1.5 in stack 43, 43X, and 48.

So I get the point. However, my carry of recent is a 48 with a Shield arms magazine, which is clearly a double stack magazine with its 15+1 capacity. So is that just a “single stack” gun with a double stack magazine. So many questions.

RevolverRob , still looking to cast my vote. G48 with 15 round mag. Single or double stack?

RevolverRob
05-08-2020, 04:59 PM
RevolverRob , still looking to cast my vote. G48 with 15 round mag. Single or double stack?

We’re counting G48 and G43 as “single stack”.

olstyn
05-08-2020, 05:09 PM
Well one of them is my P99 (yep, the newbie's here answering your poll, sorry if that skews the data). So less than 11 as of now.

My personal guess is that category is mostly G19 equivalents, whether striker or DA, though it's such a catchall I'm sure it also includes some more interesting answers.

Well, my P99c is more of a G26 equivalent, but yeah, I bet that category *is* mostly G19 equivalents of one kind or another. Also, welcome to the forum. :)

Totem Polar
05-08-2020, 05:09 PM
We’re counting G48 and G43 as “single stack”.

At 15 rounds, somebody is "stacking the deck."

;)

Baldanders
05-08-2020, 05:27 PM
So Taurus gets an entry, but Kahr gets shoved to "other?"

You know how to hurt a guy.

blues
05-08-2020, 05:32 PM
So Taurus gets an entry, but Kahr gets shoved to "other?"

You know how to hurt a guy.

One is bull and the other is...?

Baby you can drive my Kahr... Never shot one...don't know.

Baldanders
05-08-2020, 06:20 PM
One is bull and the other is...?

Baby you can drive my Kahr... Never shot one...don't know.

My CW45 was a problem child for the first 200 rounds, well-behaved since.

Slick and light DAO trigger, takes 1911 mags, eats all ammo, mild recoil for a .45 compact, super homely.

revchuck38
05-08-2020, 07:11 PM
Well, my P99c is more of a G26 equivalent, but yeah, I bet that category *is* mostly G19 equivalents of one kind or another. Also, welcome to the forum. :)

The same with mine, I wanted a G26-sized gun with a DA first shot. +1 on the welcome!