PDA

View Full Version : Bullied Kid Fights Back (video)

Frank D.
03-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Don't know if you've seen this. Casey Heynes has enough from a bully. (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/worldwide-fame-for-sydney-bully-victim/story-fn6b3v4f-1226022776927) +1 for the (not-so) weak.

Casey Heynes, Sydney (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlfokvjooZw)

David
03-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Say hello to the pimp-hand.

Kyle Reese
03-16-2011, 02:50 PM
There's no doubt that bullying is a serious social issue, esp given the advent of social media outlets and the like.

How is it addressed in an effective manner without delving into la la land?

I've had this discussion with left leaning family members, and none of them have any concrete ideas as to how to address bullying. Instead they offer tired platitudes ("violence is never the answer") and politically correct slogans ("if we only gave more money for education / welfare this wouldn't happen").

Ga Shooter
03-16-2011, 03:07 PM
I understand this kid is in some kind of trouble for defending himself!! WTF!!!

Frank D.
03-16-2011, 03:11 PM
I heard that the school has a mandatory suspension policy for 'fighting'. I'm not sure I agree with it, but I could see how that might serve to protect the school from further liability, and the student from retaliation.

John Ralston
03-16-2011, 04:29 PM
1. That kid will never be bullied again

2. The bully will likely be thinking about that moment during PT for some time to come.

3. Both my wife and I agreed that if our kid had done the same thing that we would take him/her out for dinner and a movie afterwards :cool:

If violence isn't the answer then we would be bowing to The Queen of England instead of cursing our Democratically Elected POTUS right now.

ToddG
03-16-2011, 04:51 PM
If he'll probably stand there and take it is your Plan A, you really should give considerable thought to Plan B.

Pistol Shooter
03-16-2011, 04:59 PM
If he'll probably stand there and take it is your Plan A, you really should give considerable thought to Plan B.

Well said. :D

IIRC, the kid took two punches to his head and maintained his composure before he pile drove the nasty little bully into the ground.

Shellback
03-16-2011, 05:48 PM
3. Both my wife and I agreed that if our kid had done the same thing that we would take him/her out for dinner and a movie afterwards :cool:

That was my first thought! :D They might suspend him but he wouldn't "be in trouble" for defending himself at my house.

JV_
03-16-2011, 06:04 PM
That kid looked pretty dazed after hitting the ground, I'm betting he will feel it on the morning.

Kyle Reese
03-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Hopefully this is a life altering event for him (in a good way).

That kid looked pretty dazed after hitting the ground, I'm betting he will feel it on the morning.

mongooseman
03-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Not surprised they were both suspended. Typical school administrator stupidity. :mad:

Frank D.
03-17-2011, 04:02 AM
Slight update, Today/Tonight, an Australian 'news' program that basically does a bunch of human-interest/tabloid crap had an interview with the boys mother - she basically said he got what he deserved.
:cool: