PDA

View Full Version : Competitions Appear to Be Restarting

Zincwarrior
04-28-2020, 07:47 AM
In Texas, the Governor has started "Phase 1" reopening (not to be confused with Fed phase 1). Sporting events of up to four people are permitted.

It appears my fellow gamers who are shaking in the corner from non shooting DTs have taken this to heart. Two matches were announced shortly after, a local 3 gun match and a local "action steel" match. This is on top of IDPA matches that continued north of San Antonio.

Are others seeing matches and ranges re-open?

snow white
04-28-2020, 07:57 AM
I have a uspsa match on the 16th in Maine, I'm excited.

Kyle Reese
04-28-2020, 08:00 AM
I'm chomping at the bit to get back into 2-Gun in WV......

snow white
04-28-2020, 08:18 AM
I'm chomping at the bit to get back into 2-Gun in WV......

It is my goal to start a regular 2 gun comp here in NH.

YVK
04-28-2020, 08:43 AM
Much to my surprise, l received an email yesterday that our state match is cancelled. The surprising part is that the match was to be held in September. Another surprising part is that the decision comes from a group of folks who ran a match mid-March after I emailed them with a suggestion to cancel that one.

GJM
04-28-2020, 08:57 AM
Local matches restarting here as of May 1. There is discussion of social distancing in terms of sign in and squad sizes.

Zincwarrior
04-28-2020, 09:09 AM
Much to my surprise, l received an email yesterday that our state match is cancelled. The surprising part is that the match was to be held in September. Another surprising part is that the decision comes from a group of folks who ran a match mid-March after I emailed them with a suggestion to cancel that one.

Thats...interesting. I wonder if there is a problem with the facility its being held at.

We had several major matches rescheduled to after August in Texas.

Local matches restarting here as of May 1. There is discussion of social distancing in terms of sign in and squad sizes
The steel match is limiting to only three squads with ten, and everyone except shoooter/SO/scorekeeper ordered out of the area except during reset.

Wake27
04-28-2020, 09:12 AM
Local matches restarting here as of May 1. There is discussion of social distancing in terms of sign in and squad sizes.

Same, I just signed up for 3 gun on the third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YVK
04-28-2020, 09:13 AM
Thats...interesting. I wonder if there is a problem with the facility its being held at.

No problems with the facility. Explanation for the decision is based on current social distancing rules and logistic inability to conduct a large match under such rules. The letter expresses a concern when and to what extent the rules will be lifted. County where the range is located is the hardest hit county in the state.

Zincwarrior
04-28-2020, 09:23 AM
Fair enough. I'd be pulling my hair out if I were the MD (if I still had hair worth pulling out).

45dotACP
04-28-2020, 09:51 AM
I'm basically looking at the local IL competition season as being a total loss.

Even the club I belong to has announced it will remain closed even for members who are shooting on their own.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
04-28-2020, 02:45 PM
Shooting USPSA this Sat @ Texarkana GC, steel there on 9 May then USPSA back @ Jerry’s/my club on 16 May in NW La :cool:

Bart Carter
04-28-2020, 07:41 PM
Silver State Practical is holding a USPSA match this weekend at Pro Gun in Boulder City, NV. Notice went out Monday around 2 PM and was fully booked in an hour and a half. :eek: 6 squads of 6 with plenty of rules to keep people safe.

I lucked out, having my phone on me at the time.

JonInWA
04-29-2020, 03:57 PM
I'm hoping to make our IDPA State match and a GSSF match in August; but that's highly COVID contingent. Even if it isn't, we really need to think things through seriously. Just because there's a "We can" doesn't mean that it's a "We should."

Until there is near universal testiing and a viable vaccine, I not going to risk my life or the lives of others just for my own selfish needs for fellowship and match gratification. Some clear and cogent thought about match viability and realistic protocols needs to be thought through. It may result in fundamental changes to our sport and training.

Best, Jon

YVK
05-15-2020, 03:54 PM
First match after the lockdown tomorrow. Got a new gun for it

GJM
05-15-2020, 04:11 PM
First match after the lockdown tomorrow. Got a new gun for it

YVK is so excited for this match, he probably will be unable to sleep tonight.

YVK
05-15-2020, 04:55 PM
YVK is so excited for this match, he probably will be unable to sleep tonight.

I slept 3 hours last night. I'll sleep like a baby tonight. In fact, I concerned i might oversleep tomorrow.

ranger
05-15-2020, 05:31 PM
Shot a PRS 1 day shoot at K&M Precision in TN. Very nice. About 140 shooters through 11 stages between 730AM and 2PM!

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
05-16-2020, 04:02 PM
Shooting USPSA this Sat @ Texarkana GC, steel there on 9 May then USPSA back @ Jerry’s/my club on 16 May in NW La :cool:

Yes quoting myself, I know bad form but the first 2 above got X'd BUT had a 5 stage steel match Fri evening w/ the above match @ Jerry's still on for Sun. if the WX doesn't X it.

Zincwarrior
05-16-2020, 05:08 PM
So far shot three locals this month. Looking at making two more! Have to get in as many as possible before the sky starts catching fire in mid July and August.

LittleLebowski
05-16-2020, 06:26 PM
Shot a PRS 1 day shoot at K&M Precision in TN. Very nice. About 140 shooters through 11 stages between 730AM and 2PM!

What rifle did you use?

ranger
05-16-2020, 06:34 PM
What rifle did you use?

Custom 6.5 Creedmoor. Accurate Ordnance built. Stiller Spectre action, cannot remember barrel. Timney trigger. XLR Evolution Chassis. Area 419 Hellfire Brake. Burris XTR II 5-25x50 MIL (ugly sand camo one that I got on discount from DVOR). Harris 6-9 Bipod. My reloads - Nosler 140 Custom Competition over 41.7 H4350 in Hornady brass unknown primer assembled on a Dillon 550 using the Dillon powder drop. My first PRS match. Middle of pack - issue was not as much hits as time - 75 seconds per stage. K&M Precision is awesome.

Totem Polar
05-16-2020, 06:59 PM
Straight up: there are places in Idaho where the matches never stopped.

CleverNickname
05-16-2020, 10:58 PM
Straight up: there are places in Idaho where the matches never stopped.
Yeah most matches stopped here in Houston too, but at least one IDPA/USPSA club never stopped.

Amp
05-18-2020, 12:26 PM
Matches in NC have started back. We have 6 bays at our range and limited sign up to 60 shooters, the match filled up in less than a day.

PNWTO
05-19-2020, 03:46 PM
Custom 6.5 Creedmoor...

I love those XLR chassis pieces, just picked one up for my new 6.5 PRC hunting rig.

rdtompki
05-26-2020, 08:24 PM
The range in San Luis Obispo could be in trouble. Apparently, Fish and Game (the leasee) is still thinking about allowing it to open. I moved out of CA 18 months ago, but shot there monthly. It's a great range. Here in Idaho matches are underway! at Nampa and Parma.

Exiledviking
05-26-2020, 09:27 PM
The range in San Luis Obispo could be in trouble. Apparently, Fish and Game (the leasee) is still thinking about allowing it to open. I moved out of CA 18 months ago, but shot there monthly. It's a great range. Here in Idaho matches are underway! at Nampa and Parma.Crud!!!
That's the only range I have access to that extends beyond 100 yards. A really nice range.